Disneyland Hotel [DLRP]

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
The Hotel Disneyland at DLRP has a mmusic loop for the main reception area and the overhead walkways.
It's clips from the OSTs of various Disney films and is slightly unusual as it's a vocal loop rather than just the music.
Unfortunately it was playing far too low (and very high up) and also rather noisy (everything echoes).
I'm just wondering if it rings a bell from other parks.
I was able to make a partial track list.

Spoonful of Sugar
? (may or may not be another Mary one here)
Following the leader
(again, too much noise - possibly Pooh little black raincloud?).
Small World (US version in English)
Mickey Mouse Club March
(too much noise so missed a couple)
Hi Diddle dee dee
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf
Digga-dig/Heigh Ho

That's as much as I could get but they are in order. The place filled with kids so I gave up.
As I said, these are vocal versions from the OST and not the instrumental versions used in some loops (DLRP walkway etc).
Any ideas if this plays elsewhere and if so, is there a listing available?
Thanks.
It was a real disappointment not to get a recording of this but it beat me. Couldn't get anything at all bar guest noises.
A couple of years ago, this loop also played in the rooms themselves - in the toilet of all places. Although the volume control remains, they have stopped piping the music through (I've heard of music while you work but, perhaps not) :blink:

Thanks.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Seeing how DLP likes to put on CDs in their hotel lobbies, I'd guess it's a compilation CD such as this one:

http://www.nutsie.com/album/The%20Disney%20Collection%20Vol.%20No.%201/1101839

...which also has all the tracks you were sure about, some even in the same order.

Thanks for the memory jog. I knew it all sounded familiar (I have the CD of course).
There's only one that seems "out of order" there but it's from a secondary "passing through" note so hi diddle dee dee may not be the actual track preceding Who's afraid. (I may have just jotted one down as I heard it while passing through).
The ones I sat down and noted do, indeed, follow from each other. Also makes sense in the one that may have been Pooh was, in fact, the Tiki room (I wouldn't have associated that with DLRP so it probably didn't register).
Makes it a lot easier to confirm now - just list the songs from the CD and check them live to the loop next time :D
Thanks again.

I also heard the Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops album "A Disney Spectacular" played from start to finish.
I have since wanted to buy that album, even before I figured out what it was... I was not sorry! I loved every arrangement, especially since some of them were by Disney vet Bruce Healey!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Where was that playing?
There is audio in different sections of the building (I remember the Fantasia bar played something but, not being a drinker, I didn't really pay much attention to what and, of course, we haven't eaten (excluding breakfast) in the restaurant (bit too expensive)and I'm sure something more adult would play there while dining.
I can't remember hearing that one anywhere so I'd be interesting in getting it next time to add to the blog.
I do have that CD and it's not familiar as playing at the hotel unless it was the lift music or (and yes, they really had this) - the music in the toilet in the rooms. Both have been off for the last three years we have stayed there.
The lobby and walkway music is most definitely from the Vol 1 CD.
Looks like I'll have to explore more.

DavidG

Perhaps they played that a while ago? I remember that a few years back they played a Disney Afternoon compilation CD. At another point they had an official DLP album playing. Since they're commercially available CDs, they got replaced quite a lot over the years. I feel that the DLH should really play a more elegant music loop than any of those I've heard in the past 15 years or so.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Perhaps they played that a while ago? I remember that a few years back they played a Disney Afternoon compilation CD. At another point they had an official DLP album playing. Since they're commercially available CDs, they got replaced quite a lot over the years. I feel that the DLH should really play a more elegant music loop than any of those I've heard in the past 15 years or so.
Yes, good point. If playing from a CD then changing a loop is pretty easy (as opposed to remaking a mixed loop).
I've stayed there for the last 4 years and it's been the CD Vol 1 each time and at different times of day as well.
I agree, a more elegant loop might be more appropriate.
The one used in the Auberge restaurant or in Salon Mickey would suit.
Still, changing loops keeps us on our toes and makes a good excuse for another visit :D

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Seeing how DLP likes to put on CDs in their hotel lobbies, I'd guess it's a compilation CD such as this one:

http://www.nutsie.com/album/The Disney Collection Vol. No. 1/1101839

...which also has all the tracks you were sure about, some even in the same order.

Just thought I would mention that the tracks (some with videos) on that site are incorrect as far as the CD is concerned. They are not the same versions (in fact, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is in Japanese! :LOL:
They are just ripped from the videos and sing along song videos.
The CD is the correct one though

Disney Collection Vol 1
 UK 

Originally released in 1991 (although the one for sale is described as a later date so probably just a re-release).
It is the only one I have ever heard playing there (stayed there for the last 4 years) but, of course, they may have a selection of CDs and I just happen to hear the same one every time. I ain't spending 24 hours there to check though!

exetor999

Speaking of the Disneyland hotel, does anyone know if the repairs/renovations are complete? Last time I went the whole place was ripped apart, fenced off and just a mess.

thanx

Tom Morrow

Hi everybody !

Since a long time, I'm looking for BGM of Disneyland Hotel (Paris), and until today, I didn't find nothing...except here. Some songs played at Disneyland Hotel are unfoundable (for exemple : I heard an orchestral version of "Main Street Electrical Parade" that there's anywhere else at Disneyland Paris)... Do you have clues or solutions to find a playlist or just a list of the soundtrack ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Tom Morrow

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
We did list a few more BGMs from here in the blog but it's still waiting to be reinstated to the site.
The original playlist was from a single UK released CD which they just repeated as a loop. It played for 20 years (until 2002) when it changed to a shorter loop for the 20 years (I don't have the list to hand, sorry) and then, to another CD Erich Kunzel's A Disney Spectacular album. Again, played in order. Note that most are a medley of several tunes. This was playing in 2015. Run time 66.44. As the hotel plays the CD in order (no edits) it's an easy one to buy. Play it right through.

I do have the listing for 2015 but it's a photo (attached). This includes the Main St parade but I haven't visited to record since 2013 so I haven't heard it. It's possible that it's an in-house recording that isn't available commercially of course. We may get some more details of this loop when the blogs finally return.

At Christmas, the hotel generally plays the Main St Christmas loop.

[Edited to include Amazon album link and attached photo. —Admin]

Attachments

• DlHotel2015.jpg
    DlHotel2015.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 11