World Showcase BGM Listings from Disney - Part 2

almandot

crap it might be at the pond in canada. grumble.. uuughhhhhh i'll go with.... meh i'll keep my original answer

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm thinking the speaker is located pretty close to the center of your avatar. What do I win?

Nothing, since you didn't guess correctly.

Your avatar is a picture depicting the Battersea Power Station in London. Do I win anything?

BLM07

The Land or Fantasia Golf?

almandot

I didn't bother even looking at speakers during my trip so really don't have any idea just recognized the flowers because they seemed to be all over the resort when I went particularly at the flower & garden festival topiaries at International Gateway and just past the main entrance as well as around the pond in Canada.

I could probably take an almost identical picture in Disneyland's esplanade though =P

Horizons

Playlist Author
I was going to offer my induction recording of Disney Celebrates America as the prize, but I read on Rodentsections that part of the source recording has surfaced.  It seems strange that only part of it surfaced, unless someone decided to split the file and only release the first half.

Oh well, I guess the fun is over.  The speaker is located (insert drum roll here)....at the entrance to DHS (in front of the security checkpoint).  I sat there for an hour and a half recording the DHS entrance music and was bored.  The idea of taking a picture of the speaker and using it as my avatar seemed funny at the time.

almandot

They were a bit overzealous in talking about how amazing they thought their new show was to the point that they decided to release Act 1 of the audio to cast members.

Horizons

Playlist Author
They were a bit overzealous in talking about how amazing they thought their new show was to the point that they decided to release Act 1 of the audio to cast members.

I really like the soundtrack. I'll have to try and track down the partial copy. Thanks for the information.

Gurgitoy2

This seems odd, considering how tightly they've tried to control rehearsal CD's lately, to the point of butchering them. On one hand, maybe they felt that releasing only the first act was preventing the whole thing from being shared...on the other hand, why bother? They should have just produced a CD version with maybe some other "Americana" stuff on it and sold it in the parks....

almandot

The rehearsal CD dilemma is completely unrelated. And a WDW issue at that. From what I can tell this show was created with Disneyland in mind.

Horizons

Playlist Author
This seems odd, considering how tightly they've tried to control rehearsal CD's lately, to the point of butchering them. On one hand, maybe they felt that releasing only the first act was preventing the whole thing from being shared...on the other hand, why bother? They should have just produced a CD version with maybe some other "Americana" stuff on it and sold it in the parks....

Excellent idea - add the Liberty Square or American Adventure area music and you have a winner.

Horizons

Playlist Author
The rehearsal CD dilemma is completely unrelated. And a WDW issue at that. From what I can tell this show was created with Disneyland in mind.

I think you mean with WDW in mind (everyone knows WDW is better)

Marko

WDW doesn't create shows. They take things, strip them down, and leave them there to rot.
At least we have a peoplemover (TTA) and not just an empty track!
B.T.W. Our Space Mountain has never killed anyone.

almandot

Oh let's not switch this into tallying park deaths. =P And space mountain hasn't killed anyone for some reason people get that confused with the big thunder train derailing or the mission space incident.