Disney Sound Clip Formal Apology (To Sharon, XS-Tech, and Dizney)

WishesFan

Dear Disney Music Fans,

Well my goodness! For the record, I have ordered the Ragtime CD from Amazon.com. I know good and well that any sort of file sharing is wrong! I was only trying to speed-up this project to see how quick I could get it to Bruce Healey. I have felt so guilty all day about posting my clip request and I am sorry I even brought it up! Please understand that I never meant to hurt anybody or reap anybody?s benefit. I mentioned in a former post that I tried ordering it from the library, but it has been three weeks and still no response. Then when I ordered it from Amazon yesterday, it said it would arrive in 7 to 10 business days and this project is supposed to be in Bruce?s office in a week from this coming Saturday! (You can see why I am so excited!) Please understand that I was NOT trying to be a hypocrite, I am just anxious! Soooooo sorry to anybody I offended. Please try to understand.

Sincerely,
Rick

PS: Dear Sharon ?Dizney?, and ?X-S Tech.?,
Thanks for calling me on my request. I know that you are trying to protect me, I never meant to be phony or a hypocrite. Please understand this! (Can we please be friends again?) : )

PPS: Sharon,
I know that everybody doesn?t share music and I am sorry that I even implied it. To be perfectly and totally honest, the only two songs I have ever received from file sharing were ?Fantasy in the Sky- Remember the Magic Finale? (which was NEVER released on any album what-so-ever. As you may recall, I searched for 8 years for that recording and someone was kind enough to put my musical mind at ease and send it to me) and ?Wishes? from the pree-press-realease (As you probably know, I couldn?t wait to hear a recording, hence my user name- and by the way, my Wishes CD should also be arriving from Disney Records in 7-10 days! I am so excited!) I never meant to upset or offend you. Thanks to you, I knew exactly where to buy the Ragtime CD. Please accept this as my apology. Thanks and have a great day! -Rick

ToTnut

Hey Rick,

I just read your post about the Disney sound clips. If it?s any consolation, I can understand your situation. If those guys you mentioned don?t forgive you after that thread then they don?t have a heart. Trust me- they understand. A little off the subject, but how in the WORLD did you get to meet Bruce Healey and how did you get him to agree to help you with your music? (Not that I doubt your talent at all, trust me, I have followed your fan cites.) It?s just so nice to see a young new comer bring their fresh ideas to a slowly-decaying company. Please keep me posted on your progress.

-ToTnut

hey, does anybody know when cast previews start for the DCA Tower of Terror?

WishesFan

Dear ToTnut,

Thanks again for your kind words! I?m glad to know that somebody understands.

You have followed my FAN cites? As far as I knew, you were my only fan! What cites are you referring to? I knew a couple guys from down at Warner Bros. had posted some stuff on me but I requested they hide my current projects. Please let me know so I can look into it. In fact, please just send me an e-mail at thatdisneysound@yahoo.com. Thanks!

As for Bruce, I met him on my showchoir trip to LA. The lady that ran our Disney Showchoir workshop was one of his personal assistants and after listening to some of my work, told me that she would personally give my work to Bruce. She said that Disney is looking for some certain types of songs and what I have is just what they are looking for! This is why I need the interview with Walt from the CD. During the finale in my piece, there is a music break before the big finish where I need a 20 sec. clip of him speaking. I tried looking everywhere for a clip. The project has actually been completed and ready to send off for three weeks now- it?s just missing that 20 sec. clip! This is why I have been so anxious.

If it all works out, I may become the youngest Disney composer ever. Let?s pray! Thanks again for your support!

Sincerely,
Rick

WishesFan

Thanks Sharon! Even though I don't know you, I can't tell you how good it is to hear that. By the way, what does Walt talk about in his interview on the Ragtime CD? Even though I can't make my final edit yet, I can still plan ahead. Thanks soooo much!

Sincerely,
Rick

X-S Tech

Don't worry about it. After all everybody downloads ;D

Just kidding about that last part. I kinda took my growing frustration with the hypocricy of this issue, out on you.

WishesFan

If your not going to listen to the whole thing then why did you even buy it in the first place?

SharonKurland

To have it . I've got close to 600 other Disney CDs in the same boat. Have listened to roughly 200 of them. Of those, I've probably listened to less than 50 more than once.

-Sharon-

Gurgitoy2

I'm catching up to you, Sharon! I've got 453 right now, and still growing! I do have to listen to every single one at least once though. I don't buy them if I don't plan on listening to them, but that's just me. Some I've only listened to the one time, and others are on constant rotation.

Gurgitoy2

Ok, Bill, you might have me there...but I ONLY do that with theme park stuff. I don't buy regular CD's if they have the same tracks I already have.

X-S Tech

Actually there is something wrong with buying a CD that only contains tracks you already own. It perpetuates Disney's belief that they can keep recycling the same old stuff instead of releasing never before released tracks. Just my opinion.