Celebrate The Magic Review - Music and Lyrics by Rick McKee

Hello everyone,

I have been following this discussion closely and I am very excited to attend this convention. I am even more excited because my best friend and fellow Disney Music Discussioner Rick McKee or ?wishesfan? was asked and has written the theme song for the convention entitled "Celebrate the Magic." I have had the awesome pleasure of being able to listen to this composition and I can tell you all that it has exceeded my expectations. I have known Rick for a long time and even written some songs with him but I have never heard something of this caliber. You all will not be disappointed. I am now going to attempt to review the piece so here it goes.

?Celebrate the Magic? consists of 3 different movements.

The first movement is entitled, "The Magic Lives On." This movement is more of a ballad or lullaby song. It uses lots of stings, flutes and oboe. It is very warm sounding using lots of major chords. It is very beautiful especially Michelle?s voice. It could definitely put me to sleep. I like to put this track on repeat. I have posted the lyrics to each song respectively.

?The Magic Lives On? ? Music and Lyrics by Rick McKee

Michelle Amato:
Do you remember the feeling?
Go back to a time
Back to a place
Dreaming the dream of a song made of magic
The music of fantasy

David Wise:
Open your eyes and you will find
Magical Memories inside
Make a wish and fall into a world
Where wishes and dreams come true

Together:
And forevermore the magic lives on

The next movement is the main theme of the piece ?Celebrate the Magic.? This is a great fun song! It is very upbeat using more of a techno TDL style. It makes you want to get up and dance. The song has lots of drums and synthesized percussion. It uses brass, chimes, bass, and of course amazing vocals and ad-libbing by Michelle and David. This song definitely ends with a bang.

?Celebrate the Magic? ? Music and Lyrics by Rick McKee

Celebrate the magic
Come celebrate the magic
The memories that live inside you
Come celebrate the magic
And let your spirit soar

Magical Memories inside
That Disney feeling never has to end

Start the celebration
Feel the jubilation
It?s time to celebrate the magic

Dance Break

Ahhh
Magical Memories inside
That Disney feeling never has to end
Oh no it never ends

Start the celebration (Echo)
Feel the jubilation (Echo)
It?s time to celebrate
Celebrate the magic
Celebrate the magic

The magical memories of Disney

The last movement is entitled ?Celebrate the Magic Finale.? It is the icing on the cake. It is short, yet very, very, Disney!! This has to be my favorite section because it gives you those warm Disney fuzzies and also the biggest chills you will ever get when listening to endings. The ending on this one tops most if not all Disney endings I have ever heard. Michelle goes up to a high D at the end it is inhuman. I wish I could describe it to you.

?Celebrate the Magic Finale? ? Music and Lyrics by Rick McKee

Walt Disney:
To all who come to this happy place ? welcome.
Here aged relives fond memories of the past
And here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future?
With the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

Magical Memories inside
It?s time to celebrate

The Magic

Musical Interlude

Celebrate the Magic!

The total run time of ?Celebrate the Magic? is 4:52. It is 4:52 of pure Disney music magic. I wish I could have described it in such a way as to do it justice but talking about music can never do it justice. You all will have to hear it.

Luckily for you all Rick is going to premiere it at his composition forum ?Project 21.? I might just have to bring my video camera and get a live recording of it. I?ll keep you posted as to when I get it up online, but until then best of wishes to you all. I?ll see you in November at the Disney Music Convention!!!!

WishesFan

Oh, thanks for the review, KY! Posting a live recording would be just fine with me. I've been trying to think of a way to let everyone hear it without posting a source recording and this sounds like a great temporary solution!

I put all my heart and soul in this piece and it's just so hard to find someone who truly appreciates its essence and the love that goes into it. That's why I'm so excited for you all to hear it!

Thanks for listening and have a great day!!!
-Rick

WishesFan

Hi, everyone!

Well, the piece I wrote for the Disney Music Convention 2006, ?Celebrate The Magic?, premiered last night as the finale of our spring composition concert here at Oklahoma City University.? I played the audio recording over the theater?s incredible sound system and the music was accompanied by eight of our AMAZING dancers; my ?Kids of the Kingdom? if you will.? I truly could not be happier with the performance.? I really was the happiest composer on earth last night!? I can?t tell you all how much I wish you could have been there!!!

Here is a link to some pictures of the performance I imported from the video footage my mom and dad took. Also, many people have ask about how they can get or hear a recording of this piece. As of now, I'm not able to share the source recording and I am sorry--BUT I?d like to post the live audio from the performance so you can hear it depending on how many of you are interested (It's a REALLY good live recording).? You sure will recognize the singers!!!

Here?s the link to some pictures from the performance:
http://www.geocities.com/thatdisneysound/ctmpix.html

Have a WONDERFUL day!
-Rick

PS:? I just want to say thank you for all your kind e-mails and comments over the past year.? I really can?t tell you how much your encouragement means to me.? Thank you all so much!!!

dkrfla

I would certainly like to hear a live recording of it. I think I heard it a long time ago somewhere and really liked it.

Dusty

ToTnut

Love the pix Rick...wish I could have been there! Please please please post a recording. I dont think I can make it to the convention but I would really like to hear your song. I don?t think any of us care if its live or a real recording as long as we can hear it.

dkrfla- where and when did you hear this song before? I thought it was new. Rick- did you post some samples a while back? I?d love to hear anything you?re willing to share.

The composition is in fact brand new never been done before. I hope this clarifies things a bit.

If you haven't been to the link Rick posted you all should. It's pictures from the performace of the premire of the song "Celebrate The Magic." It's pretty neat.

Have a great day everyone.

Ky

WishesFan

Thanks KY!

Yes, the song is new. Dusty, you're probably thinking of "Remember the Magic" or "Feel the Magic". A lot of the Disney titles are very similar so it's very easy to get them confused.

Tad (ToTnut): No, I never posted any samples of the piece online. HOWEVER, I arranged a very short version for an online commercial for the convention. It should be on Visions Fantastic within the next week. The promo version barely mimics the actual piece, but it will be source audio (slightly lower bit rate) and is still performed by Michelle Amato and David Wise. (Same version I used for the bows in the live performance at OCU.) Keep watching VF.com for the convention promo!!

Have a great day,
-Rick

dkrfla

My apologies. I must have been mistaken. Did you do another Disney type song before and have it posted on a website? Cause I swear I remember hearing it and thinking that one day it would be being played at the Disney parks?

Dusty

WishesFan

Hello again!

I should have the video posted by tomorrow night. I can't wait to hear what you all think!!!

Have a great day,
-Rick

PS: I would greatly encourage you to read more information about this piece before watching or listening. Click this link- http://www.geocities.com/thatdisneysound/ctmsong.html to read my descriptions of the three movements. Thanks so much for watching and listening!

ToTnut

I'm so excited to see the movie! I just looked at your site and it's still not up yet :'( please post when we can watch. Thanks Rick.
*Tad

WishesFan

Hi, Tad!

You must have JUST posted because I checked my messages like one second ago and this post wasn't here. (By the way Tad, check your e-mail. I sent you those DCA tower pix!)

The video should be up very soon. My wonderful friend, Joe (creator of the AMAZING TDL/TDS website, www.jtcent.com) is going to host the live audio and video files of the performance for me. As soon as I get the files linked back to my site I'll let you know. (THANKS, JOE!)

Thanks so much for your interest in my piece!
Have a great day,
-Rick

WishesFan

LIVE VIDEO AND AUDIO NOW AVAILABLE!

HELLO EVERYONE!

I?m putting the download link to the live performance on the site right now! I REALLY hope you enjoy it!

I?m sorry to be redundant but it?s just so wonderful to share this kind of music with those who truly appreciate for its essence and style. Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and listen!

Have a wonderful day,
-Rick

Here?s the site-
http://www.geocities.com/thatdisneysound/ctm.html

ToTnut

All I can say is WOW! :eek: :D Absolutely amazing. I knew it would be amazing but I had no idea how amazing. That really could be a show or parade! And the real disney singers....holy cow Rick! I'm so happy for you. I really recommend that everyone check out this song.
Keep up the good work! *Tad

PS: thanks for the pix Rick.

The video is incredible. I loved it Rick!!! I sure wish I could have been there. I can't wait till the convention! Everyone on this discussion board needs to be there to cheer Rick on!!

ToTnut

I was just at visionsfantastic and clicked on the visionsfantastic radio button and started freaking out because celebrate the magic started playing--or-I thought it was. The opening music for their radio page seems to be the background track for the opening of Celebrate The Magic. I was so excited... I thought I was going to hear Michelle and David. I really like the opening. It reminds me of "When you imagine" from the Magic in the streets CD.

Any chance we will ever hear a real recording of this piece at visionsfantastic.com possibly? I'm betting menkinmckeefan has a recording! ;) Thanks for sharing your music with us Rick. Can't wait to hear it in the parks.

ToTnut

Any updates on this? Rick- are you planning on releasing a recording of this piece? I still love the live version but I'd really like to hear a source recording. :)