Wilderness Lodge Area Music - Holiday Version

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
A "sneak peek" work-in-progress for Premium Members...

Aside from the fact that I don't think New Age music fits the theme of the Wilderness Lodge, there is something really weird about this loop! There are basically three albums playing from first song to last, one track at a time from each in a somewhat orderly fashion, while skipping an occasional track. We get to hear all of [I]A Family Christmas[/I], but missing are Tracks 2, 9, and 12 from [I]The Carols of Christmas[/I], and Tracks 7 and 12 from [I]The Carols of Christmas II[/I]. What's really weird, though, are all of the tracks marked in red (current best guesses) that don't appear to have anything in common with New Age music — or with each other — making it unlikely that they are from a single fourth album.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
Entrance/Lobby/Pool Area Music - Holiday Version
(Observed on Dec 5, 2009)
01. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / John Tesh [1]
02. Do You Hear What I Hear? / Jim Brickman [2]
03. Oh Come All Ye Faithful / W.G. Snuffy Walden [3]
04. Christmas Festival / Classics for Joy - O Holy Night [?]
05. We Wish You a Merry Christmas / John Tesh [1]
06. Once in Royal David's City / Liz Story [3]
07. Jingle Bells / Barclay Christmas Orchestra [?]
08. Good King Wenceslas / John Tesh [1]
09. Christmas Time Is Here / George Winston [2]
10. O Tannenbaum / Steve Lukather [3]
11. German Dances, K.605: Sleigh Ride, No. 3 / Arthur Fiedler - Pops Christmas Party [?]
12. The Little Drummer Boy / John Tesh [1]
13. Oh Little Town of Bethlehem / Tracy Silvermans [2]
14. Away in a Manger / Brian Dunning, Jeff Johnson [3]
15. Joy to the World / John Tesh [1]
16. The First Noël / John Boswell [2]
17. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear / Steve Morse [3]
18. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas / John Tesh [1]
19. Emmanuel / Will Ackerman [2]
20. The Christmas Song / George Winston [3]
21. What Child Is This? / John Tesh [1]
22. Dona Nobis Pacem / Richard Stoltzman [2]
23. White Christmas / Dinu Radu Panflute Trio - Magic Christmas [?]
24. Good Christian Men, Rejoice / John Tesh [1]
25. Ave Maria / William Galison, Toninho Horta [2]
26. Good King Wenceslas - Robin LeMesurier [3]
27. Carol of the Bells / John Tesh [1]
28. Coventry Carol/What Child Is This? / Tuck Andress [3]
29. Song for Prima / John Tesh [1]
30. O Holy Night / David Darling [2]
31. December Morning / Jim Brickman [3]
32. O Tannenbaum (Oh Christmas Tree) / John Tesh [1]
33. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen / Michael Manring [2]
34. Jingle Bells / Jim Cregan [3]
35. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen / John Tesh [1]
36. One Final Wish / John Tesh [1]
37. Simple Gifts / Liz Story [2]
38. Accordin Bells / Leo Kottke [3]
39. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy / Berlin Festival Orchestra [?]
40. White Christmas / John Tesh [1]
41. What Child Is This? / Michael Hedges [2]
42. In This Still Forest / William Ackerman [3]
43. Medley: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing/Angels We Have Heard on High / Nightnoise [2]
44. Angels from the Realms of Glory / Joan Armatrading [3]
45. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas / Brian Keane [2]
46. Fantasia on "Greensleeves" / Adrian Boult [?]
47. Good Christian Men, Rejoice / Classics for Joy - O Holy Night [?]

Total Playing Time: 2:46:57

Shazam Score: 0

Click on album titles or covers for links to Amazon:

1. :cd: A Family Christmas John Tesh (10-Oct-1995)
2. :cd: The Carols of Christmas: A Windham Hill Collection Various Artists (17-Sep-1996)
3. :cd: The Carols of Christmas II: A Windham Hill Collection Various Artists (12-Aug-1997)

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31XBPR7P7AL._SL500_AA115_.jpg[/IMG] [sp] [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416VDAN2AJL._SL500_AA115_.jpg[/IMG] [sp] [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AD3MMTK6L._SL500_AA115_.jpg[/IMG]

Club 33

Playlist Author
So, Jay, seeing as Shazam isn't doing it for you, how are you going about identifying the tracks? Do you just have an iPod or a laptop with you for comparison? I understand the idea of listening to tons of different tracks and finding out the right one but I would think that would be hard to do in real time. Not only that, but you usually seem to have a complete or mostly complete listing the same day you observe the loop.

Just a humble associate asking for some tips. :)

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
"Real time" means that I'm updating the post as I hit upon something, not that I'm sitting at the hotel and building the playlist in 2-3 minute increments without a mistake. I wish it were that easy. It takes hours upon hours and lots of research to do most of the playlists. No matter that Shazam was a bust on this one... I can smell a Windham Hill sampler from a mile away. :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
I spent just a few minutes listening to the Christmas loop at Pioneer Hall this afternoon. For whatever reason, the style of music played is similar to what's used at Wilderness Lodge, rather than bluegrass. I think some of what I heard is included in the Wilderness Lodge loop. Perhaps the two are the same, I'm not sure at this point.

The marina is also playing a Christmas loop. Not sure if it's different than Pioneer Hall.

Ernestwisdom

Hi!!

Does anybody know the music loop that plays (or use to play) At Fort Wilderness during Christmas time?

I know one of the songs was
"The Holly and the Ivy"
by Alex De Grassi
That was one of my favorites

I think the loop is less than an hour because that song would pop up every 40 minutes or so.

I've been search searching for the list for a long ....long time
The Fort Wilderness Christmas Loop has been the most impossible search I've ever had on the internet!

MB is gone I think, would of love to have gotten on there! It might have been on there

Emcduck

Playlist Author
Jay,

Have you tried re-Shazaming these? I'm finding that a lot of music seems to get added if I check back.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Emcduck said:
Have you tried re-Shazaming these? I'm finding that a lot of music seems to get added if I check back.
No, I haven't. The playlist is complete and all was done without the benefit of Shazam/Soundhound. The only puzzling thing about it, as I noted above, is that there are seven tracks tossed in that don't lend themselves to the kind of laziness that makes up the rest of the loop. :D

Emcduck

Playlist Author
Oh. :lol:

That musta been when the boss was lookin'