Playlist BoardWalk Resort [Holiday]

Horizons

Playlist Author
I've been looking forward to recording this loop for the last year. I didn't have my recorder with me last year, but I listened to the full loop on a visit to the Boardwalk and it immediately became one of my favorite Christmas loops on property.

Thanks to Jay for putting the playlist together (mine was missing 13 titles). Over the past few days, I've spent several hours tracking down each individual track, matching them to the recording. Although I'm still waiting for a few CDs to arrive to complete the collection, for those that will be doing the same, I'm attaching a listing of my iTunes library which shows the CDs I pulled my copies from. The list is alphabetical, and, thus, does not follow Jay's list but you should be able to match up the songs fairly easily. I'm waiting for CDs to pull tracks 6-9 in Disc 1, and 14, 25-27 in Disc 2, so these songs are not in the attached list.

[Attachment removed. See completed playlist above. —Admin]

Anyone have any information on the Boardwalk Christmas loop? From what I can find, there are 2 loops used: one in the lobby area indoors and a separate one on the boardwalk. The loop uses a variety of classic stuff by Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, etc. Has anyone done any work on this loop? I'll be down in "the world" later next month and plan to make a reference recording.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Yes, I made a reference recording of the music played in the lobby and in one section outside and Jay was able to complete the playlist (I had about a dozen unknowns when I first attempted the list). It's one of my favorite holiday loops on property.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I noticed that Jay didn't finish listing out the source albums. The last list I have on my computer is about 8 songs short, even though I finished finding all of the source CDs. Let me see if I can find a completed list.

I also retagged all of the tracks for my WDW folder so the artist information is not readily available. But the second attachment shows the play order.

[Attachments removed. See completed playlist above. —Admin]

Horizons

Playlist Author
Do we know anything about the play order? I do remember reading someone's post that the loop may be in shuffle mode.

I haven't listened to it this year yet, but it's not been on shuffle mode in the past, at least where I recorded it. Perhaps there are some areas in the resort where it is played on shuffle but I don't recall everything hearing it that way.

OK, just curious since one of those playlists you posted is in alphabetical order. I was just wondering if that's how it's played since Disney seems to have done this with a few prior loops.

Horizons

Playlist Author
OK, just curious since one of those playlists you posted is in alphabetical order. I was just wondering if that's how it's played since Disney seems to have done this with a few prior loops.

No, that was a capture from songs sitting in an iTunes playlist folder when I was determining the initial playlist. It sorted the contents by track title. The second attachment, which isn't really that helpful, shows the song titles in correct play order.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Reporting live from the BoardWalk....

I checked six songs in the main lobby and the tracks match my prior recording. On the way out, I will listen to a few more to make sure.

More interesting to me is the BoardWalk exterior loop. In past years, there are a set of speakers by JellyRolls that used to play the interior loop. Why, I am not sure, but I used these speakers for my prior reference recording. This year, however, these speakers are playing the same loop heard on the boardwalk. Thus, I will be able to get a reference recording this weekend and complete the playlist for this loop. Getting a good reference recording of the boardwalk loop in the past was tricky, as there was no way to record via induction and there is usually a lot of noise in the area, with low speaker volume.

More to follow at some point.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I went to capture a reference recording this morning but stopped after 30 minutes. It was getting too hot and some of the track selections for the boardwalk loop are strange. For example, how does a chorus version of Jingle Bells or Carol of the Bells fit in with big band music?

I will likely go back some evening between now and the end of the year to make a full capture, assuming I can convince Jay to tag along. :)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
...some of the track selections for the boardwalk loop are strange. For example, how does a chorus version of Jingle Bells or Carol of the Bells fit in with big band music?
You're giving these guys too much credit! You must forgive them, for they know not what they do! Seriously!