Error 404 - File Not Found

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Are MagicMusic.Net's Album Index and Disney Music Store Categorical Listing pages no longer available?

The index is still here...

http://www.magicmusic.net/albmindx.htm

But clicking on any of the categories results in...

Error 404 - File Not Found
The file you are trying to reach could not be found on the server.
Please make sure that you type the URL correctly.​

I'm looking for an up-to-date comprehensive listing of Theme Park recordings.

Are there any other sources?

trentino

Hi there, I'm aware of the 404 error... It's been like that since moving to the new hosting provider that has a different PHP setup then the old one. I have to troubleshoot the issue when I have a chance. Note that the directory is only updated to 1998/1999. Also, the theme parks category had all US releases but only a sampling of international ones.

Ternt

Gurgitoy2

Hey, Trent, is there any way to make the album index like Wikipedia? This way, anybody can edit and upload cover art, etc. I know it's a lot of work for you to have maintained that in the past. It would great if it was something you could just open and let people do their thing.

BLM07

If there is going to be a Disney album wiki here, I definitely want to be part of it. ;)

It would be a lot of work if it was open to anyone, people could use it for spam or just vandalism. You could however make it so only registered users can edit pages, or you could make it so only a admin can create accounts for users.

Gurgitoy2

If there is going to be a Disney album wiki here, I definitely want to be part of it. ;)

It would be a lot of work if it was open to anyone, people could use it for spam or just vandalism. You could however make it so only registered users can edit pages, or you could make it so only a admin can create accounts for users.

That's true, you have a point there. Maybe there could be a login, so that it couldn't be edited unless you were registered here. I guess I'm hoping for something that would be little work for Trent, and something we all could contribute to to make it comprehensive.

almandot

I registered disneywiki.com and have been meaning to finish some modifications I made to it but sometime I'd be interested in getting it started heh.

trentino

The wiki idea is a good one actually. At one point I had offered to let someone take over the proprietary database I had created for disney albums but there were no takers. But these days a Wiki is probably a better idea anyway. I do want to give this site some TLC it hasn't seen for a long time but it will have to wait until I get my DisFriends.com project up and running... so probably the new year.

Thanks,
Trent