WDR and Wonderland UPDATE

W

wondergreg

You're correct, dalvarad, about Annette appearing in the album version of "We're the Mouseketeers." She appeared in several other songs on MMC albums, including a version of "Hi to You."

However, these cuts were released after the TV show had premiered in 1955. Then what's the deal with the Wonderland CD of "Musical Highlights from the Mickey Mouse Club?" Well, it's actually a 1962 reissue of favorite songs, "greatest hits" so to speak, from at least three earlier MMC LP's, catalog number DQ-1227, released when the syndicated version of the MMC was on TV. Though it has the same cover design as 1955's "Musical Highlights," (MM-12), the song selections are slightly different, and Annette does not appear.

DQ-1227 also includes songs from MM-14, "27 New Songs from the Mickey Mouse Club," and the last Official Mickey Mouse Club LP from the 50's to feature MMC songs, MM-18, "We're the Mouseketeers," the title cut, including Annette, is the same one on DQ-1227.

Also, in answer to Mike's earlier question, the MelloMen could very have have all been in the chorus on the MMC records, since the theme really sounds like it must be them.

That's good news about the MMC Wonderland disc - the DQ reissue version has a better selection of the songs I like - - "We're the Mouseketeers" was catchy!

I do hope we get more MMC on Wonderland in the future, including songs from the serials! And of course, more Annette!

dalvarad

Hi Wondergreg-thanks for the additional information on the MMC songs. I agree with the other poster-bring on more ANNETTE!

SharonKurland

Update-

As per the CM who is starting to recognize me , the Wonderland kiosk in MK is still not doing well (well duh...it's off in a corner, with NO advertising) and the 6 "new" CDs Randy mentioned are NOT in their library yet. But soon (they have a sticky note attached to their page that says "we are getting these soon").

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

trentino

I just returned from a trip to Disney World and I couldn't find the Wonderland kiosk. I did find a WDR current release kiosk at the Main Street Cinema either Once Upon a Toy or World of Disney (can't remember which)... but both of these kiosks were at child height! What adult (other than me or Sharon) is going to kneel down to use them?

Sharon where was the Wonderland kiosk?

Trent

SharonKurland

Trent-

It was in the Main Street Cinema, against a far wall. If you walk into the store from Main Street, it would have been at around 10 o'clock (if you think of the sorta round room as a clock face). Alternately, you may recall that at 9 o'clock, there is a doorway into the clock/watch shop...it is directly to the right of that doorway.

At Once Upon A Toy, it's harder to describe where the system is, since I've only seen it once and merchandise/landmarks change frequently. But trust me, it's there .

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

Disney1971

Sharon,

The Wonderland kiosk in Once Upon A Toy is not working right now. I was in the store Monday night and tried to make a CD. It took the order, and then a cast member told me it was not working. They DO have a limited supply of CD's already burned.

My experience with the Wonderland kiosk at Disneyland is that is rarely works automatically either, but they have a good system to back it up: tell the guy at the counter which one you want and he'll burn it for you. That works swell!

I personally think they should expand the system to iTunes! I honestly think if WDR released more material on iTunes, revenue would go up on this material. Not everyone can visit the theme parks to purchase this material, and it should not be limited to just the parks. iTunes offers such a great advantage to consumers, and it should be looked at. It offers Disney the protection of DDR, 24 hour access to the music to download/purchase, album artwork, and 30 sec music samples. Its just a good move in my mind... Randy, can you shed any-light on this topic? :)

deviantman

It's wonderful that more vintage Disney music is back on the remastering and re-issuing schedule.

Hopefully there will be more classic Disney movie scores and soundtracks also coming soon. In particular, THE BLACK CAULDRON complete. Since we lost the maestro ELMER BERNSTEIN last summer, its only fitting to remaster and release this great score for Disney and film score fans alike.

Or allow another label premission to do so as was done with THE GREAT MOUSE DETECIVE by Henry Mancini, which is a great album!

FYI Just visited Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney Marketplace today and purchased the seven new CD's just added to the Wonderland Music system (they were installed this week):
THE HALL OF PRESIDENTS
WALT DISNEY WORLD BAND
THE JUNGLE BOOK Storyteller
MICKEY MOUSE AND HIS FRIENDS
MUSICAL HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUB TV SHOW
ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION
Interesting fact: the system is a facilitated by a company called Best Wave, which also does the Walt Disney Records listening stations at the Disney Theme Parks and World of Disney in New York, as well as the Mr. Potato Head and My Little Pony toy assembly stations at World of Disney and Once Upon a Toy and the package delivery system to the Disney Resorts.

chris

Hi all. I just returned from Disney World as well. I was very much looking forward to the Wonderland system and so excited about the "Walt Disney World Band" release. The new titles were not in the system a few days ago during the first part of my visit so I was disappointed, but luckily they showed up yesterday morning right before I was leaving! I was so happy. The Walt Disney World Band CD is AWESOME!! I'd had a few of the tracks from it on other releases so I knew it was great and hearing the full album has been amazing. The Mary Poppins medley is especially wonderful. I can't stop playing it! They used the Irwin Kostal arrangements and it includes the horse race. The sound quality of the entire recording is just amazing.

I purchased "Mickey Mouse and his Friends" as well. I had fond memories of that album from when I was a kid. My only disappointment was that it did not include "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" like my record did. I believe "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" was added to later pressings of the LP. Can anyone tell me if that particular recording of "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" (the same one that appears on 'Mickey - This Is Your Life' LP) has been released anywhere on CD?

Chris

Zarpman

Just returned from Disneyland. Wonderland kiosks weren't exactly a "magical" experience for me. First, one of the kiosks was out of order. The other two weren't communicating with the CM machine, so I added a bunch of albums to a queue, and then had to remember my choices so the CM could manually force them to burn/print. The machine messed up twice that night, so my 3 CDs took almost 40 minutes to burn. The CMs were very nice and pologetic for the malfunctioning equipment.

Luckily, the awesome-ness of the Walt Disney World Band album made up for the shoddy purchasing experience. Keep these things come WDR!

Can anyone tell me if that particular recording of "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" (the same one that appears on 'Mickey - This Is Your Life' LP) has been released anywhere on CD?
Chris
I haven't listened to the Wonderland MICKEY MOUSE AND HIS FRIENDS yet, so I am surprised that it does not have Minnie's Yoo Hoo. As I recall, the vinyl album had a shorter version of it than other albums. It has been released on CD, on the first volume of CLASSIC DISNEY:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...nce&s=music