Disneyland 50th Cd set revealed!!!!!!!!!!!kinda...

I have great news guys! its the news that you guys have been waiting for and here it is: This information came from the Disneyland Line this week (Disneyland Line is a publication for the cast members sorta like a newspaper) but this is what the information said...
Walt Disney records is celebrating the 50th Anniversary with a new cd set titled "Disneyland..A Legacy in Song" From producer Randy Thorntan this 6 cd set will include music from parades, attractions, shows and comercials from the past five decades. This will be the most elaborate set Walt Disney records has ever released! This cd set sounds so exciting i just can't wait to own it! i do know the release date (just so it can be a surprise) but it will be close to the 5th!. Also they were showing the floats from "Walt Disneys Parade of Dreams and show director "john Addis" said each units will have their own music corresponding to that film! and when the floats stop for the "show stop" we will feature the song "Welcome" written by Phil Collins!. The floats are absolutely stunning i just know this parade is going to be a hit!. Well there you go there is a little bit of info that i thought i could share with you guys.

Gurgitoy2

Well, that's interesting news.

I did not know that parades, shows, and commercials were going to be included at all. The only thing that worries me about this, is that there won't be enough space on 6 discs for everything. I really do hope we are still getting a ride through or soundtrack for EVERY attraction that had audio, as was mentioned early on about the set.

Another thing, is that I really don't llike that title. "Disneyland, a Legacy in Song" sounds too much like the 3 CD boxed set released in the early '90's called "The Music of Disney, a Legacy in Song". I liked the title Randy mentioned a while ago "Disneyland A Musical History Tour" or something like that.

Oh well, I'm still very excited about this set, and I'm sure we'll all go into a feeding frenzy when the track listing is made available.

Re:Disneyland 50th Cd set revealed!!!Incorrectly!!

Just wanted to let you know that the information reportedly printed in ?Disneyland Line? is not accurate. Unfortunately, no one from the publication contacted me or anyone else from Walt Disney Records. The only two true statements in that info is that the set is produced by Randy Thornton, and that it is the largest and most elaborate boxed set Walt Disney Records has ever released, all the other information is incorrect. The boxed set is NOT ?Disneyland: A Legacy In Song? ? where they got that title is a complete mystery! The actual title is ?A Musical History of Disneyland?.

Randy Thornton

Gurgitoy2

Thank you, thank you, for clearing that up, Randy. It is kind of a shame that a Cast Member newsletter can't get the facts straight. How can you expect your cast to know what the heck is actually going on when you're feeding them incorrect information? They really should have checked with Randy or WDR to get the up-to-date scoop instead of getting CM's all worked up over something that is not correct. I really do have to wonder where they actually DID get their information though...

Anway, it's nice to see that the title is not "Legacy in Song"; I like "A Musical Tour of Disneyland" so much better. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the average consumer would understand what the set is all about by that title; it's descriptive.

Gurgitoy2

Hey, Randy, a quick question...

" it is the largest and most elaborate boxed set Walt Disney Records has ever released"

Now, would that include all international boxed sets as well? Japan has had some pretty elaborate ones. If you think it will top any of the Japanese boxed sets, then I'm more excited than ever about this set!!!

Not to take anything away from my friends in Japan and the work they did on the "Treasures of Fantasy" sets, but a lot of that content were separate CDs compiled in one box. Most, if not all, of those discs are available separately and the set was not conceived as one big 'thing'. ?A Musical History of Disneyland? was designed from the beginning as one grand listening experience. YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! I?ve designed this set to be a day at Disneyland that you get to take home in a box. It?s one big concept album! ? a Disneyland version of Pink Floyd?s ?The Wall? that?s over 7 and a half hours long!

In a few weeks, I?ll post all of the details.

Randy Thornton

Dr. Know

Not to take anything away from my friends in Japan and the work they did on the "Treasures of Fantasy" sets, but a lot of that content were separate CDs compiled in one box. Most, if not all, of those discs are available separately and the set was not conceived as one big 'thing'. ?A Musical Tour of Disneyland? was designed from the beginning as one grand listening experience. YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! I?ve designed this set to be a day at Disneyland that you get to take home in a box. It?s one big concept album! ? a Disneyland version of Pink Floyd?s ?The Wall? that?s over 7 and a half hours long!

In a few weeks, I?ll post all of the details.

Randy Thornton

And we will all be waiting here on the edges of our seats. Thanks for keeping us informed, Randy. Suffice it to say, I am beside myself with excitement at your description.

Jim

"......a pleasant time is guaranteed for all!"

Thanks, Randy, for your continuing series of "tantalizing tidbits" regarding the upcoming release!

Your previous "75 Years" 3-CD collection was not a only a meticulously selected compilation of music, but for me, it was a primary reintroduction to the wonders of what we now refer to as "Disney music". I grew up with some of it, but much of it I missed, during my "adult years"(glad I gave that up). It served as a wonderful "springboard", head first, back into "Walt's music," and my family and I have had a very special time exploring all of it since. Just as an example, it was actually the first place I heard Chevalier sing, ".....a hurricane comes your way, enjoy the breeze!"--it since has become one of my many anthems, and very appropriate today with a winter storm raging this morning here in Maine. Your set also opened my eyes to a couple of guys who seemed to have written alot of the songs on the CD's--a signed print of Robert Sherman's painting artistry now proudly hangs in our home.

Not being someone who downloads music from the internet, I'm sure your Disneyland collection will bring me, once again, to some new territory, to some legenday attractions that I may have only heard or read about. It's even possible that I may have even visited some of them during my "big" two days in Disneyland, once in 1967 and once again in 1976, and that this will be a long-awaited return. And what better way to conduct a visit, even better than pictures, than through music.

I guess I might as well thank you in advance for your efforts--it should be a most memorable tour.

Michael

Eddie Valiant

?A Musical Tour of Disneyland? was designed from the beginning as one grand listening experience. YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! I?ve designed this set to be a day at Disneyland that you get to take home in a box. It?s one big concept album! ? a Disneyland version of Pink Floyd?s ?The Wall? that?s over 7 and a half hours long!

Oh, that just absolutely rocks! Is this going to be available on May 5th when the festivities kick off or will there be any delay?

Thanks,
Eddie V.

BellhopGuy1939

Randy -
I cannot wait to hear all of the details about the upcoming releases for the 50th. Perhaps you can clear up some rumors about the various releases. I understand that there will be a bonus disc available with the 6 disc set only available at Disneyland. Also there seems to be rumors of a Disneyland Resort 2 disc set coming out as well. And last but not least that Leann Rimes 50th anthem song will only be available on the national 1 disc release. If you can shed some light on these rumors - that would be wonderful.

BellhopGuy1939 ?

Those rumors are correct. The 'Bonus Disc' that will only be available at Disneyland is the vinyl. If you have not heard, the vinyl is a reproduction of the original "Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland" album (Walt Disney Records first album and the first 'official album'). Reproduced down to the last detail ? complete with gate-fold cover, this album will be exclusive to Disneyland and the vinyl record itself is pressed in GOLD vinyl.

Here are the stats ?

6 Disc Set "A Musical History of Disneyland" with Vinyl ? Disneyland Exclusive AVAILABLE 5/3/05

6 Disc Set "A Musical History of Disneyland" ? National Release AVAILABLE 11/05

2 Disc "Disneyland Resort" Album ? Disneyland Exclusive AVAILABLE 5/3/05

1 Disc "Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Official Album" ? National Release AVAILABLE 5/3/05

The Leann Rimes track "Remember When" will only be available on the 1 Disc "Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Official Album". This is because we are limited to one release. This may seem strange to most of you, but it is common practice. Record labels often do this to protect their artists from being over exploited. So, being limited to one release, we felt it was best for the song to be on the National 1 Disc ? to make it more available for people Nationwide as opposed to an elaborate 6 Disney Set or a 2 Disc set that is only available at Disneyland.

Hope that clears it up!

Randy Thornton

s8ntmark

Ooo, A Musical History of Disneyland.

Cool title :D

BellhopGuy1939

Randy -
Thank you for answering all of my questions. Now the only thing remaining is to see that tracklisting. I know that you will have some amazing surprises for us. And it looks like I will be purchasing the 6 disc plus vinyl, the resort 2 disc and the national 1 disc.
Thank you for continuing to deliver such high quality products for all of us fans out there.

Boy, that's a lot of Disneyland albums that are coming our way!

BTW, Randy Thornton, do you happen to know when the 2-disc Walt Disney World CD is going to be released?

P.S.: I hope that a CD boxed set featuring past and present WDW attraction soundtracks will be made for WDW's 50th anniversary in 2021!:)

With the exclusivity of the discs to Disneyland, you know thier mail order is going to be bogged down with requests. Does anyone know if there will be a preorder process for these discs? I am guessing no, but just wanted to toss it out there in case anyone had heard anything.

Dr. Know

I'm excited to hear that there will also be a 2-disc Disneyland resort cd set. I assume this will take the place of the previous Official Albums for both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.

Randy, do you know if the disney stores will get 6 cd disneyland set w/vinyl or or just 6 cd set? i have friends visiting disneyland the week of 5th....so im trying to cover my bases :) i want that set!

ivandisneycast

I highly doubt Disney Stores would get the 6 CD set. TDS would only get it later in the year if they get it at all (the national release). Disney Store has not had a large CD set in years.

jerm

Do we have to buy it all? I mean is it going to be you buy the big one and it takes care of everything, or will each have special tracks taht the 6 disc wont have on it?

Between the cd's and books I may have to give up pins...THANK YOU RANDY!!!!!!

J