williamtaylor1969: Bootlegger, Recaster

Gurgitoy2

Ok, I was browsing eBay and came across this listing for an Indiana Jones Attraction CD. Of course I suspected bootleg just from the title, but then I read the description and was confused. I was there at the opening of that attraction and for several days afterward too, but never, ever saw any CD being sold in the park as the description says. What is this "Supertrack" label he speaks of? Is this somebody just making stuff up out of thin air to try to make a bootleg look legit? I'm 99% sure that this is all crap, but I just want to know if anybody else has heard of this thing before?

Here's his "description":

"A truly FANTASTIC CD! This CD was sold at the park, just after the ride opened, in Disneyana, and at various kiosks throughout the park. Produced by "Supertrack" Records, this CD is jam-packed with nearly 80 minutes of sound effects and music from the great Disneyland attraction. No longer sold at the parks, and since Supertrack records is no longer in business, this very rare, hard to find CD is only available in limited quanities, so don't miss your chance to own this disc! Good luck bidding."

[WARNING: eBay music bootlegger cargosupplyhq and movie prop recaster moviemagicman may actually be Mark Willett of Long Beach, CA. His many aliases include williamtaylor1969 and Greg R. Stone. Details [post=31391]here[/post], [post=34110]here[/post], and [post=34114]here[/post]. — Admin]

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
"Disney Resorts presents," using the Waltograph font? Yeah, right.

And nearly 80 minutes, huh? There are so many 80-minute commercial CDs on the market. Not!

Did you look at his other listings? The guy is selling 'Supertracks records' recordings for the Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tiki Room, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, etc. And, if you look at his feedback/history, you'll see that he has sold multiple copies of these "very rare, hard to find CDs."

"and since Supertrack records is no longer in business"

Should we be substituting 'Extinct Attractions' for 'Supertrack records?' :rolleyes:

I suggest you Report this item.

Gurgitoy2

"Disney Resorts presents," using the Waltograph font? Yeah, right.

And nearly 80 minutes, huh? There are so many 80-minute commercial CDs on the market. Not!

Did you look at his other listings? The guy is selling 'Supertracks records' recordings for the Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tiki Room, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, etc. And, if you look at his feedback/history, you'll see that he has sold multiple copies of these "very rare, hard to find CDs."

"and since Supertrack records is no longer in business"

Should we be substituting 'Extinct Attractions' for 'Supertrack records?' :rolleyes:

I suggest you Report this item.

LOL, actually, I reported all of them before I came here and made my post. I just thought his description for that one CD was odd. The cover art is obvious, but his "story" was interesting. Maybe I'm being an ass for reporting all his stuff, but I was upset that he's making it seem like they're all legit. The Tiki Room one is a fine line too, because he says it's from the "kiosks", and has the cover art, but then goes on to say it's not the LP version (which the Wonderland version was).

I wonder how eBay handles that...do they just remove the one item and he's free to do it again? Or, do they actually make him stop selling bootlegs period? It would be a pain if he was able to just create another listing with the same CDs.

WDWGuy08

i ask composer richard bellis about this who did the music for that attraction and he said he didnt know anything about it.

Glad to see that Ebay is taking some action. Also glad to see that our members here are trying to keep stuff like this from fooling someone who is a new collector and may not know any better than to buy it.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Good Work. :lol:

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Our bootlegger, cargosupplyhq, is at it again. All previously removed items have been relisted. :lol:

eBayers may want to keep clicking on the 'Report this item' link at the bottom of his listings.

Gurgitoy2

Our bootlegger, cargosupplyhq, is at it again. All previously removed items have been relisted.
angry.gif

eBayers may want to keep clicking on the 'Report this item' link at the bottom of his listings.

See, that's my worry with eBay...they don't make him shut down all bootlegging, but just close the one auction. They are free to just create a new listing for the same item...depressing.

Gurgitoy2

Hey, LOL, you guys are quick! No sooner did I check his auctions and saw an offending disc, it "disappeared". Seems they pulled it before I could report it myself. Way to keep vigilant!!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Hey, LOL, you guys are quick!

That was probably me this time. I reported 13 items (9 Disney + 4 Star Trek) and all 13 are now gone. Let's see how soon before he puts 'em up again. eBay will, eventually, suspend his account. But I wouldn't try to hold my breath in the mean time.
sad.gif

Gurgitoy2

Hey, LOL, you guys are quick!

That was probably me this time. I reported 13 items (9 Disney + 4 Star Trek) and all 13 are now gone. Let's see how soon before he puts 'em up again. eBay will, eventually, suspend his account. But I wouldn't try to hold my breath in the mean time.
sad.gif

That's ok, I'll just keep on reporting until he stops...or has to create a new account...which I'll find based on the CD's.

By the way, Jay, what do you write for the brief description they ask for? I put something about it being a fan-made compilation not officially released by Disney no matter what the description says. I guess it must be enough though...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
what do you write for the brief description they ask for?

Well, I reported 13 separate items, so I kept changing up the text to get the point across, especially since they only give you 100 characters.

I wrote things like:

Bootleg CD-R with homemade cover. Disney never sold this. Also reported to Disney Legal.

Pro bootlegger. Keeps listing/selling "rare, hard to find CDs" that are actually CD-R boots.

CD-R w/homemade cover. How long before you suspend this pro bootlegger's account?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Were these things ever genuine?
I'm looking at his Phantom manor (DLEP) 15th anniversary CD which, he says, was for sale in the park last year. I didn't see it and I get everything new that they have out. O doubt I would have missed this one.
Are they just bootleg copies or totally made up things?????
It's called (oddly) "Disneyland Parks' Phantom manor "
Never seen anything there without the word "Paris" in it!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I'm looking at his Phantom manor (DLEP) 15th anniversary CD

Just remember to report it while you're busy looking at it.
tongue.gif

Current item numbers you can copy/paste into report:

250428073500, 250428074769, 250428077320, 250428084924, 250428086498, 250428088134, 250428091390, 250428092568, 250428095307

eBay should have pulled these listings already.
sad.gif

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Already done. :lol:

Gurgitoy2

Did my reporting duty...I'm sure they'll be pulled soon. I hope at some point this guy takes the hint...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Did anyone else notice that our illustrious bootlegger, cargosupplyhq, has replaced the close-up images of phony CD covers with photos of the CDs laying on his kitchen table? If they're in a jewel case, they've got to be the real deal, folks! :lol: I guess it's good enough to fool eBay, as his listings are still there some six to seven hours after the reports starting getting sent. :D