03. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! 3:39
Chris McDonald Orchestra
Big Band Christmas
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

Read more about this playlist...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The playlists for the Winter Summerland miniature golf course. I'll need to compare a reference recording to the various CD tracks below to ensure the proper CDs can be identified.

Winter Side

[Snip]

Summer Side

[Snip]

I guess this is your not-so-subtle hint to remind me to search through my recordings and get the loops to you! ;)

So are these lists available from a cast member at a particular site?

Just trying to determine your standard operating procedure.

1. Acquire the list
2. Find a loop recording or make one
3. Verify list=loop recording (if not , update list or harass the person who made the recording)
4. Repeat when loop changes

Horizons

Playlist Author
So are these lists available from a cast member at a particular site?

In my experience, the lists are usually never available. The "operating procedure," as you say, is usually make a reference recording and then search through endless 30 second clips in itunes trying to match up tracks to the recording.

dkrfla

You may not realize this but there are actually those of us out here who are insane enough to truly appreciate those of you who compile these playlists. I being one of them. :) I am anxiously awaiting the Pop Century Playlist!

D~

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I found my recording for the Snow Course!

The song titles and order that you have are mostly correct, except that Barry Gordon really did get Nuttin' for Christmas, as he ain't included.

Some of the artist names and/or album titles are incorrect.

You can find the correct version of Jingle Bells by the Singing Dogs (not the Jingle Dogs and not Christmas Unleashed) on Dr. Demento's Greatest Christmas Novelty CD.

The tracks that you have labeled as "Big Band Christmas" are actually performed by the Chris McDonald Orchestra.

The "Smokey Mountain Christmas" album that you want (there are at least half a dozen) is by Cumberland Gap Reunion. The album was last reissued in 2003, but if you want to be more authentic, find a copy of the 1997 release, as Disney's Winter Summerland was up and running by the spring of 1999.

I have identified the "Spirit of the Season" tracks as being by the New Age Orchestra and Chorus.

I'm pretty sure the "Christmas Sing Along" tracks are from two volumes produced by Audio Treasures, Inc. I will know for sure once I have the CDs in hand (there are no samples to be found anywhere online).

To answer your e-mail question about whether there is a 3rd loop when the Snow and Sand courses meet under the log campground lodge, no, there is not, the Snow Course music wins out.

Here's what I've got so far (~times are from my recording):

Snow Course Area Music

[See playlist above. —Admin]

Horizons

Playlist Author
Some of the artist names and/or album titles are incorrect.

That's what I was thinking when I started to track down the CDs based on the list that was provided.
I have, so far, been unable to locate any matching albums for the tracks labeled as being from "Spirit of the Season" and "Christmas Sing Along."

I couldn't locate the Christmas Sing Along but I think I have the Spirit of Season CD. I'll have to listen to a recording to be sure.
To answer your e-mail question about whether there is a 3rd loop when the Snow and Sand courses meet under the log campground lodge, no, there is not, the Snow Course music wins out.

Yep, I figured that mistake out yesterday. You know, the train sounds, jack-in-the-box, Santa spiels, etc... can all be recorded. How about a Winter Summerland flow-through mix? :p

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
If that doesn't prove you are both the club curator and president of DPMWJ, I don't know what will.

I've got nothing on you, my friend! You're club curator for life! :D

"Guess what?" actually meant that you'll be needing to collect those sound effects on your own. :p

Believe it or not, though, I actually did consider grabbing the Santa spiels. :D

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The fat lady is about to sing on the Snow Course Area Music. I can hear her warming up in the wings right now. I'll know that the list is truly finished just as soon as I've got the two Christmas Sing Along CDs in hand.

Coming soon... Sand Course!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Re: Winter Summerland Miniature Golf - Area Music Playlists

I have finished analyzing my induction recording of the Sand Course. Subsequently, I have located all of the correct albums. They're mostly out of print, but fortunately, they're easy to come by.

The Astronauts' Banzai Pipeline was available on a couple of "two-fer" CDs prior to the opening of Winter Summerland. My guess is that WDI used the 1997 Surfin' with the Astronauts/Everything Is A-OK! release from Collectibles. If you are interested in the original Surfin' with the Astronauts album, which has not been seen by itself since it was released on vinyl, BMG Japan just reissued it on CD a couple of weeks ago (25-Jun-2008).

The tracks listed as "Christmas Drums" are by Chuck Quappe.

If you're an Exotica/Lounge connoisseur, like myself, you've already got most of the Ultra- Lounge Series in your collection. Billy May's Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Mambo, all on its own, is worth the price of admission for Christmas Cocktails. You'll also need this CD for the Snow Course.

The "Latin Jazz Christmas" that you want (there are a bunch of 'em) is by Bobby Rodriguez. This is a highly sought after recording, so it doesn't come cheap.

I'm going with the April 4, 1995 release of the Beach Boys' Greatest Hits album. It may be easier to locate a copy of the September 21, 1999 release, it's the one I'm actually linking to below, but it could not have been used by WDI for Winter Summerland as it was already open for business in the spring of 1999. Does it matter which one you go with? No, not really.

As with the Snow Course, ~times below are from my induction recording.

WDI lopped off the final second or two on most of the tracks but they didn't do anything else in the way of processing. They do manage to pick out some sweet background music for the parks and resorts, but they apparently haven't heard of fade mixing and AGC/Compressor/Limiter dynamics processing. These boys won't be getting jobs at radio stations or producing commercial background music loops anytime soon.

Sand Course Area Music

[See playlist above. —Admin]

The fat lady singith! :)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Shouldn't you be busy creating some exciting new forum members for us, Bill?

I'm trying to make a positive contribution here. If everyone would rather wade through Fluppy Dog and "doh!" and "me to [sic]" type posts, I'll be happy to revert back to "lurker" mode.

I've been married for nearly 26 years... I could use a girlfriend! :D

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I am anxiously awaiting the Pop Century Playlist!

Now there is a "resort" that I have no interest in staying at.

However, on the night of the 4th, I was stuck in gridlock on a Disney bus, where the driver decided to switch on the music for Pop Century after he ran out of Disney trivia. It didn't take long before the whole bus was singing along to Theme from the Brady Bunch, Sinatra's New York, New York, and everything else that followed. A fun time. Well, as much fun as can be had on a bus stuck in gridlock after midnight.

What specific area music do you have in mind? Entrance, Lobby, pool, gift shop? What's the story over there? I'm game to track it down.