Wonders of Life

Playlist Wonders of Life

_Indiana_

I was looking at the Wonders of Life playlist and noticed that the runtime of the loop is a few minutes shorter than the sum of all the track times.

Do the various crossfades mentioned in the notes make up the descrepancy in time? If not, do you happen to know which of the tracks were edited and where? Unfortunately, I don't have a reference recording to do the comparisons myself.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
_Indiana_ said:
I was looking at the Wonders of Life playlist and noticed that the runtime of the loop is a few minutes shorter than the sum of all the track times.
The individual track times that appear in all of our playlists match the lengths of the tracks as they appear on the correct source CDs, digital downloads, or vinyl records. We've decided it makes more sense to help people find the correct tracks than it does to provide them with detailed edits. Without a reference recording in hand, no amount of information we might attempt to provide is really going to help as far as edits go.

Loops without crossfades have the leading/trailing silence removed from most tracks, but it would be frivolous for us to list all of those tracks with approximate playing times and/or claim they have been "edited." When we do display a track as having been edited, it is to let you know that part of the music has actually been removed.

Most people are just looking for the correct tracks; the few who want to put together precise recreations will need reference recordings.

_Indiana_ said:
Do the various crossfades mentioned in the notes make up the descrepancy in time?
Yes. :)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Even with the most detailed instructions, it would be pretty well impossible to duplicate fades etc without your own reference recording. Jay has kindly allowed that those of us working with playlists may, if we wish, add edit details as well as the full length of the track but that's an "extra" and, as Jay says, not really that useful unless you have the recording of the loop to compare with. If you do have a recording, it can be a useful guide - especially where a loop track is made from several sections of one commercial track edited together (we are working on a complicated edit of How the West was won at the moment - it's a nightmare) and another where they have used the first 1:16 of a track and the final 1:16 and miss out the entire middle sections!

Mickey92

Hi All,

I have just joined here as LOVE Disney Music! Just wondering why I can't download the playlists :( Tried downloading the Wonders of Life playlist and it said I couldn't...

Regards,

Tristan

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
That facility isn't available at the moment - it's a "coming soon" feature I believe.
You may find a listing in the blogs though.

[Apologies to anyone who may have thought the non-working 'Download' button was going to lead to a collection of MP3s. The plan was to eventually offer downloadable .PDFs for printing. —Admin]