Re:WISHES fireworks CD NOT coming...unless

Shawn

So will they still be showing the old Halloween fireworks show or is the show gone. I'll be there in a few weeks for this and wanted to know.
Thanks!

D

DisneyFanatic001

Is there a way for us non-Florida residents to submit our request (other than showing up at City Hall in person)? Is there an email address that we could voice our plea?

I'd be more than happy to present a list of e-mail address to City Hall regarding this issue when I'm there in two weeks. . .

Just wanted to check to say the new fireworks show is truly spectacular. I saw it opening night in a mob of excited people. And, yes, I stopped by guest relations and expressed my wish to see the music on a cd!

Dr. Know

Maybe part of it!?! Come on, how absurd. If they don't add this to the next OA then they are truly idiots.

My $.02

I've emailed them twice... first reply, "no plans to release WISHES" ... second reply, "not at this time, however, no way to tell what will be released in the future".

I hope they do.

Dude

Dr. Know

Can anyone confirm that the complete soundtrack from Wishes was included on a disc given out at the press event? Makes me even more upset that there are no immediate plans for a commercial release.

disneyboi81

Themeparks.com has 2 mp3 files available from the beginning portion of the show. That only means a full version soundtrack extist somewhere.

Dirk

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

if the release of the fireworks soundtrack really depends on guest demand I don't see this happening. During my recent visit to WDW I visited City Halls several times to place my request for a soundtrack release with some CM there. Everytime I encountered a different CM and with the exception of my last try I always received the same, totally wrong answer: "We can't take down your request as WDW's policy is never to release musical material from a new show or similar, the soundtrack of Fantasy in the Sky fireworks was only released because the show was running so long already". When I pointed out that this is not quiet correct and that I would like to place my request regardless of this policy which I questioned anyway they said all they could do is calling in a manager. The later they said with a clear undertone of "the manager will then explain the same to you, you stupid, stupid guest". I doubt that many normal guests who might be interested the soundtrack go to the length necessary to put in the request.

Yours
Dirk

SharonKurland

And that is today's example of the Disney right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Anyone want to guess what tomorrow's CM won't know? Sigh.

FRAN?OIS

Dirk,

It's not to brag or show off but , some years ago, I did work as a host at Epcot (Center) Guest Relations and I sure would have treated guests' requests that way -- even more since i so enjoy Disney music! --

Disney Cast Members sure are NOT the same as when I was there!

I noticed that on my last visit in 2001 to WDW Resort....
Cast members do get easily "impatient" with guests... or don't even listen to the requests and are quick to jump to conclusions...
On the other hand, that place is now so HUGE!!

I wonder what happened to the pixie dust!

FSCMagic

Just an update to the wishes response at City Hall...Guest Relations does not record written comments from guests. If you would like to have Wishes on CD you must contact Guest Communications. This is the department that tracks guest feedback. Their address was on an earlier post I saw.

When I stopped in at City Hall to log my request (and Dr. Know's) a couple of weekends ago I received essentially the same response, that Guest Communications was the appropriate avenue to take.

TDLFAN

RUMOR!!! ONLY A RUMOR!!!! But a friend of mine who is a merchandise CM says a "Wishes" cd may be available as soon as the end of this month! AGAIN it's only a RUMOR based on a conversation he heard at work.

Let's hope it becomes true!!!

DizneyGuy1982

GUYS GREAT NEWS!!
I PERSONALLY KNOW STEVEN DAVIDSON THE CREATOR OF THE WISHES FIREWORKS SHOW AT WDW. AND I TOLD HIM THAT ALOT OF US DISNEY MUSIC FANS WANT TO GET A HOLD OF E MUSIC AND HE SAID THAT IT WILL BE RELEASED IN 2004, THERE IS NO SET DATE BUT THEY ARE DECIDING IF IT WILL BE RELEASED AS A SINGLE OR ON THE NEW OA. SO I GUESS ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WAIT AND BE PATIENT. AND ALL OUR "WISHES WILL COME TRUE"!

gatordoc

Can anyone confirm that the complete soundtrack from Wishes was included on a disc given out at the press event? Makes me even more upset that there are no immediate plans for a commercial release.

This appears to be true! I recently picked up the disc on eBay, and it is actually a CD-ROM with some information about Philharmagic and Wishes, and what I believe is the complete Wishes soundtrack (music and narration in stereo) as a set of nine mp3 files (total running time 15:52).