Commercially Available Parks Music

member35

I don't necessarily have a preference for digital or physical media, but the easiest way for me to see if something is available is a digital search (iTunes, amazon). I've found recently that some of the great new additions to theme park music is a bit hidden. Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Magic Happens Parade, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, DJ Rex Olga's Cantina Playlist, It's A Good Time (Mickey's 90th Fireworks single) and Pandora: The World of Avatar are all examples of albums that I either heard from someone (or in this forum) or found by accident. Thoughts about the marketing of these to enthusiasts? If I do a search for Disney or Disneyland or Disney World, none of these come up because they're categorized or tagged by the artist or composer in most cases. Also only 2 of the 6 above mentioned titles are available on Disney Music's own website. Why are things so hard to find? Are there avenues you use to find newly released music?

Paul

Thank you for posting. I was not aware of the "It's a Good Time" track. It is from the WDW MK daytime street show. It is too bad you cannot search under the park names.

Not on your list (and a bit older) is:

Bill Cantos - The Circle Sessions (Piano Performances) [different from the CD release]
Larry the Cable Guy & Tony Shalhoub - Season's Speedings from Cars Land [DCA]
Larry the Cable Guy & Tony Shalhoub - Happy Haul-O-Ween from Cars Land [DCA]
Eric Whitacre Virtual Choir - Glow (From _World of Color Winter Dreams)
Jordan Fisher & Angie Keilhauer - Happily Ever After (Full Version)
Tim Davis & Sophia Pizzulo - Golden Dream (From _the American Adventure) [latest version]
Tyler Bates - Guardians of the Galaxy Monsters After Dark [DCA]
Walt Disney Mi Si Delta Pi Players - Party Up! (From _Move It! Shake It! Dance It! and Play It! [MK Street show]
Winter Wonderland (Osborne Lights)

any others?

member35

Wow, I have the Circle Sessions, but everything else is new to me. Pretty frustrating that you have to dig to find some things. I'd rather buy commercially than download from torrents, but I'd never know this stuff was available. Meanwhile, the Disney Music Emporium has the Jo Jo Rabbit OST. How about some of the stuff from the above list? Haha.

member35

Just revisiting. I notice the theme from Mickey's Runnaway Railway is pretty disappointing as a cost/value. The track is only about a minute. With all the hype over this new earworm song that they no doubt created tons of music for throughout the entire attraction, a full mix would have been welcomed, even at a higher price. I did see a "Disney Insider" episode on Disney+ where Kevin Raferty records a "welcome speech" for the audio engineer who described working on a "ride-through mix." Keeping my fingers crossed that WDW's 50th anniversary has some fun in store for us.

eabiggins

member35

Dang, and another one (also on Apple Music/Spotify):
Great stuff. Do you just periodically search for park names to see what's newly released? Frustrating that releases like these aren't promoted by Disney, unless I'm not looking in the right places.

eabiggins

Great stuff. Do you just periodically search for park names to see what's newly released? Frustrating that releases like these aren't promoted by Disney, unless I'm not looking in the right places.
That's pretty much it. Even then it's not always easy.

91J

I love to know when new stuff is released, obviously I can't always know if something is uploaded, but I do daily search for a select few attractions on YouTube and sort by newest. (Not that this matters, but) I'm usually among the first to see when new stuff is uploaded, like Splash Mountain queue music WDW recently or the Living with the Land guitar music. It's usually a waste of time but at least you know you're not missing anything. I usually search for Splash, Space, Lwtl, and MMRR. Sometimes ToT.

Just something I do.

eabiggins

I love to know when new stuff is released, obviously I can't always know if something is uploaded, but I do daily search for a select few attractions on YouTube and sort by newest. (Not that this matters, but) I'm usually among the first to see when new stuff is uploaded, like Splash Mountain queue music WDW recently or the Living with the Land guitar music. It's usually a waste of time but at least you know you're not missing anything. I usually search for Splash, Space, Lwtl, and MMRR. Sometimes ToT.

Just something I do.
Those things are in YouTube videos, though, right? Not commercially available as in you can buy the tracks on iTunes or Amazon? Because I would totally pay for those. Especially that guitar music.

91J

Those things are in YouTube videos, though, right? Not commercially available as in you can buy the tracks on iTunes or Amazon? Because I would totally pay for those. Especially that guitar music.
That's correct - it never even occurs to me to check iTunes or amazon because chances are, if it's on there, it's on YouTube.

member35

Wow, amazing! Been looking for these since I saw the live stream. Harmonious is the most beautifully-produced park soundtrack I've heard in a long time. And while I should be happy that it's out and I don't have to continue listening to my copy from youtube with fireworks sounds in it, I'm irritated that this is so under the radar. It's an album called Harmonious by various artists. Again, you have to be a super sleuth to find this stuff. Disney itself is not promoting it. Disneymusicemporium should be the all-inclusive mega site to find all this park stuff, but they're busy with the Ford vs. Ferrari vinyl. Okay, end rant. Thank you so much eabiggins for passing all these along!! I"m gonna get busy listening. Now, just waiting for a WDW 50th set like DL got. Haha, too much to ask?

91J

member35

Another short one coming this Friday is music from Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. I've recently been pointed to the Disney Music Licensing site: (Music from Remy's Ratatouille Adventure performed by Michael Giacchino - Disney Music Licensing) which shows upcoming releases (which I found by following a couple of different accounts on Twitter.)
The Harmonious soundtrack was also announced on the Walt Disney Imagineering Instagram page.
Great resource. Thank you!

Reactions: 91J

RobertKilbride

Another short one coming this Friday is music from Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. I've recently been pointed to the Disney Music Licensing site: (Music from Remy's Ratatouille Adventure performed by Michael Giacchino - Disney Music Licensing) which shows upcoming releases (which I found by following a couple of different accounts on Twitter.)
The Harmonious soundtrack was also announced on the Walt Disney Imagineering Instagram page.
Just listened to the two tracks on YouTube and what amazing arrangement. Giacchino doesn't disappoint! Hopefully I can get them on cd some day. Could happen if the ride is ever brought to Tokyo Disneyland.