Disney's "Rapunzel" info!!

I am very excited! I love Kristen Chenoweth's voice and I am VERY happy to see a broadway composer back at the helm writing the music!!
------------------------------------------
Fairy Tale Spin: Wicked Star Chenoweth Up for Disney's "Rapunzel" with Tesori Songs
By Ernio Hernandez
14 Jul 2004

Wicked witch Kristin Chenoweth is up for a role as another fairy tale diva in the upcoming Walt Disney animated film "Rapunzel: Unbraided," possibly featuring songs by Caroline, or Change composer Jeanine Tesori, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The trade magazine purports that the Broadway blonde would voice the long-locked, tower beauty opposite film's "Legally Blonde" actress Reese Witherspoon. Glen Keane (supervising animator "Tarzan" and "Beauty and the Beast") is set to direct the project.

"Rapunzel: Unbraided" reportedly follows the modern-day fairy tale of a girl (Witherspoon) and boy thrown into the world of the title character filled with ogres, fairy tale characters and, yes, witches.

Chenoweth ends her reign as Glinda the Good in Wicked July 18. The actress will be seen on the big screen in the upcoming films "The Pink Panther" and "Bewitched." She has previously appeared on Broadway in Steel Pier, Epic Proportions and her Tony Award-winning turn in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Her television movie turns include the ABC musicals "Annie" and "The Music Man."

Composer Tesori, who penned Broadway's Thoroughly Modern Millie and Caroline, or Change, previously worked with Disney on the yet-to-be-released sequels to "Mulan" and "Lilo and Stitch". She has also teamed with Chenoweth on the NBC series "Kristin" and the song "The Girl in 14-G" featured on her solo album, "Let Yourself Go With Rob Fisher and the Coffee Club Orchestra."
-------------------------
a link to the article itself:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87330.html

kristen-chenoweth.jpg

SharonKurland

Yeah...all of the "Wicked" fans have been mourning their loss, ahead of time, for the past month over on broadway.com .

-Sharon-

I'm assuming this film will be more Shrek-style??

(Here's hoping we can have another honest film, i.e. Beauty, made by the Walt Disney Co. :- )

Tink

Yes, Kristin has a lovely voice, but will she pull the diva-crap she pulled with "Wicked" that kept the show from being a masterpiece and instead turned it into a two and a half long mugging session for her?

Why couldn't they have gotten Idina, who rocks the world?

All that being said- I really did enjoy "Wicked."

As to Jeanine Tesori, I am a little concerned about her. I think she's a brilliant composer but everything I've ever heard by her is definitely "un-Disney" in it's sound. I worry the general public will not accept her music in a Disney film.

Tink

I'm not encouraged by the possibility of a Shrek "clone," but I am encouraged by the possiblility of maybe some memorable new songs, which have been sorely lacking in the Disney films of the past few years, save a few from Home On The Range.

After all, I seem to remember seeing this written somewhere, by someone......."when they go home, the song is what they keep."

Michael