Wilderness Lodge

Playlist Wilderness Lodge

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I'm really looking forward to Arusha Rock. Is this from one of your old recordings, or have they decided to turn the music back on?

I have stopped by every day for the past two-and-a-half weeks and Arusha Rock has been silent every time.

I am working on two (yes, two!) loops for Arusha Rock.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The mystery track is not from The Furies, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, or High Noon, at least not the respective selections featured on the Round Up CD.

If I were to buy in on the LMNOP theory, and having reviewed the (spotty) "official" listing for a prior genration of this loop, I'd guess that the mystery track has something to do with the Grand Canyon.

I'll have to investigate this further...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The mystery track is not from The Furies, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, or High Noon...

I did not mean to imply that it would have to be one of those three selections. I used them as examples of tracks that would fit alphabetically.
I'd guess that the mystery track has something to do with the Grand Canyon.

Grand Canyon Suite works. I see that Grand Panorama / Grand Canyon Suite is listed as being part of the previous loop. Grand Canyon Suite was also used for the Grand Canyon Diorama at Disneyland.

Frontierland Shooting Gallery Needs a New Paint Job and Gertrude Gets Her Groove Thing On are other possibilities... as anything between 'Fr' and 'Ho' will work. :D

It will be alphabetical. I will bet my Horizons' life on it! ;)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I refuse to believe in this insanity.
If I were to buy in on the LMNOP theory...

Not a theory. Fact.

Are you guys going to try telling me that the original 29-track Animal Kingdom Lodge loop is not alphabetical because Go Ralom should be where Track 11 is? Could it be any more obvious that DJ LMNOP simply mislabeled the track?

We've got 14 to 16 of 17 tracks in alphabetical order at the Wilderness Lodge. We're waiting on one more.

It is not happenstance. It is stupidity. Planned stupidity. That's a fact.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have one track left to ID in the Wilderness Lodge loop. I am posting a 30 second clip [link removed] to see if anyone recognizes this song. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I am posting a 30 second clip [link removed] to see if anyone recognizes this song.

It sounds like the Hoss Is In Love Theme from Bonanza. :p

I can't speak for other browsers, but when attempting to download this file with Firefox, everything from # on is truncated, so you'll have to add your own .mp3 extension to what is left in order to make it work.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
If that's from the Bonanza episode with Inger Stevens (as Emiley Pennington), there's quite a few clips on Youtube with background music but I haven't found one with that tune (yet).
May be worth having a look though to compare though.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
If that's from the Bonanza episode with Inger Stevens (as Emiley Pennington), there's quite a few clips on Youtube with background music but I haven't found one with that tune (yet).

Eyore, I was joking/teasing, which is why my comment ended with :p.

While I have your attention, take a look at 'New Messages,' right under where it says 'Search' and 'Help' at the top of the page. Does yours say '1 New Messages?' I sent you a birthday PM a week ago and it is still showing as 'unread' on my end.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have two separate recordings of the Wilderness Lodge pool music I did from November 2007, which I am just beginning to sort through. My first recording was 59:23 long. After coming home and listening to the recording, I noticed the loop was on shuffle mode, so, after cursing a few times, I went back and did another recording, this one running 1:57:12 (I don't remember why I stopped at 2 hours - most likely because the music was boring).

I still don't think I have recordings of all of the tracks used in the loop, but without getting a three to four hour continuous recording, I won't be sure (any volunteers for this?). I have managed to ID all of the tracks except for seven. I am listing the track names, in sequence, from both recordings and links to 30 second samples of the seven unknown tracks. Does anyone want to play name that tune? If you are a fan of jazz/new age style music, this game is for you! :p

Recording #1 (59:23)

01 - Mountain Dance
02 - The West Country
03 - Windy & Warm
04 - True North
05 - UFO Tofu
06 - Unknown A
07 - Carly's Song
08 - Mountain Dance
09 - Nemo's Dream
10 - Unknown B
11 - Unknown C
12 - Gina Lola Breakdown
13 - Looking Back
14 - True North
15 - UFO Tofu

Recording #2 (1:57:12)

01 - Unknown D
02 - Unknown A
03 - Looking Back
04 - Mountain Dance
05 - Gina Lola Breakdown
06 - Ghostwind
07 - Wind it Up
08 - Unknown B
09 - Wind it Up
10 - Celebration
11 - Carly's Song
12 - Corrina, Corrina
13 - Unknown E
14 - Nashville Pickin'
15 - Carolina
16 - Windy & Warm
17 - Mountain Dance
18 - Christina
19 - Little Kids
20 - Looking Back
21 - Cuban Hideaway
22 - Counterpoint
23 - Unknown F
24 - Chiringito
25 - Chicago Song
26 - The West Country
27 - Unknown C
28 - Unknown A
29 - Unknown G

[Links have expired. —Admin]

Horizons

Playlist Author
Jay said:
Precious Moments, my friend, Precious Moments! :rolleyes:
I am by no means a fan of this loop. But if I were to guess, I think there is a high degree of probability that I will be the one making a four hour continuous recording. :eek:

Casamir67

Just playing around with Tunatic, it identified Unknown B as "Dancing Angels" by Urban Knights. The others though, no luck.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Jay said:
Eyore, I was joking/teasing, which is why my comment ended with :p.

While I have your attention, take a look at 'New Messages,' right under where it says 'Search' and 'Help' at the top of the page. Does yours say '1 New Messages?' I sent you a birthday PM a week ago and it is still showing as 'unread' on my end.
Oops (looks down sheepishly).

Yes I did get the message(s) - thanks -but they came as a pop-up and, in my bewildered state, didn't realise (what's wrong with the spelling, Oh, US English, let's try "realize" - ah, that passed the spell check)\that they were also in my messages folder. Ah, the hi-tech of the site now :rolleyes:
That Wilderness lodge tune (the 30 second clip) is driving me mad - I know the tune but can't name it :angry: of course, I do have a 51.19 recording marked "Wilderness lodge mix" (no idea where from) but how true that is I don't know (starts with Mag7, Billy the Kid, Ride to Fort Hays followed by a native-American flutey number, the dawn, unknown, Big country (which Tunatic couldn't identify - go figure!) the one that sounded similar (although it may just be I didn't switch the player off soon enough and it ran into the next one) was "Like a dog chasing cars".

Horizons

Playlist Author
Casamir67 said:
Just playing around with Tunatic, it identified Unknown B as "Dancing Angels" by Urban Knights. The others though, no luck.
I can't seem to get Tunatic to work on the mac (even though I downloaded the mac version). I couldn't get it to recognize Unknown B, or any music for that matter. I mean, how can this program not ID 4 Minutes? :unsure:

Dancing Angels is a match! Six more to go...

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
So the one that Tunatic identified as "Like a dog chasing cars" wasn't the right one then? (Main loop #15 that you gave a 30 second clip of). I'm not familiar with that title so had to go by what Tunatic said.
Tunatic CAN give some rather odd (and wrong) answers at times so I have found.

Horizons

Playlist Author
So the one that Tunatic identified as "Like a dog chasing cars" wasn't the right one then? (Main loop #15 that you gave a 30 second clip of). I'm not familiar with that title so had to go by what Tunatic said.

No, this song is not from "The Dark Night" soundtrack.

On a different topic, I went to the Artist Point today and was able to make an almost complete playlist. There are two unknown tracks in this loop, both of which I rather like. I was sure one of them was from Douglas Spotted Eagle, but so far this hunch hasn't panned out.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
OK, I searched for the tune I suggested (it's from Dark Knight, I believe) and found it on Youtube.
Obviously NOT the same tune at all. Tunatic is still coming up with either that or "not found" (and I have the full tune on my loop) so don't believe all you read there! :blink:
Anyone tried it on Shazam (I don't have an iPhone)?
It's annoying as I'm sure I know the Intro!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I just went through about 300 30-second Native American flute clips on iTunes. :confused: After about a 150 of them, I could no longer tell a difference. The remaining two Artist Point tracks may be difficult for me to ID.