Another Carousel of Progress Question

X-S Tech

I read in an old post that the CofP selection that played in the Gallery during the Tomorrowland exhibit was the load music for the DL version of the attraction. Is this correct? I guess I never thought about the load music. Did it play outside the building as well? If this is incorrect was there load music?

The load music is the "Kaleidophonic Opening" track that was available on Disneyland Forever. (Actually, the DLF track was at a much higher quality than what played in the Gallery; they kind of grabbed what they could find when putting together the loop, which resulted not only in subpar quality but also--as DC-88 Spaceliner has pointed out--the inclusion of material from Walt Disney World's PeopleMover!) If I have my facts right, the music played in the first theater as Guests came in and sat down, with some type of light display (linked to the volume/pitch/etc. of the music) going on the screen in front. Dunno if it played outside as well...

-Jason

X-S Tech

No the track in question comes later in the loop right after the Lounge version of Miracles from Molecules and before the Jack Waggoner Peoplemover Narration. It's very slow and peaceful. It very much sounds like it should be entrance music but my first thought was that it came from the Worlds Fair version.

Gurgitoy2

X-S, I'll check for you when I get home and see if I can identify that track for you. I'm not sure, but I think I know which one you mean. I'll compare it to the loop and see.

You're right; my mistake. Somewhere around here I have an e-mail with a few details about the track, but I can't seem to find it. I assume it was the exterior loop, but I don't really know for sure. I defer to the more knowledgeable group members!

-Jason

Gurgitoy2

X-S, Well, I'm listening to the track and it's not what I thought it was. I do have the track listing for the Gallery loop and it calls that track "Carousel of Progress Load Music", so I do think it was used as you entered the theater, but as to whether or not it was used at Disneyland, the New York World's Fair, or both, I can't be sure. Does anybody else out there know?

..........the COP track from the Gallery exhibit was recorded very early on for the final scene for the New York Worl's Fair version.......it was used in a demo version sometimes refered to as "Alternate World".....it was avery differnt format of the show as was finally done..........the music was used as the recording coming from the "new" cassette recorded the family got for christmas........"the family gift" .it used a female vocal of 'Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". At Disneyland is was a theater entry........the speed ramp march played as guests exited the last theater...(this time the stage was gone.....and a "welcome to Progress City sign" greeted guests as they moved up to board the speed ramp.

The Disneyland COP didn't have any exterior music.

DC-88 SPACELINER

Gurgitoy2

Thank you very, very much for that DC-88! I swear you post the most informative stuff, I love it!

Ben C.