To Randy: Questions about Disneyland 2-disc set

jonyyeh

Hey Randy,

When I listened to Disc 2 of the Disneyland 2-disc set, track 11 was Remember Dreams Come True, which according to the CD case and liner notes, is track 18. ??? This caused the order of the tracks to move down expect "Remember When", which was still track 19 as listed. To anyone else, can you tell me if your CD also has this problem?

How come I noticed recent Disney CD releases have a small Universal logo on the back of the CD?

xfkirsten

Really? That's kind of odd! On my disc, Remember When is track 11, and Remember Dreams Come True is the last track.

jonyyeh

My Cd case said Remember When was track 19, which it is. However, Remember Dreams Come True was listed as track 18, but was really track 11.

Hiya jonyyeh!

Wow, I?m kinda baffled. Though I do remember some mis-print in the text on the first run, but what you have described is totally different. ?Remember When? ? the 50th Anniversary Theme Song performed by LeAnn Rimes had (from the mastering stage) always been at track 11 and I, more often than not, put the fireworks at the end of the album as a Finale, so ?Remember, Dreams Come True? is the last track and in this case track 19. And what you are saying is that track 11 is the fireworks ?Remember, Dreams Come True? and that the last track is ?Remember When? the Anniversary Theme as well as a mis-print in the text.

I really don?t have an answer for you. One master was created and all subsequent production masters were made from that and the track order has remained the same. You must have purchased yours in a parallel universe ;-)!

I can answer the Universal question however. Up until about five or six years ago, Walt Disney Records distributed our own products with a distribution center in Indianapolis, IN. With the market getting so huge, it was decided that we needed a bigger presence in the marketplace and we joined in agreement with Universal Distribution ? the largest media distributor in the world (if I?m not mistaken). Universal distributes many, many record labels besides ours. Yeah, it?s kind of ironic that we?ve teamed up with Uni after our ancient history, but those old days of studio rivalries are long gone. It may not appear so on the surface, but everyone works with everyone in some way or another these days and Universal Distribution's prominence has helped us get into markets we had no access to before. Walt Disney records is still owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company, but our products are distributed by Universal.

So there ya have it!

Randy Thornton

jonyyeh

You must have purchased yours in a parallel universe ;-)!

I ordered my CD from Disneyland DelievEars and had it shipped to my home in Albany, NY, since I live way far away from Disneyland and the closest Disney-owned store is the World of Disney NYC, which I don't think would sell it because its run by Walt Disney World.

Thanks for the reply Randy. Keep producing those great theme park albums!!! :)

Hi everybody,

I'm at Disneyland this week and just wanted to add that I bought the same mixed-up CD

The fireworks, Remember Dreams Come True, is track 11 and the LeAnn Rimes song is the last track.

The CD cover also has the song order wrong, saying Remember Dreams Come True is Track 18.

Very Strange. ???

jonyyeh

Hi everybody,

I'm at Disneyland this week and just wanted to add that I bought the same mixed-up CD

The fireworks, Remember Dreams Come True, is track 11 and the LeAnn Rimes song is the last track.

The CD cover also has the song order wrong, saying Remember Dreams Come True is Track 18.

Very Strange. ???

That exactly is the same problem I had with my 2-disc CD set.

Eric

Regarding Universal; hasn't WDR internationally been using Universal for quite some time now? I know in Canada, they'e used Universal for at least the past eight years to distribute the CD's, and in the UK they've used Polydor (an imprint of Universal), I believe. I was also told that WDR's relationship with Polydor/Universal was the reason why many Universal artists are often signed to do the special pop version of Disney songs (such as the use of Polydor artists Ronan Keating and S Club 7 on Disney Mania, despite them being fairly unknown in the US)

Hiya jonyyeh!
I can answer the Universal question however. Up until about five or six years ago, Walt Disney Records distributed our own products with a distribution center in Indianapolis, IN. With the market getting so huge, it was decided that we needed a bigger presence in the marketplace and we joined in agreement with Universal Distribution ? the largest media distributor in the world (if I?m not mistaken). Universal distributes many, many record labels besides ours. Yeah, it?s kind of ironic that we?ve teamed up with Uni after our ancient history, but those old days of studio rivalries are long gone. It may not appear so on the surface, but everyone works with everyone in some way or another these days and Universal Distribution's prominence has helped us get into markets we had no access to before. Walt Disney records is still owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company, but our products are distributed by Universal.

So there ya have it!

Randy Thornton