Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair?

pinokeyo

Amazon is preselling a boxed cd set entitled "Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair". It will be released on Nov.11. Does anyone have any details on this? ???

Gurgitoy2

Uh, yeah, that seems pretty random. I wonder what's up with that. I sure would love an official release with book/liner notes...besides, I would just buy it to support more stuff like that being released. I wonder though, just how much sales will have been canabalized because it leaked so long ago and so many people already own it...

Gurgitoy2

I'm seeing it on other online sites too, with the same release date...so I guess it must be legit. I wonder if Randy will chime in about it soon? It's really odd though, considering the issues we heard about it's supposed cancellation. Either it got worked out, or maybe the "Magic Skyway" disc got dropped? Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to hearing more info about it, and why it's suddenly being released.

Oh, Randy....I've got a Scooby-snack for you!!

Do any details of the release indicate that WDR is the one releasing it? I will check later when I get to a pc, but I am curious....

Gurgitoy2

Do any details of the release indicate that WDR is the one releasing it? I will check later when I get to a pc, but I am curious....

Yes, all of the sites I've checked state that it is being released by WDR.

I went to Amazon, and yes it says Walt Disney Records is the label. Cool. Come on Randy! We want details!

Gurgitoy2

Wow! I hope it's true and perhaps we can hope for some alternate tracks to what was leaked!

I hope that's the case. It's been 4 years since it's initial planned release, and it's been leaked at close to final design, so maybe they went back and changed some things, knowing what got out. That would be incentive to buy the new set too, for those that already "own" it.

Hell, I've had this set on my hard drive for years now and I guarantee you that I'll be shelling out for an official box set of it. With it showing up on all those retailers' sites I can't imagine it's a fluke. I can't wait to see what all this is about...

Anyone care to summarize why the original set wasn't released? I never caught that story.

X-S Tech

As I understand it, it was the Ford pavillion music that was the holdup. Apparently the contract under which it was recorded didn't cover commercial release, so Disney would have had to go back and pay all the musicians for this release. Apparently it was too cost prohibitive- and I don't mean cost prohibitive cause Disney doesn't like to spend money, I mean outrageously large sum of money that would never have a chance of being made back. How that could have possibly changed, I don't know.

Here's a thought...I wonder if it being leaked could have anything to do with it being released officially? Seems that if someone in Disney did the leaking, the Company could be held responsible, and perhaps the various unions whose music was basically given out for free could push for a commercial release, no matter the cost to Disney, to ensure that at least thier members benefit from someone at Disney trying to go under the radar. Just a theory.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
...or maybe the "Magic Skyway" disc got dropped?
I hear Walt Disney Records got the Ford Magic Skyway music from Dave Oneal. Dave told them that it was okay to use and that they could just ignore any licensing issues.

The Trout

If this is what we think it is, I'd gladly upgrade my MP3s. Liner notes would just ice the cake.

here is the cover art for the 4 disc set pretty spiffy!
51wOVu-zzuL_SS500_.jpg