Disneyland Anniversay CD Box Set

ladytramp

Wow, keep us dreaming!

Any or all of the above posts would be great... I especially like the coffee table book/CD idea.

What about some of the songs that were created for various TV specials... such as the one with Danny Kaye and Adam Rich that recently aired on Vault Disney?

Whatever is included, I would definitely vote for either the One Man's Dream show in its entirety .... or at least the song itself... I can't believe with Walt's 100th Anniversary that that one hasn't re-surfaced yet!

Thurman

Danny Love

ladytramp:

I had read about the "One Man's Dream" show in the World of Disney Television book, and really wanted to see it myself to discover how they chose to portray young Walt and Roy through actors. I can't recall exactly, but I think the way it worked, they kind of tackled it as a musical... the actors would spontaneously break out in song, you know? Although, from all I've read about him, I don't know if Walt would have wanted such a flamboyant representation of his life.

But I'll tell you this, I wonder if there are certain shows from that era that should remain in the vault... did anyone catch that "Christmas at WDW" special from 1977 that aired recently? Featuring the unusual comedy (?) team of Sheilds and Yarnell, it was downright uncomfortable to watch. For me anyway, just... really weird. Perhaps "One Man's Dream" is indicative of that show's content. But who knows... they may just unearth that special one of these nights!

-Danny Love

Gurgitoy2

I don't think that was the "One Man's Dream" that Ladytramp was referring to. I think it's the Disneyland (and Tokyo Disneyland) stage show that was shown at the Fantasyland Theater back in 1990. It only ran one summer at Disneyland, but it ran for 5 years at Tokyo Disneyland. It had two great, original songs "One Man's Dream" and "Mickey Mouse Our Shining Star", and the sets and choreography were great! The show even started out in black & white (even Mickey & Minnie) and turned to color gradually!

What is the "One Man's Dream" you are talking about? I've never heard of that and it sounds very interesting, especially singing versions of Walt and Roy! Do you have any more info about it?

Ben C.

Danny Love

Ben:

Ah! You're probably right... I HAD read about "One Man's Dream" stage show on a website a while back. Saw some pics of it, and it looked like it was pretty well done, too bad it never hit WDW.

Just pulled the book from the shelf, the TV show I was referring to was part of the Sunday night anthology series, which by this time was running on CBS as "Disney's Wonderrful World". It was a two-hour episode broadcast on December 12th, 1981 titled: "Walt Disney... One Man's Dream" and was hosted by Michael Landon. The synopsiis is as follows:

"The genius of Walt Disney and his refusal to listen to defeatists is the subject of this preview look at EPCOT Center, which is under construction in Florida."

There's a list of actors playing the roles of Young Walt Disney, Roy Disney, their sister Ruth (though listed here as Ruthie), and their parents, Flora and Elias. Plus there's some cat playing Mark Twain (foreshadowing The American Adventure attraction, possibly?).

Certainly sounds interesting though, huh? I will say that since this show was a good 4 years after the unattractive "Christmas in WDW" special, there's a good chance the production team behind it was completely different by that time. The "EPCOT Center Grand Opening Celebration" produced a year later was a 2-hour spectacular, and very well done, hosted by the unmatchable Danny Kaye. Vault Disney shows it pretty often, and I'd recommend any vintage park enthusiasts to check it out next time, it's really well-balanced and offers a lot for everyone!

I don't know where I'd heard they portrayed Walt's optimism through song in the show, but I seem to recall reading it elsewhere (the reference I have here makes no notation of songs for any of the shows, so it's quite possible). Even I'M not crazy enough to imagine that one up! Maybe it will turn up one of these nights.

-Danny Love

Gurgitoy2

God, I need to get a TiVo!!! I just can't manage to stay up late enough for Vault Disney, and I never trust what the programming says! I just wish Disney would create a new channel just for the Vault Disney stuff! I think the 2 channels they have now, The Disney Channel and Toon Disney are pretty much crap. the never show any of the classic Disney stuff during the day or even during prime time.

cdisney4

They should have all backround music from the rides and area music. the other cd would include music from all the parades and stage shows there. in order. just like the 15 years of magic at tokyo disney.

Here's the list I came up with... it has a few gaps in the 70s and 80s when there was just nothing going on at the Park:

1955 - Any number of movie/TV songs: "Ballad of Davy Crockett," "Whale of a Tale" or "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," "Merrily on Our Way to Nowhere," "You Can Fly," etc.

1956 - Rainbow Caverns music

1957 - Anything from Sleeping Beauty for the Castle Walk-Thru

1958 - "Alice in Wonderland" or sea shanty from Sailing Ship Columbia

1959 - Monorail Song

1960 - Mine Train Song

1961 - "Disneyland '61" from television show

1962 - Swisskapolka

1963 - "The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room"

1964 - From World's Fair: "Get the Feel of the Wheel of a Ford," "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow," "it's a small world," or "Battle Hymn of the Republic"

1965 - "Battle Hymn of the Republic"

1966 - "it's a small world"

1967 - "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)," "Go Go Goodyear," "Miracles from Molecules," or "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"

1968 -

1969 - "Grim Grinning Ghosts"

1970 - Show Me America parade

1971 -

1972 - "Bear Band Serenade"

1973 -

1974 - America Sings Introduction

1975 - America on Parade

1976 -

1977 - Space Mountain Atmosphere Queue Music/SFX

1978 -

1979 - "Legend of Thunder Mountain"

1980 - "Disneyland Family Reunion Parade" theme or "Once Upon a Time in Anaheim" (Danny Kaye)

1981 -

1982 - Superspeed tunnel Tron Lightcycles SFX

1983 - "When You Wish Upon a Star"

1984 - "Magic Journeys"

1985 -

1986 - "The Great Outdoors," "Another Part of Me," or "We are Here to Change the World"

1987 - Star Tours instrumental

1988 - Blast to the Past parade

1989 - "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah," "How Do You Do," or "One Man's Dream"

1990 - Party Gras

1991 - Disney Afternoon theme or Celebration U.S.A. parade

1992 - Fantasmic! theme

1993 - Mickey's Toontown theme song

1994 - "I Just Can't Wait to be King," "Circle of Life," or something from Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

1995 - Indiana Jones Adventure onboard music,

1996 - Dick Dale Space Mountain music or Festival of Fools theme music

1997 - "Light Magic," "Zero to Hero" or "it's a small world," holiday music

1998 - "Great Big World of Innoventions," "Magic Highways of Tomorrow," The Mulan Parade or Imagination Institute theme music

1999 - Tarzan's Treehouse music

2000 - "45 Years of Magic Parade" or "Believe... There's Magic in the Stars" soundtrack

2001 - Haunted Mansion Holiday or Holiday Believe

-Jason

raz012

bump Bear Band Serenade to 73, and stick Main Street Electrical Parade in 72 ... i THINK it was 72, wasn't it??

And why no Light Magic theme?? ;)

cdisney4

They should have a CD for the parades and shows for the 50th Anniversery.

DISC 1 - PARADES:

1. Show Me America (1970 - 1972)
2. America on Parade (1975 - 1976)
3. Flights of Fantasy (1983 - 1985)
4. The Wonderful Disneyland Parade (1985 - 1986)
5. Totally Minnie (1986 - 1987)
6. Snow White and the Seven Dawf's 50th Anniversery (1987 - 1988)
7. Circus on Parade (1988 - 1989
8. Blast to the Past (1989)
9. Horray for Disneywood (1989 - 1990)
10. Party Gras (1990 - 1991)
11. Celebration U.S.A. (1991 - 1992)
12. The World According to Goofy (1992 - 1993)
13. Aladdin's Royal Caravan (1993 - 1994)
14. The Lion King Celebration (1994 - 1997)
15. Hercules Victory Parade (1997 - 2000)
16. Parade of Stars (2000 - present)
17. Main Street Electrical Parade (1972 - 1996)
18. Light Magic (1997 - 1998)
19. The Mulan Parade (1998 - 2000)
20. Fantasy in the Sky (1959 - 2000)
21. Beleive .... There's Magic in the Stars
(2000 - present)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISC 2 - SHOWS:

1. Disneyland is You're Land (1980 & 1985)
2. Sing'in' Dance'in' Heigh - Ho (1987 - 1988)
3. Circuspolis (1988 - 1989)
4. ShowBiz is (1989)
5. One Man's Dream (1989 - 1990)
6. Dick Tracy starring in Diamond Double Cross
(1990 - 1991)
7. Plane Crazy (1991)
8. Beauty and the Beast Live! (1992 - 1995)
9. Aladdin's Oasis (1993 - 1995)
10. The Spirit of Pocahotnas (1995 - 1997)
11. Festival of Fools (1996 - 1998)
12. Disney's Animazment - The Musical (1998 - 2001)
13. Woody's Round - Up (1999 - 2000)
14. Calling All Space Scouts (2001 - present)

Here is the music for Beauty and the Beast Live!. The Show was from April 1992 - April 1995. The show was at Videopolis.
"Beauty and the Beast Live!"
1. Proluge
2. Belle
3. Proposal/Belle (reprise)
4. Diner Plans
5. Be Our Guest
6. Something There
7. The Mob Song
8. Transformation/Beauty and the Beast
9. Bows (Be Our Guest)
10. Exit Music (Beauty and the Beast - Duet with Celine Deion)

Scott

Re: the song per year...it is funny to go back and look at the 40th anniversary cards and see what they had to resort to for some of those "nothing going on" years...when the highlight is "Matterhorn Enhancements" or the like, you know you're in trouble. :)

For 1985, though--State Fair was still going on then, right? They could pull out some music from that.

There have to be some other obscure shows/parades from the 70s they could use for some of the other years--I just don't remember that far back.

tikitronic

Hi - this post seems potentially related, so I'll try asking here -

I was reading miceage.com , and at the end of a recent article Al Lutz says :

"And for all of you who wrote in asking about the 12 CD Disneyland 50th Retrospective - just ask around online about it. You'll get steered in the right direction if you let folks know you're looking. As someone who used to be in the music biz it's a bit difficult for me to give out directions, if you know what I mean. ;)"

Does anyone here know about this?
And if so, can you steer me in the right direction?

Fingers officially crossed :)

Hi - this post seems potentially related, so I'll try asking here -

I was reading miceage.com , and at the end of a recent article Al Lutz says :

"And for all of you who wrote in asking about the 12 CD Disneyland 50th Retrospective - just ask around online about it. You'll get steered in the right direction if you let folks know you're looking. As someone who used to be in the music biz it's a bit difficult for me to give out directions, if you know what I mean. ;)"

Does anyone here know about this?
And if so, can you steer me in the right direction?

Fingers officially crossed :)

This is an unofficial CD collection made by a regular on alt.binaries.multimedia.disney You will need a newsreader (Not Outlook Express!) and access to newsgroups (see your ISP) to download this collection. Some of the material also plays on Visions Fantastic Radio (my radio station, go to www.visionsfantastic.com for a link).

- Chris Lang

DizneyGuy1982

if this were true, id literally die of excitement! you know how much music the park has produced over the years it's amazing that just the music itself could be over 50 years old. But i really like the idea of shows and parades from the past, one of my best memories has been seeing a show or parade for the first time then when its time to end saying " do you remember seeing that show or parade"?. I would include all the anniversary songs from Disneyland 10,25,30,35,40,45, and the new 50th anniversary song which can be heard May 5th 10am in front of sleeping beauty castle! They will be announcing the plans for the 50th anniversary and, my friend is is a cast member who's singing the new theme song for the 50th. I will get a chance to listen to it on May 4th. (he's getting a demo cd)!. The solgan for the anniversary has been confirmed "the happiest homecoming on earth". It will be the biggest and brightest celebration yet!. You guys will not believe what disney has in store for the 50th you will be blown away i promise!. i know the guy that's working on the 50th and all i can say is you guys will probably be at the park almost evrey day!.

........not to nit-pick, but someone left out "The American Gazette Parade"......I think this was around 1987-88? Anyway, the slogan was "The American Gazette Parade ---Disneyland Salutes the American Hero" as the 20th century "rolled by" a large newspaper float herald headlines of the decade and bands and performers dressed in the styles and fads of the period came by....some pushed giant portraits of heros of the day IE Charles Lindberg in the 1920's.........each decade also featured costumed newsboys handing out souvenir "newspapers" of the parade featuring an overview of each decade........Mine was given to me by a cigar smoking (it wasn't lit) suffergete and she shook my hand as she asked us to give women the vote!

I miss the days of the many parades as opposed to the same parade running 5 years........LOL.

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 Spaceliner

X-S Tech

Once again, everyones favorite Spaceliner comes up with the most obscure Disney reference imaginable. Good job!!