Disneyland 50th Theme at Rose Parade?

Shawn

Just wondering if anyone caught the Rose Parade this morning and heard the Disney song that played with the opening float. Is this a DL 50th tune???

BTW I also LOVED the new 50th commercial that premiered durring the parade.

X-S Tech

They also played this song a few times at DL during the New Years Eve. I think this is more of the Company wide 50th song, not necessarily DL. That's not to say they won't use it. But I'm under the impression that WDW and the various other parks will also. Nice song actually.

Hi.
The new Animal Kingdom DVD starts off with a "company" 50th logo and jingle. It's about 5 or ten seconds, but it has that gold castle in the mickey head thing, and a ribbon beneath it that says "Happiest Homecoming on Earth."

Just thought I'd mention it, don't know if it's a clue, or significant.

BellhopGuy1939

I agree that "Welcome" from Brother Bear is a great song but I'm going to go with X-S Tech on this one that the song is a Company song and not the DL 50th song. But who knows - after all this is the same song they played when they did the 50th Announcement at DL last May. I would hope that DL would get an original song for the 50th.

X-S Tech

HA!!!

I totally forgot that this was from Brother Bear. Makes me really hope it's not for DL than- they do need something original.

WishesFan

Hey guys! Anyone know if there's a video online of the rose parade when they played the company theme song? Was it, "Who Knows Where A Dream Might Lead"? I agree that DL needs an original 50th Anniversary theme song. I only hope it's as good as "Remember the Magic!" Thanks!

-Rick

Dirk

OT: Animal Kingdom DVD

...The new Animal Kingdom DVD...

Sorry to go off topic ... but: is there a new Animal Kingdom DVD? Could you share more information on that one? This would be the second WDW-park which currently has its own DVD (the other one being the Magic Kingdom) or did I miss more DVD releases??

Thanks in advance,

Yours
Dirk

Yes this is the song for the 50th Anniversary.
I was in the Disneyland Choir on the Rose parade float. They chose this song because of the meaning of Family and togetherness and it fits well with the anniversary theme. The song will be incorporated into the parade with a mixture of disney songs but; this is the main theme for the anniversary. It's a great song that will fit well.

"WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY TIME"
WELCOME TO OUR BROTHERLY TIME
THIS IS OUR FESTIVAL
YOU KNOW AND BEST OF ALL
WERE HERE TO SHARE IT ALL!

ivandisneycast

I seem to remember a link here about a year back that was to a website of a composer who produced a 50th anniversary song. I had the link somewhere. I have no idea where it is now.

Dr. Know

That link was to the website of an aspiring composer who had put together, as a demo, an unofficial 50th anniversary piece. I don't seem to have the link, but I believe that the site doesn't exist any longer.