Playlist Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
There are more than three CDs used in the loop. I haven't worked on this loop in some time, but I'll take another crack at it soon.

My apologies, I stopped at Horizon's post above. :oops:

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Below is the completed playlist (personal first) for the Yacht and Beach Club exterior music. I'm not quite sure how to format this to playlist mode, but this should suffice. SoundHound did a great job of filling in the missing tracks.

[See completed playlist above. —Admin]

Wow! That's some quick work. Thanks

Any advice or info concerning editing on track 28 05, "Classical Soul"? Any information is appreciated as always.

Thanks,
jmcalister

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
jmcalister said:
Any advice or info concerning editing on track 28 05, "Classical Soul"?
"Classical Soul [Edit]" is the name of the track. :D

In addition to adding the playlist formatting, I've consolidated @SeaCastle's source list from 16 CDs down to 6, as a whole bunch of the tracks are actually from the same couple/few albums.

"Classical Soul [Edit]" is the name of the track. :D

Huh, wow.... so it is. If I didn't pull up the album, I'd have guessed it meant that they played an edited version of it as well... trimmed it down to be shorter or what not.

But, in this case, if it was edited on the loop, would the playlist have it marked as "Classical Soul [Edit] [Edit]"?

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Thanks for all your work on this ... if only it played at the Newport Bay Club at DLP!

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Thanks for all your work on this ... if only it played at the Newport Bay Club at DLP!

This playlist wouldn't have gotten off of the ground if it wasn't for a CD tip from Horizons (Billy Joe Walker Jr.'s Warm Front CD), as well as extensive use of SoundHound/Shazam. (Credit also goes to Jay for formatting the playlist and finding the compilation CDs.)

Horizons

Playlist Author
This playlist wouldn't have gotten off of the ground if it wasn't for a CD tip from Horizons (Billy Joe Walker Jr.'s Warm Front CD), as well as extensive use of SoundHound/Shazam. (Credit also goes to Jay for formatting the playlist and finding the compilation CDs.)

Or for sitting in the hot blazing sun for 2 1/2 hours to capture a recording... :)

SeaCastle

Playlist Author

Or for sitting in the hot blazing sun for 2 1/2 hours to capture a recording... :)

That may have had something to do with it. :p Thanks again, Horizons!

I have looked for one of these tracks for years and was chagrined that I couldn't find this one track that stood out to me because of the smooth drum beat and awesome jazz piano chops. (Shame I didn't have an iPhone with me at the time so I could Shazam it; however when I finally got an iPhone, they had the alternate holiday loop playing so there was no way I could find it at that time) And now, thanks to the now complete list, just from getting all this information, I am pleased to find the identity of my favorite song (and it still is now). Whenever I hear this song played I think back to the Yacht and Beach Club, and how beautiful it looks. The desired effect happens when the sun has come down and the moon is up and the night lights are on. The track adds to the peaceful atmosphere at night whenever it plays, and of course, the track I am speaking of is Bob James' "Restoration." Strangely enough, this makes me want to get the album to hear what the rest sounds like! It sounds like the perfect cool-down and chillax music.

debvee60

Thank you very much for creating and posting this playlist.
I love Disney background music especially from Walt Disney World. The diversity of music types is so much fun.
I've been to Disneyland since I was a girl (pre-Calfornia Adventure) and I remember standing in line at the Matterhorn loving the polka? music and enjoying in Adventureland while shopping at the bazaar or the "western" music waiting for the pack mules - late 1960's.
The sounds of Disney - including movie music - have always meant a lot to me. This was of course years prior to the accessibility to music that we have now (for example I subscribe to Google Play).
My daughter and I are planning a much-wished-for Beach Club vacation next December 2016, so we will be listening to this during the months to come. I see there is also a Christmas list - we might need that too. Not exactly road trip music I don't think, but it will find a place on our lists.
Thanks again for all your work - Debbie V.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
monorail91 said:
DJ LMNOP strikes again! :)

It would appear so! :ROFL:

I have reordered @SeaCastle's track listing so that the loop begins with 'A.' There are several tracks "out of place," but most of those appear to be one-offs. Perhaps some after-the-job-was-done drag and drops. Who knows? What I do know is that it is absolutely absurd for Disney to be playing music in alphabetical order! :confused:

I have fixed the formatting / broken links and officially moved this into the Playlists section. :)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I honestly wonder if they use a machine that does that as a matter of course when transferring audio to it. I know I have an mp3 player which does the same with no way to prevent it (I replaced it with one that allows me to set the tracks in the order I want them). Maybe they just can't be bothered to order them of course.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
eyore said:
I honestly wonder if they use a machine that does that as a matter of course when transferring audio to it. I know I have an mp3 player which does the same with no way to prevent it (I replaced it with one that allows me to set the tracks in the order I want them). Maybe they just can't be bothered to order them of course.

Don't make any excuses for them! They should know damn well what kind of equipment they're using! :unsure:

There are three easy solutions:

A.) They can rename the tracks to avoid alphabetizing (e.g., 01-This-Doesnt-Start-with-A.wav, 02-Neither-Does-This.wav, 03-Aye-We-Seem-to-Have-This-Problem-Licked.wav). This should be done even when choosing:

2.) They can correctly run everything through a Compressor/Limiter, add crossfades so there is no silence between tracks, and save the results to one large file (e.g., Polynesian-240min-We-Actually-Did-It-Correctly.wav).

Based on my reference recordings, most with wildly fluctuating volume levels, it is painfully obvious that WDE / DJ LMNOP has never heard of or seen one of these:

Compellor320D_Front.jpg

Aphex 320D Compellor

1101eperspectivea__89746.1433864185.500.500.jpg

orb_pc1101_graph.JPG

Orban Optimod-PC 1101

While compressing/limiting/crossfading is an absolute must for each and every BGM loop, if their playback device supports 'gapless' playback, they can leave the tracks as separate files. However, this can be dangerous because of:

D.) Seriously lazy, and/or stuck with what they already have on a CD or solid state music player, they can hit the damn 'random' switch on the playback device! :rolleyes:

Example:

sd25dmx_med.jpg

Gilderfluke Sd-25
Sd-25DMX_Manual.pdf said:
DipSwitch #8: Randomizer. When on, SoundFiles are played in random order, rather than sequentially. If less than 255 SoundFiles are loaded on the Sd-25, then the randomizer checks off each SoundFile as it is played. It will not play the same SoundFile a second time until it has played all the other SoundFiles. If more than 255 SoundFiles are loaded on to the Sd-25, then the SoundFiles are played randomly. It does not check to see whether the same SoundFile has been played recently.

Speaking of NOT hitting 'random'... Do you know that you can walk into [topic=4549]Disney's Pop Century Resort[/topic] and hear the exact same song at the exact same time every single day?! That is ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY INSANE! :eek:

Period. :mad: —Jay/Buzz McCallister