Disney's Hollywood Studios Main Entrance Loop

Hello, friends,

Does anyone know if the main entrance loop for Disney's Hollywood Studios has been changed to coincide with the new park signage? I believe some of the tracks in that loop were from MGM movies. . .

dkrfla

Yeah I was kind of curious about that as well. I wonder if they are going to "Pixarize" the loop to coincide with a the more "modern" Hollywood motiff they are going for ;D

Horizons

Playlist Author
Ok, so it took longer than expected. As of this morning, the DHS Entrance BGM is the same one as before.

I wonder, though, whether a special BGM will play on Star Wars weekends.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Ha Ha, good one.

I don't believe I am the only one in this camp. I mean, come on, who makes recordings of Winter/Summerland?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I don't believe I am the only one in this camp.

What camp is that, hmmm? Linking to the soundtrack that has been chosen by Disney to honor the special guests who attend the Star Wars Weekends, I am. Yes, hmmm.

who makes recordings of Winter/Summerland?

Bite, I will. You, hmmm? ::)

Is that an outdoor speaker in your avatar, hmmm? Or just excited to see me, are you, hmmm? Yeesssssss.

dkrfla

Apparantly from what I gather there is now area music in the Pixar Place section of the park now. I won't be getting out there till later in the year so if anyone can check on this and see what it is I would appreciate it.

D~

Horizons

Playlist Author
Yesterday, there was no music playing around Toy Story Mania. There is a nice BGM that plays in the queue, but I wasn't able to hear more than 10 minutes of it, as the ride stopped and we were asked to leave the queue.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
there is now area music in the Pixar Place section of the park

The music is coming from huge speakers that are hidden behind the walls of the building opposite Toy Story Midway Mania. There do not appear to be any Omnispeakers at ground level, so getting an induction recording is not going to be possible. The music is extremely loud, though, so perhaps a live recording can be made at a time of day when noise from guests passing by is at a minimum.

Seveneves

The Main Entrance Loop is updated as of September 1, 2016. Here is what I have been hearing (and recording and Shazaming and Spotifying):

All tracks are easily found on Spotify.com using the information given. Timings are based on the Spotify app media player for Windows PC.

DHS Main Entrance Area Music, Updated Summer 2016

Sahara: Main Title - Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Casablanca), 01:44 to 02:28

King Kong - Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Now, Voyager), 03:00 to 07:18

Aliens: Futile Escape - James Horner (from Titanic And Other Film Scores Of James Horner), 00:00 to 02:10

Main Titles - James Sedares and The Phoenix Symphony (from Elmer Bernstein:The Magnificent Seven/Hallelujah Trail by The Phoenix Symphony), 00:00 to 02:05

The Death Hunt (From "On Dangerous Ground") - Bernard Herrmann, Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Citizen Kane), 00:00 to 02:23

Snow Picture (From "Citizen Kane") - Bernard Herrmann, Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Citizen Kane), 02:50 to 3:17

The Sea (From "Beneath the 12-Mile Reef") - Bernard Herrmann, Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Citizen Kane), 00:00 to 01:56

The Octopus; Homecoming (From "Beneath the 12-Mile Reef") - Bernard Herrmann, Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Citizen Kane), 01:20 to 03:55

The Abyss - Alan Silvestri (from Voyages, The Film Music Journeys of Alan Silvestri, 01:30 to 02:45

Victory At Sea - Richard Rogers (from Ebb Tide/The New Limelight by Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra), 00:00 to 06:55

The Sea Hawk (Suite) - Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Captain Blood), 04:55 to 06:36

Talking Drums; Prelude: The Riverboat; Petticoat Dance; The Safari (From "White Witch Doctor") - Bernard Herrmann, Charles Gerhardt (from Classic Film Scores: Citizen Kane), 00:00 to 03:58

Overture - Bernard Herrmann (from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad), 00:00 to 01:55

Escape To The Clouds - Bernard Herrmann (from Mysterious Island - Original Film Soundtrack), 00:00 to 02:12

End Credits - John Williams (from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 00:00 to 03:10

The Bride of Frankenstein - The Tower Explodes And Finale - Kenneth Alwyn & Franz Waxman, (from Bride of Frankenstein by Westminster Philharmonic Orchestra), 01:08 to 01:48

The Bride of Frankenstein - The Creation - Kenneth Alwyn & Franz Waxman, (from Bride of Frankenstein by Westminster Philharmonic Orchestra), 5:58 to 7:45

Opening: Let There Be Light - John Williams (from Close Encounters Of The Third Kind), 00:00 to 00:40

The Visitors / Bye / End Titles: The Special Edition - John Williams, (from Close Encounters Of The Third Kind), 07:18 to 08:00 (not precisely what is on the DHS loop; placeholder until I find the exact one)

Main Title - James Horner (from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), 00:17 to 02:40

Willow (Willow's Theme) - James Horner (from Ron Howard - Passions & Achievements), 00:00 to 03:27

The Adventures of Robin Hood: Main Title / Coronation Procession - Erich Wolfgang Korngold (this track is not the exact one, merely close to it; it is a placeholder until I can find the correct one.) section lasts 03:15

Seveneves

Well, as of early this week, they changed the Main Entrance loop back to the way it was before the September change. Any ideas on why they would do this? I really preferred the updated loop, but I'm probably the only one who hears it eight hours a day, five days a week, so I'm sure I won't get any sympathy! ;)

Seveneves

November 9, and the Main Entrance Loop remains back to the way it was before this odd, almost-two-month update. I can only speculate on the reasons why.