World of Color

TomTO

Hello All,

I have been reviewing Disney's new World of Color website. Does anyone know if the audio to the new show will be available? Or, if it already it is? I'm a World of Color nut and like what I've heard so far :)

Thanks in advance.

TomTO

772pilot

Hello All,

I have been reviewing Disney's new World of Color website. Does anyone know if the audio to the new show will be available? Or, if it already it is? I'm a World of Color nut and like what I've heard so far :)

Thanks in advance.

TomTO

I haven't heard anything specifically about a WoC release (and certainly there should be one - the demand is significant). Hopefully there will be one.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Official word from Disney (via the Disney Parks Blog) is that there are no plans for a CD release of the soundtrack at this time.

X-S Tech

Hearing that Disney wasn't planning on a CD release for this, I was initially disappointed. Then I saw the show and decided, who cares? There was absolutely no music in the show that I felt the need to have. The pop version of WOrld of Color that is used at the beginning and end of the show is so uninspired, I couldn't care less if I ever saw it again. The rest of the show, while not direct lifts from the films, are either so close as to be undistinguishable or again just nothing special. There are a few songs that I can always assume when used in a medley they will be very beautiful and yet different from the films, Part of Your World and Beauty and the Beast. Both fell very flat. I don't know if it was the orchestration, or the editing, but I didn't feel like there was anything in the show that I'd cared to have.

The Trout

Agreed. WoC doesn't NEED a CD. 90% of the audio sounds lifted from the original soundtracks. The only thing we'll probably end up getting from this rather uninspired clip show is a suite of the theme music, probably on the next park OST.

(On the other hand, an induction recording of the soundtrack would likely result in the first cleanly isolated audio from the 2006 Pirates refurb, since there's a clip of Davy Jones from the ride in WoC, and there's no music behind it. Yes, the show was so unengaging that all I could think about was mixing that one snippet of dialog into a ridethrough.)

(On the OTHER other hand, they could always release a CD of the original music written for the show, before it was all replaced with movie soundtracks. There's some precedence for this, since we got the original Haunted Mansion Holiday and the original Phantom Manor on CD at one point.)

tcsnwhite

I say, speak for yourself.

I am someone who certainly wants a soundtrack cd. Why not?

And not all of World of Color is soundtrack sources. There are a number of great moments in the show that have some beautifully orchestrated new music.
There are PLENTY of us out there would love to have that.

So I say, YES, they should do a WoC soundtrack. I mean how many Pirates/Mansion cds does one have to have...let the entertainment music get some release. please.

***On another note, some have said that a soundtrack probably isn't out as of now because they were still making small tweaks to the show as of the last couple of weeks. And there was no definite 'final' version of the audio ready. Now there is, so it may be a matter of time.
And when it comes to Entertainment music, at least the nighttime spectacles tend to get releases, so it could very likely happen.

Miss Tilly

I'm a Noob!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I couldn't care less if I ever saw it again.
Kudos to one of the few who knows the correct way to say this! :)

gallery_321_1_13023.png
WoC doesn't NEED a CD.
I say, speak for yourself.

There are PLENTY of us out there would love to have that.
I mean how many Pirates/Mansion cds does one have to have...let the entertainment music get some release.
I say as many as possible. Let's hope Randy is planning a WDW release soon.
I say as many as possible. Let's hope Randy is planning a WDW release soon.
Amen to that!
And now we all know why Baskin-Robbins® makes 31+ flavors! :)

Vanilla: You = :wub: | Me = :angry:

Made with Snickers®: You = :angry: | Me = :wub:

But, at least we all scream for ice cream.

Well, those of us who like ice cream, that is. :lol:

• • •

Watch this, folks! I just automagically turned this topic into a poll on Disney Parks® snack foods! :eek:

Cast your vote! Multiple choice for those who can't make up their mind.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Watch this, folks! I just automagically turned this topic into a poll on Disney Parks® snack foods! :angry:

Cast your vote! Multiple choice for those who can't make up their mind.

I'm upset now. It reminded me that DLRP no longer sell coconut ice cream.
I loved that flavor. :)
I'm assuming that the hotdogs are Casey's foot-long ones with mustard and cheese :angry:

Horizons

Playlist Author
Ohana used to have great coconut ice cream, until some genius decided to get rid of all the desserts you can purchase.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
A quick note on how polls work:

• Any registered member can create his or her own poll.
  • Any registered member can vote in a poll.
  • No one (including Admins) can see who has voted, or what they voted for, unless a poll has been configured as a "Public Poll." You will know when this is the case.
  • If you have already voted in a poll, and you want to change or remove your vote, you may do so by clicking on 'Delete My Vote.' This will provide you with a clean slate from which you may start over.
Please address any other questions, comments, or concerns to [member=Horizons]. :)

Club 33

Playlist Author
So getting back to the topic at hand, I do hope for a CD release. Yes, there may not be a lot of original music per say, but these are by and large original orchestral arrangements with a huge orchestra and choir. My personal favorite is the Little April Shower section.

But we'll see what happens. I'm sure the music will leak at some point anyway- Disney has been pretty liberal with it what with the web clips and the live stream, so I've got to imagine there will be somebody who doesn't feel too guilty sending it to a friend.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I do hope for a CD release.
As do I. When I think about the mounds of garbage that Disney sells in the parks, and when I look at the number of non-Park exclusive CDs sitting on the shelves (does anyone really pay $19.98 for a Jonas Brothers CD at the Magic Kingdom when it can be found at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or Target for $9.98?), I can't help but wonder why they don't have more Disney Parks music available to purchase. Where is my Tower of Terror CD? Where is my MK-specific Haunted Mansion CD? And where, oh where is my Sonny Eclipse CD? Let's get with the program, Merchandising! :)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I do hope for a CD release.
As do I. When I think about the mounds of garbage that Disney sells in the parks, and when I look at the number of non-Park exclusive CDs sitting on the shelves (does anyone really pay $19.98 for a Jonas Brothers CD at the Magic Kingdom when it can be found at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or Target for $9.98?), I can't help but wonder why they don't have more Disney Parks music available to purchase. Where is my Tower of Terror CD? Where is my MK-specific Haunted Mansion CD? And where, oh where is my Sonny Eclipse CD? Let's get with the program, Merchandising! :)

I do agree that there is just so much rubbish on sale in the parks. DLRP are fairly good with parade CDs etc and collections of various attraction (just short clips, of course) but don't have CDs of the attractions as such.
One would think (in view of my often repeated phrase that most people visit a park once in a lifetime, the park music would be an obvious best seller as a reminder of their visit.
Do they really think that a CD of Phantom Manor will stop guests returning?
Especially when it's the music from a visual spectacle
One only has to see how readily illegal copies of attraction CDs sell to realize there's a large market for them.
Ah, wait, maybe let them do it for a number of years and then sue them for the revenue to save the work and effort?
Nah, too cynical.

Dr. Know

I would love to have a cd with the soundtracks to World of Color and Magical, but I'm not holding my breath.