Wonders of Life Soundtrack

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Laughing Place seems to have a rumor about a new CD coming out, being the Wonders of Life soundtrack. I wasn't sure if this was wishful thinking or an actual concept, but here's the description.

leemac said:
Wonders of Life Soundtrack:

CD(s) featuring the David Newman's original score to Cranium Command (and pre-show), Leonard Rosenman's Body Wars score and Bruce Broughton's The Making of Me score.
Booklet talking about the development of the pavilion and the scoring of those attraction
Limited edition packaging.

This could be the first in a line of in-park collectible LE CDs.
Randy hinted a while ago that he was working on some smaller-WDW projects; perhaps this is one of them?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
You left out the most important part of the post:

leemac said:
Hi LP-ers

I've got a question for you:

[background="pink"]If the following product was available[/background] directly from WDW would you:

1) Buy it; and
2) What price point would you expect that is in line with other comparable merchandise.

Wonders of Life Soundtrack:

CD(s) featuring...

[snip]

I'd appreciate your insights!
If.

WDWGuy08

hmmm this would be nice but i don't see it happening. if it does then i'm all for it! i have sent in some inquiries, so i will report back when i get a reply. would be nice to have the body wars score finally. RIP Mr. Rosenman!

-Chris-

WDWGuy08

i have heard back now and neither one of the two composers have heard anything about this nor been approached by disney for help on it. so this is probably as it is JUST a RUMOR!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
whatda mean Jay?
I think what Jay means is that if you read the original post, it's clear that the person who started the thread was just thinking out loud and asking for other people's opinions on a theoretical release. He/she doesn't have any insight into such a release actually being planned or rumored. As SeaCastle put it twice before, it was just "wishful thinking" on their part.

Gurgitoy2

Actually, the person that posted that over at Laughingplace works for Disney, and is the creator of their "Tales from the Laughing Place" magazine. So, it's not just a random fan wondering about a CD release. I've seen his posting style before, and he's fishing for information to see who would buy. Knowing him, this is something Disney is talking about, but wants to make sure people would even care. Based on WHO posted this over there, I think it's more than just wishful thinking. Now, whether or not Disney goes through with it is another question. I mean "Wonders of Life"? The pavilion is gone, and so are the attractions...it's a little late to the party...

Club 33

Playlist Author
I agree- a bit late to the party indeed. If they wanted to release a new attraction specific CD there are plenty more populist choices.

But hey, for what it's worth, I'd buy it. :)

Gurgitoy2

From further posting over there, it sounds like he's talking about somebody like Intrada producing it. I guess that would make some sense, but still, why "Wonders of Life"? There are a lot more interesting things that haven't been released before...this would be very low on my list of wants. Still, if it were an official release, I would be compelled to buy it anyway.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
From further posting over there, it sounds like he's talking about somebody like Intrada producing it. I guess that would make some sense, but still, why "Wonders of Life"? There are a lot more interesting things that haven't been released before...this would be very low on my list of wants. Still, if it were an official release, I would be compelled to buy it anyway.
Well, if they're looking at Intrada to produce it, Wonders of Life might make perfect sense, seeing as Bruce Broughton, David Newman, and Leonard Rosenman (all accomplished film composers) are right up their alley. In essence, there would be a larger audience that can be tapped into beyond just theme park music fans. Just a thought...

BJWanlund

Hmm...

I'm now wondering if Disney, feeling empowered by the extreme goodwill engendered by bringing back Captain EO and the MSEP to WDW, are actually considering USING the Wonders of Life pavilion AS the WoL pavilion and NOT as a World ShowPlace equivalent in Future World (which it should never have been used as in the first place), and that's why they're considering a WoL official soundtrack release.

BJ