World of Disney [DLRP]

Neverlandxpress

Very interested to note the new World of Disney store in Disneyland Paris has its own music loop. When I was there last month I did try to take as much notice of what was playing but it always seemed to be the same section whenever I was in the store. It seems to play Disneyland soundtrack music without vocals. For instance I certainly heard the title song of Beauty and the Beast with all vocals removed - it was just the backing track. Also think they use some if not all of the Disney backlot music from Walt Disney Studios- Pocahontas's "Farewell" was most certainly there.
Does anyone therefore have a complete list of the tracks featured on the full loop? It would make a terrific loop to try and reproduce.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Is it possible it plays the PhilharMagic loop?
I have been given a partial listing which has been identified by wedroy1923 as strikingly similar to PhilharMagic playing Disney soundtrack edits.
Unfortunately we haven't yet taken a live recording from the Store (next year hopefully) for a comparison but the titles are much alike and in the right order so it's a good possibility.

See [topic=4667]Mickey's PhilharMagic Queue Music[/topic]

Neverlandxpress

Thanks for the link. I've just had a look and I'm just not sure. Beauty and the Beast's Transformation was definitely there along side the title track, and I noticed something from The Little Mermaid. As I say whenever I was in the store it was always the same section, and getting a recording was really difficult as the loop didn't play that loud and there was a lot of noise from shoppers. It was at it's best by the main entrance door. Really interested to find out more

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
We should have a full live recording in May or August. Needmagic and I have it on our lists!
Diminev recently compiled the list below which is what we are working from. Note that Disney Dreams figures a lot.
This listing will appear in the blog soon as a W.I.P. once we have done some more research. We do extend our thanks to Diminev for taking the time to compile this live listing and for providing us with the listing.
We cannot,at this stage, confirm anything and will be unable to do so until we have a full recording.
Note the content of the Philharmagic listing with the Disney Dreams tracks as they appear here.
Neither listing is complete so the tracks you mention may well be under the "unknown"
Early days yet but a starting point.
Do remember that the listing below is as noted down at the time and (as we know from personal experience), noting down in real time can easily result in two tracks running together, a track missed due to noise etc and many other things (especially where the track isn't something that rings a bell - some can be a little obscure. The transformation scene is used in other loops and I have to admit, I noted it as "Beauty and the Beast" at the time and then had to find which part of the soundtrack it was later) so do take this as a starter and guide subject to change.

1)-I Pini di Villa Borghese (from "Pini di Roma")
2)-Unknown
3)-Belle
4)-Disney Dreams?
5)-Unknown
6)-Piano Concerto N°2 by Shostakovitch (used for "The Steadfast Tin Soldier")
7)-Mickey Mouse March
8)-Disney Dreams Overture
9)-Unknown
10)-Once Upon a Dream
11)-Disney Dreams?
12)-Pomp & Circumstance Marches
13)-Beauty and the Beast
14)-Medley (Part of Your World/Belle)
15)-The Transformation (from "Beauty and the Beast")
16)-Final, from "Carnaval des Animaux"
17)-Disney Dreams?
18)-Be Our Guest
19)-The Sorcerer's Apprentice
20)-A Whole New World
21)-Mickey Mouse March
22)-Disney Dreams?
23)-Unknown
24)-Dance of the Flutes (from "The Nutcracker")
25)-The Kiss (from "Aladdin")
26)-I Pini del Gianicolo (from "Pini di Roma")
27)-The Second Star to the Right

Looks like Disney Dreams pops up whenever the Philharmagic loop has track from Return to Neverland. A case of it just being "well, that's Peter Pan-like, but I don't recognize it from the original soundtrack?"

DavidG

Disney Dreams uses arrangements from Return from Neverland (it's also the same composer) which could explain the confusion.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I think many of us (me included) would find it quite difficult to pinpoint the exact part of a soundtrack on first hearing. Think how many times we run through a recording to make that positive ID! At least the name of the soundtrack it's from leads in the right direction.
Of course, I'm making a massive assumption that the Disney Store music is indeed orchestral versions not having actually heard it. The similarity between the two loops makes it worth investigating further though - especially knowing just how much audio travels across the Atlantic. ;)
Tantalising one this.

needmagic

DLRP Obsessed
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Just a quick post to say thanks for the tip on the level of audio and a good recording spot - every little helps!

Neverlandxpress

You are most welcome. There are two statues outside the store (one of Mickey and one of Minnie) and you could hear it very clearly around that area. Wishing you all success

Neverlandxpress

So... it is definitely begining to look as if they have used the PhilharMagic loop, which should be fairly easy to replicate using the soundtracks that are available. The problem will be the soundtracks sections they have used with the vocals removed (the sections I heard had no vocals). I have found "A Whole New World", "Once Upon A Dream" and "Beauty and The Beast" but can't find "Belle" anywhere. Can anyone help?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Wedroy1923's latest Philharmagic listing has it as Belle (~02.07 - ~03.18 in Soundtrack) .

This is our working playlist at the moment but we are still working on it so subject to change.
Note our start track is different as it's based on notes taken at the time in DLRP.
This listing is from Philharmagic. Can't confirm 100% as identical until we have a live recording from Paris of course.

Piano Concerto No. 2, Op. 102 [00.00 - 01.22]
- Fantasia 2000 Motion Picture Soundtrack

Mickey Mouse Club March #2 (~02.16)

Main Title [00.15 - 01.54]
- Return to Neverland Motion Picture Soundtrack

Once Upon a Dream (~02.58)

Jane Can Fly [00.54 - 01.45]

Pomp and Circumstance [00.00 - 02.06]

Beauty and the Beast (~02.14)

Happy Ending [01.08 - 02.23]
- The Little Mermaid Motion Picture Soundtrack

To the Fair [00.13 - End]
- Beauty and the Beast Motion Picture Soundtrack

Main Titles

Transformation [00.00 - 04.46]
- Beauty and the Beast Motion Picture Soundtrack

Carnival of the Animals: Finale [00.06 - End]

Janes Save Tink and Pan [00.00 - 00.55]

Bedtime

Mickey's PhilharMagic Medley

Jane Finds the Treasure

Flying Home

Dance of the Reed Flutes [00.00 - 00.47, 00.04 - 00.28, 00.53 - ~01.05, ~00.59 - 01.31, 00.04 - 00.25, 01.38 - End]
- Fantasia Motion Picture Soundtrack

The Kiss
- Aladdin Motion Picture Soundtrack

Firebird Suite

Reunion (The Second Star to the Right)

Pines of Rome [00.00 - 01.48]

Tour of the Kingdom

Belle (~02.07 - ~03.18 in Soundtrack)

Flight Through Neverland [00.52 - 02.32]

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Thank you, that would be great help.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Well, I'm pleased to say that they are the same loop - at least they appear to be identical from what we can hear - 99.9% certain anyway ;)
Many thanks Filmographik.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
That's awesome! What is on the CD?

The Trout

They seriously put out a full music loop on CD? Well done, Paris. Well done. *slow clap*