Where's our buddy SharonKurland

SharonKurland

Now REALLY...would I EVER do that to y'all? Life wouldn't be that much sweeter if I didn't go POOF and show my face in here every once in a while .

Anyway, we DID go to Japan April 6 to 26t and yes, I did buy a "few" TDL CDs that I didn't have. Erm....24 of them .

Tokyo DisneySea is just AWESOME. Awe-inspiring. Makes you walk all the way around the park before your mouth stops hanging open. It's amazing what can be done if someone is willing to spend money. The attention to detail is just incredible.

Oh, and Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nara, Nagoya, Tokyo and Hakone were pretty cool too . Just that our 6 nights at TDLR were just a little bit cooler. Well, a lot cooler. Cool enough to have plans to go back in 5 years.

I wrote a daily "diary" which I sent to family and friends during our trip, which I am now SLOWLY adding pictures and more narratives to. Up to day 6 of 20 (told ya it's slow). I'll let y'all know the website when it's good to "go public."

Don't say anything bad about me...y'never know when I pop up again...

-Sharon-

I wouldn't even DREAM of saying anything BAD about you Sharon. Now if I catch you saying stuff on here like "I think SpectroMagic Is the BEST nightime parade Disney has ever created" DON'T be surprised to hear me say "Is this the SAME Sharon Kurland I once knew?"

SharonKurland

--Cuz she's been around this board since circa 1997
--Cuz she has over 600 Disney CDs and is a wealth of information
--Cuz she holds the "top poster" mark here
--Cuz she's cute as a button
--Cuz I say so

-Sharon-
(a.k.a. SharonKurland)

SharonKurland

Not full-time, Dirk. But for now .

Just teaches y'all not to mention my name, or I show back up like a bad penny .

BTW, did Bill ever come back? And is Jeff_in_OC posting more?

--Cuz she's been around this board since circa 1997
--Cuz she has over 600 Disney CDs and is a wealth of information
--Cuz she holds the "top poster" mark here
--Cuz she's cute as a button
--Cuz I say so

-Sharon-
(a.k.a. SharonKurland)

Though apparently "modesty" isn't among her attributes. I wonder if she's related to the "look-at-all-the-shows-I've-got" chap.

SharonKurland

Ghost Host-

The "" at the end connotated that I was making a joke, hon. When you ask something that can be interpreted as a negative (not that you necessarily were, mind you...just that that's how it could be taken), such as, "Who is 'Sharon Kurland' and why should be we all excited that she's back?" (possibly interpreted as: WhoTF is she and BFD that she's here) well, you've got to be prepared for a zinger in return .

Consider yourself "zinged" .

And I don't know who the "look at all the shows I've got" person is. But FWIW, I've got enough domestic and internation Disney CDs to help a lot of people with a lot of questions here...which I've done since 1997...that's not showing off, it's a fact. Ask me how many of them I listen to on a regular basis and you'll see how much I care about how many Disney CDs I have, that I want to show off to the world.

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

Hi DisneyFanatic001-

My "favorite" Disney CD used to change around quite a bit. But since the mid-1990's, it's pretty much "stuck" as the B&TB Broadway soundtrack. Perfect, typical Broadway tunes.

Of the 600+ CDs I own, I've listened to probably 150 of them in their entirety . And of those, I've listened to possibly 75 more than once . I've got some BAD CDs in there, like the music box music and the banjo music and the King David soundtrack (I saw that live at the New Amsterdam too...LORDY, was that a BORING show !). I never really ask myself "why did I buy it" because I know WHY I bought it...it's a Disney CD...I don't need any other reason . But sometimes I question where I need to draw the line when I've got CDs of cover versions sung by teenyboppers entirely in French .

I DID draw a line while I was in TDL, though. I kept myself limited to ONLY TDLR CDs. No cover versions. None of the EuroBeat ones. Just the parks. I HAD to draw the line or I woulda wound up buying 50 CDs instead of 24. Funny story...I went to The Disney Store in TDL's Ikspiari, which is SORTA like Downtown Disney but with much more variety of shopping, and I asked the CM if the soundtrack CDs were sung in English or Japanese. She said they were in English, with a big smile on her face, thinking I would be happy to hear that I would understand the words. I said, "Oh. Thank-you anyway. I wanted ones that are sung in Japanese." Had to explain why...I already had them all in English...I'm looking for OTHER languages.

Speaking of which...I'm still looking for The Little Mermaid in Esperanto and Hunchback in Pig Latin....

Oh, and TOTALLY off topic, but do you know who is a REALLY popular character at The Disney Stores in Japan? Orange Bird!!! I couldn't believe it! I wound up getting an Orange Bird frame, ceramic figurine and a mug with him on it. Pity the Orange Bird clothing was only in little kids sizes.

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

Y'know, you may be right .

But hey, it could be worse...I could still be collecting pins . I've got 5,000 of them....but after collecting them since 1992, I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago.

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

There's hope, but it involves sitting in the parking lot of the TTC...overnight...in the summer....with the car and air conditioner off....and trying to sleep....sitting up....with the windows open...in the heat....and humidity....and the sounds of the hundreds of non-sleeping people all around you...talking...singing...yelling...just to make sure that you're one of the first 250 people to get the 500 Ltd Ed pin with Tinkerbell on it...

And then you look at your husband at 4 o'clock in the morning and say, "I don't want to do this anymore."

And you don't.

Good luck.

-Sharon-

micca

Sharon I'm not what you'd call a "regular" here, but I am sure glad to see you're back. :) I always enjoy reading your posts.