Cottonwood Creek [DLRP]

DavidG

[Split from [topic=4285]Big Thunder Mountain Railroad[/topic] by Admin]

Do you know anything about the Cowboy Cookout Restaurant? I have 20 tracks that were supposedly used in this location, similar in style to the Big Thunder Mountain music. [That's right SeaCastle, more BTM sounding music!] :wub:
Cowboy Cookout has the general Cottonwood Creek area music loop, which uses tracks from the WDW Frontierland loop (c.v. the previous thread about that one) as well as similar tracks (with a regular drum set) from another source which I've never heard elsewhere. Those 20 tracks should be the full loop, while mine is missing track no. 19. Go figure...

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
I've been reading this thread with some interest. I was able to confirm a number of loops from DLRP in May - see Eyore's blog for more info - however I was only able to grab an 11 min reference recording from Cowboy Cookout that included:

• Driftin' Along With The Tumblin' Tumbleweed (partial)
  • Unknown Track
  • I Saw the Light
  • My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean (partial)

I'm going back in a few weeks time with a view to capturing the Cowboy Cookout loop to confirm order, running time etc - I'll pass on to Eyore so that there is one definitive reference. Any help on listing the other tracks for this loop would be greatly appreciated - only so I know the track names for ID purposes.

DavidG

Here's the rough Cottonwood Creek tracklist I've created a couple of years back...

1. ?
2. Old Joseph - Arrangement 1
3. Tumblin' Tumbleweeds
4. ?
5. ?
6. My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean
7. ?
8. ?
9. Streets of Laredo
10. ?
11. ?
12. Cool Water
13. Old Man Tucker
14. Old Joseph - Arrangement 2
15. ?
16. ?
17. My Darling Clementine
18. ?
19. ?
20. Shenandoah

So, track 5 would be "I Saw the Light."

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Now that's interesting.
I've been playing "spot the WDW loop" for a while now at DLRP. :itunes:
I've never captured much of the BBQ/Cottonwood Creek audio and, wouldn't you know it, during my four days there this year (when I intended to get it)...........silence for most of the time I passed the area. There were several loops I intended to capture this year that were just not playing or were sporadic (including - bar the first day when I got some, the Railroad). Amazing what a boring journey it is with great chunks of the audio missing - including the station announcements!
Couldn't find the reason for it though. Maybe just the CMs forgetting to switch the volume back up. It was quite busy in the park.
Here's hoping that needmagic has a successful time.
He (along with wedroy1923) has contributed greatly to the listings in my blog.

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Many thanks for the reply ... every little helps. Fingers crossed for September to confirm this loop.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
We noticed another partial listing for Cottonwood Creek on the Internet which has a few differences to that posted here.
A partial "listing" came up in a Google search which agrees in part but, as we don't yet have the live recording, maybe the list can help jog a memory).
We do our own research and wouldn't use either source but it's handy to have a guide to work from.
When we have a live recording and have checked and confirmed the tracks etc, it'll be posted in my blog here, but not before.
In particular, the bluegrass tune Old Joseph appears as track 2 (between the first track and Tumblin Tumbleweed) in DavidG's list but not here.
One of the reasons for the blog, of course. To try and get an accurate listing.

01 - n/k
02 - Driftin' Along With The Tumblin' Tumbleweed
03 - n/k
04 - I Saw the Light
05 - My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean.
06 - n/k
08 - n/k
09 - Wild Rover
10 - n/k
11 - n/k
12 - Cool Water
13 - n/k
14 - n/k
15 - n/k
16 - Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
17 - My Darling Clementine
18 - n/k
19 - n/k
20 - Shenandoah

Anyone have anything that could back this up?

DavidG

After listening to the loop again, I can confirm "I Saw the Light" as track 5 and "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" as track 16. The person who compiled that second list, however, not only removed track 2 and added it back in after track 5, but also mistook "Streets of Laredo" for "Wild Rover" which is definitely not part of the loop.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Many thanks.
I had a feeling that your listing was the right one.
Hopefully we'll be able to fill in the gaps if needmagic manages a live recording in September.
We've only got partial live recordings (and the ones from the WDW loop, of course) and they are already named.