Walt Disney takes you to Disneyland - question

Mary Poppins

I got the 6-CD Disneyland set, including the gold LP album of "Walt Disney takes you to Disneyland." I have never heard this LP album. Is all the music on the LP album also on the 6-CD set? If not, is the CD version of the LP album (sold at various Disney sites) in stereo and recommended? thanks!

Dirk

I might have said this already at another thread: it astonishes me everytime again, that they did not put the CD version "Walt Disney takes you to Disneyland" on sale through DisneyDirect too.

I mean: Disney is trying to sell as much as possible to us (which is legit), so why did they not add this to their offers too. They could have put something in their system that whenever a customer bought the 6-CD-set the CM would have gotten a display reminding him to ask the guest whether he is interested in a CD version of the vinyl too. For once this would have been a recommendation that would have made sense. And I for once would have even ordered it on top of the set.

Yours
Dirk

P.S.: Disney, go ahead and start doing this now, I am NOT going to sue you for a share of the profit you will make.

Mary Poppins

Brian and Dirk,

Thanks for the informative replies. Can I get a second confirmation that the CD release is in mono? Someone selling this on eBay claimed it's in full stereo. Thanks again,

Mary Poppins

Even though it is in monaural, I recommend it.
Besides having Walt introduce each section of DL, the music was composed and conducted by Tutti Camarata, George Bruns (ballad of Davy Crockett) and Oliver Wallace. With the exception of Fantasyland in which Camarata conducts the more famous standards we are familiar with, this album has the original artist conducting their original tunes.

Ken