2001 Epcot Entrance Loop

X-S Tech

Can anyone give me any composer/arranger/playlist info on the current(2001?) Epcot Entrance Loop? Thanks!

Scott

While we're on the topic of Epcot Entrance Loops, any info on the Millennium version would also be appreciated. I had always thought I'd get around to taping at least a live version of it, and then they go and change it after the Millennium was over...bah!

Ah well...thanks for any info!

Dr. Know

Just thought I would chime in and ask again about the 2001 loop. I am crazy about it, and would like to know who arranged it and composed the main theme used throughout. Somebody out there must know something.

Thanks

Dr. Know

Hallooooo.....

Still hoping someone will respond to this thread. I would love to know who composed the main theme to the 2001 entrance loop. The chief suspects are Gavin Greenaway and John Debney; somebody must know something?

And another plea... I have two mp3s of this music: one is 128kbps (stereo), the other is 192 kbps (mono), and both are equally mediocre in sound quality. Does anyone out there have a better quality recording of this loop? Please? :)

Could you be a little more specific on which loop you are refering to? According to http://home.cfl.rr.com/wdwsongarchive/epcot99.htm , this is the 2001 loop:
Selections from IllumiNations 2000: Reflections of Earth
Gavin Greenaway

Tomorrow's Child
Ron Ovadia and Peter Stougaard

Space

I just read in this forum that the loop was recently changed back to the original 1982 loop (approx. 28:31) which contains orchestral arrangements of:
1)Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)
2)Golden Dream
3)It's Fun to Be Free
4)Listen to the Land
5)One Little Spark
6)Magic Journeys
7)Universe of Energy
If this is the loop you're asking about - I'd have to agree with you - I'd love to know the who the arranger is. As far as composers, the songs in the 1982/2002 loop are all arrangments of the original attractions songs - so the composers of the above songs can be found at http://home.cfl.rr.com/wdwsongarchive/epcot82.htm

Hope this helps a little - innoventionseast

Jessica L

The loop I heard last week definately wasn't the 1982 loop. It had One Little Spark and Golden Dreams, and I heard the new Universe of Energy entrance theme while in line for Spaceship Earth, but I don't know if that area has a different loop. I thought I heard New Horizons and Listen to the Land in the Innoventions Plaza, which I know has a different loop, but it was still fun to hear those great songs! The main entrance loop had a fun little theme to it that sounds familiar, maybe it is from the 2001 loop?

This probably didn't help at all, but I know for certain that, sadly, the 1982 loop is not currently playing at Epcot.

Jessica

Scott

Could you be a little more specific on which loop you are refering to? According to http://home.cfl.rr.com/wdwsongarchive/epcot99.htm , this is the 2001 loop:
Selections from IllumiNations 2000: Reflections of Earth
Gavin Greenaway

Tomorrow's Child
Ron Ovadia and Peter Stougaard

Space

That loop was the "millennium" loop...played 10/1/99ish to sometime early 2001, when they replaced it with what's being described as the 2001 loop. It's not the same as the original '82 one.

Dr. Know

Right, Scott. The 2001 loop seems to have been short-lived, rather amazing considering that it has an original theme, and new performances of pieces like Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Ellen's Energy Adventure, One Little Spark, and several others. It seems to have been used for just one year, and is no longer to be heard. There is no legitimate recording, just the fairly mediocre "master" that circulates in mp3. I would really love a better sounding recording of the 2001 loop. And still the question remains: who composed/arranged it?

As for the 1982 loop, I believe I read somewhere that John Debney had a hand in it... I will try to find the reference and post it here (unless someone else can come up with it).

Oh man - all these loops are making me dizzy. :eek:

As far as what loop is currently playing, I was referring to this thread: http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/index.ph...ay;threadid=152

But it looks as though there was a misunderstanding there? That's why I was confused.

So to clarify... (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Epcot entrance loops:
- Original 1982 loop (82-99) - orchestral arrangments of 7 Epcot attractions songs, running time approx 28:30

- Millennium loop (99-01) - ROE selections, Tomorrow's Child, and Space, running time approx 6:50 (according to a recording I'm listening to from Digital Disney)

- Present loop? (01-present) - One Little Spark arrangement, Golden Dreams, Ellen's Energy Adventure, ? , running time ?

Comments? - innoventionseast

Regarding the 1982 loop - I found these 2 posts on google groups from a 1994 thread about Spectromagic...
>

>

So there's some insight into the 1982 loop.
-innoventionseast

Scott

Right, Scott. The 2001 loop seems to have been short-lived, rather amazing considering that it has an original theme, and new performances of pieces like Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Ellen's Energy Adventure, One Little Spark, and several others. It seems to have been used for just one year, and is no longer to be heard.

Ok, now *I*'m confused again. :) I thought they were still using the 2001 loop. If it's gone...what's playing now?

Dr. Know

I'm getting a little loopy, too :p

The Epcot 2001 loop runs 19:03. It includes Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Golden Dreams, One Little Spark, and a couple of other tracks. A fanfare-like original theme connects the different sections of the loop.

I may have been mistaken when I said that it was no longer being used. Can someone confirm (or deny) that? Sorry if I'm adding to the confusion.....

Zarpman

The third "post-Millennium" loop was playing as of March 2002. I will be at Epcot in a few days, so I'll listen for which loop is playing and get back here to post.

Jessica L

The tracks that you mentioned for the 2001 loop sound very similar to what I heard last week. But it could be a new re-mix or something. I'm getting confused as well!

Jessica

Alex K

I sat on the quiet side of the entrance this morning, July 3, 2002, trying to tape the loop with a DV camcorder pointed at one of those great sounding pole speakers. The loop running today is the one Dr. Know described which (on my watch) ran for about 20 minutes and includes, Ellen, Golden Dream, One Little Spark, Honey I Shrunk the Audience theme, etc., with the fanfare. The little microphones on the camcorder are awful, so I'm not expecting much. (Dragging along the PZM mics is a little too much).

Cool - so I guess it's safe to say that there have been 3 entrance loops...

Epcot entrance loops:
- Original 1982 loop (82-99) - orchestral arrangments of 7 Epcot attractions songs, running time approx 28:30

- Millennium loop (99-01) - ROE selections, Tomorrow's Child, and Space, running time approx 6:50 (according to a recording from Digital Disney)

- 2001 loop (01-present) - One Little Spark arrangement, Golden Dream, Ellen's Energy Adventure, HISTA, ? , running time approx 19:03

Is it me or does the Millennium loop seem a bit short? I'm going off the Digital Disney recording. Does anyone have any more info on that?

- innoventionseast

Scott

Yes! Absolutely correct! I think we're all on the same page now.

And now that we've nailed that down, if anyone has a recording of that Millennium loop, please feel free to contact me immediately. :)

Dr. Know

Yes, the Milleneum loop is short, but I remember it vividly and that's it. I have tried to reconstruct it based on the terrible quality realaudio file, but I don't have a sophisticated enough editor to create the excerpt from Reflections of Earth. If anyone has accomplished this, PLEASE contact me as well!

Dr. Know

Well, someone AIMed me last night, and told me he had a "master cd" quality recording of the 2001-present Epcot loop. Unfortunately, he also had every piece of park music in my collection, so I had nothing to trade for it (!). Does anyone else out there have this "master cd" quality recording of the loop? If so, please contact me... on AIM I am cornnibblitz.

Thanks!

Jim