Disneyland Circlevision

Ryan Kilpatrick

In working on trying to gather every possible DL track I could, I am now looking at the Circlevision shows. I have quality (non-live) recordings of the American Journeys and Wonders of China shows, but nothing else. Does anyone have a list of the other shows and/or quality recordings?

There were two other Disneyland Circle-Vision shows:

A Tour of the West
America the Beautiful (several versions)

Other audio that probably exists including the pre- and post-show areas:

The Talk Song from the '67 refurb
Reach Out and Touch Someone
All Because Man Wanted to Fly Pre-Show
Delta Magic Murals
Lobby Music
Bell Telephone Characther Phone
Probably some queue announcements

There's a good chance there's audio represented here that I don't know about... Circle-Vision existed in some form for 27 years before I was born!

-Jason

Ryan Kilpatrick

See, here I am again sitting here with two great recordings, and Jason Schultz comes by with the news that I don't have half the stuff I need. I tell you, man, you can certainly put a damper on things.

Just kidding. It's fun to find out what you need. I think I can find the Character Phones. Does anyone have a high quality version of America the Beautfiul or any of this other stuff?

NovaCite

One forgotten Cirlclevision film is "Portraits of Canada". It was produced by Disney for Vancouver's Expo 86 but also ran at EPCOT's Canada Pavilion late 86, early 87 as an intended replacement for O Canada. It proved to be less popular with the crowds however, and O Canada was reinstated.

Jim Bower

Ryan,

I didn't say this stuff still exists, just that it might. ;) I'd love to see/hear "A Tour of the West"!

I know the Disney Channel used to occasionally show the pre-1976 version of "America the Beautiful" that was also released on film for educational use. You'd probably be able to grab the audio from that if you can find a copy.

-Jason

MikkiMom

Other audio that probably exists including the pre- and post-show areas:

The Talk Song from the '67 refurb
Reach Out and Touch Someone
All Because Man Wanted to Fly Pre-Show
Delta Magic Murals
Lobby Music
Bell Telephone Characther Phone
Probably some queue announcements

Oh the Bell Telephone Character Phones! I forgot all about those. I can remember the Circlevision was one of my favorite attractions when I was growing up just because of those character phones. Thanks for bringing back such good memories.

Martha

Ryan Kilpatrick

MikkiMom, if you look up Sorceror's Workshop on Webdisney, you'll find the audio from the phones in .wav form. Not great quality mind you, but it might bring back some memories.

Meanwhile, I've spent the last day off and on trying to find a video of America the Beautiful, with no success. Does anyone have a copy that they taped off of the Disney Channel? Or does anyone have an .mp3 of it?

I taped it a few years ago off the Disney Channel, but I'm not sure where the tape is (or if it's even labeled). I might have a chance to look for it in the next few weeks. If I find it, I'll grab the audio and post an mp3 to alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.

-Jason

MikkiMom

MikkiMom, if you look up Sorceror's Workshop on Webdisney, you'll find the audio from the phones in .wav form. Not great quality mind you, but it might bring back some memories.

Thanks for the tip Ryan! I'll have to check it out. :)

Ryan Kilpatrick

A quick update here - I have found a live recording of America The Beautiful (no idea which version) and it is decent quality. However, I would still like to find a master or at least better quality audio of ATB and anything else from Circlevision. Anyone have any ideas?

jehamilton

Don't forget Disneyland Circlevision area was also used as que line for Rocket Rods. I have a partial live recording, the line moved fast.

Ooh! I want the Wonders of China... Where did you find that. I'd like a copy...

I'll look around da haus and see if I have America the Beautiful on tape from the Disney Channel. They showed it at 3am or something one night and blew my mind. Very odd thing to see without expecting it...

mc

DisneySpirit

Jason, Thanks for the listing of circlevision related audio!
I received a tape a few years ago and couldn't identify several of the "bonus" audio items the person had sent to me.
Thanks to your list, I have now identified 2 of them.
All Because Man Wanted to Fly Pre-Show and the
Bell Telephone Character Phones. :)