Yet Another Delay With DisneyDirect

KJS

I don't know if anybody else got this but today I got an email stating that there were "unforeseen delivery problems" and that the 6 CD shipment got delayed again. This time in the middle of June. I'm really starting to get agitated with them however I'm not surprised having read about other merchandise events that had problems. I had ordered mine on the phone hours before it went online last month and can't believe I have to wait this long to receive it. Yet I'm reading on here that people who ordered days after me already received theirs. I get the feeling that they are going to push it back every month and come up with some dumb excuse. Anybody else having this problem?

Kevin

SteveSatch

This wait is a joke. My order is delayed and I can't take it. Can someone burn me a copy of the discs so I can hear them until my set arrives? It won't cost Disney a dime since I bought it anyway. I'm sure I could trade something nice in return.

ArnyVee

I've got two sitting in 'backorder' limbo since April 26th. So, not sure if I can continue to take this....but, then... what alternative do I have? ::)

SteveSatch

I'm going to wait, but I've got to find someone who will burn me the set so I can hear it while I wait for the real thing. I have stuff to trade. Please help. I can't wait any longer.

DrDisney

I am in the same boat (accidentally posted my tale of woe in the "DelivEars" thread) but am actually put on hold again by Disney Direct until mid June (ship date) which means end of June for a delivery date.

As the other poster said... what else can I do?

--Tim

David S.

Theoretically, I guess you guys could try to order it from DL DelivEars or WDW Merchandise, of course making sure they still have the LE gold vinyl. If it ships and Direct still hasn't shipped, you could then cancel from Direct.

David

ArnyVee

I just got an e-mail confirming the delay in shipping from DisneyDirect. But, I also got a confirmation from my Disney Visa account that there was a charge for the amount of the set. So, not sure what that means.

SteveSatch

Even though I live in Ca, I just called WDW and ordered from them for about $141 shipped. I asked twice if it was the LE and not SE and she said yes. I feel like it's a big risk though. Can anyone confirm WDW has the LE?

Eric

If any of you have ordered through Disney Direct and haven't gotten it yet; just order it through WDW Merchandise. They're fast and efficient for the most part; AND you can keep your order with Disney Direct open. If for some reason Disney Direct finally does ship your item, you can either sell it, keep it, or return it at your local Disney store (since they do accept catalog/Disney Direct returns, allthough they won't refund your shipping costs if you paid any).

ArnyVee

I'm getting free shipping and 10% off of the order for being a Disney Visa member though. So, it's a nice amount saved per set. I'm going to personally have to tough it out until Mid-June before being able to listen to my CDs.

schnebs

I'm confused here...Disneydirect was allotted a certain number of LE sets to sell, and they sold them. I'm assuming that WDR and Disneydirect wouldn't make a deal to sell the sets if they didn't actually have them, so why are we having to wait an extra month to actually receive them?

It's really anoying. If I'd known I was going to have to wait this long for the set to arrive, I would've just bought one when I was at Disneyland on May 5th. Oh, well, hindisght's 20/20, I guess.

s8ntmark

The other day, when I got my email, I cancelled my order (they didnt like it, but I prevailed ;) )...I thought it would be harder to get when I first ordered it.

Im just going to drive down to the park this weekend to pick one up....

disneyfan1999

Yeah Im going to Disneyland on wed. (may 25th & the 26th) I already have a set but my parents want one now and they tryed to get one on disney direct..but its backordered. I hope I can get one when i go on wed. ;)

DrDisney

I did it! ;D

I bought a set from the World of Disney store last night at Downtown Disney. I saved 10% (for my annual pass) and shipping (since Disney Direct refused to honor the online free shipping for me!).

I got number 0421!!!

On my way to cancel with the losers at Disney Direct right now.

By the way, the guys at the customer service counter told me that Disney Direct has been shipping the black vinyl, non-LE edition. I don't know this to be true for a fact, but that is definitely what the World of Disney folks are saying.

I'll post more after I get a chance to listen to my new prize!!

--Tim
;D

SteveSatch

Awesome. I didn't have time to check the World of Disney store when I has there Friday night. The music shop didn't have any though. I ordered from WDW merch Thursday knowing that I might see if Friday at the park. I ordered just to make sure. Now the wait is on. Is the 10% off because you have the premium AP?

DrDisney

Awesome. I didn't have time to check the World of Disney store when I has there Friday night. The music shop didn't have any though. I ordered from WDW merch Thursday knowing that I might see if Friday at the park. I ordered just to make sure. Now the wait is on. Is the 10% off because you have the premium AP?

Good deal, I am sure WDW Merchandise will do you better than Disney Direct!

I got the 10% with my Florida Resident Annual Pass. It's just the regular annual - not the premium one which includes the water parks, but it's not the seasonal one either - the one with black out dates.

Good luck dude.

--Tim

jmuboy

Speaking of being tired of dealing with DisneyDirect. After waiting one month for my Gold LE set - it finally ships out. Only they sent me TWO sets!!! If anyone needs one let me know. Otherwise I'll be returning it.

Greg
gregtalley76@yahoo.com

jmuboy

One more thing, just out of curiosity I did a search for item 61499 on DisneyDirect (this is the item number for the gold set). Looks like it is still avialable for sale. The system even let me continue to check out. STRANGE. I guess these are canceled orders from people who found the sets elsewhere.

goofy208

Well, this morning I received email notice that my set has shipped! Only problem is, the order they are shipping is the one I placed at 1226 pm on 4/26. An hour after placing that order, they emailed me that the item was out of stock and the order was rejected. An hour after that, I read on the boards that online DD was selling them again! So, I reordered about 3pm. I was so confused, I ended up calling DD that evening. The very helpful cast member told me I didn't have to concern myself with the first order, it was a nullity. The second one did take, however, and was a valid backorder. Two days later, I ended up buying the set in person at Orlando World of Disney. I immediately cancelled the online order. Now they tell me the first one, which I was not to worry about, has shipped!

jmuboy

goofy208 - That is exactly how I ended up with 2 sets. They canceled order and so I reordered. Well, both the "good" order AND the order that was supposedly canceled shipped out to me yesterday. Oh well, their mistake. They will have to pay for the shipping when I return it and refund all my money. Just a hastle to have to deal with though. Looks like this is a trend. DisneyDirect has really messed up the sale of this item in every single way they possibly could.

You definately need to call or email then with your sitaution. It's not your fault they shipped you an item that they canceled. I tend to use email when dealing with them so I have proof of what they are doing/saying just in case they make a mistake.