"Where Magic Lives" Music ID?

WeirdOne

You know on the WDW homepage that Flash movie where it shows all the parks and if you have your music on, it has that "Where Magic Lives" theme(?). I'll provide a link so everyone knows what I'm talking about.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/index

UGH! For once WDW has a decent theme and I don't know WHAT it is. Where can I get a copy of this song? - The WeirdOne :D

Your point is exactly why I don't like the theme! ;D

If it has no song to it, it has no real meaning. . . and therefore...it's just "music". . . not saying that's bad. But not for a "WDW Theme."

My vote still goes for "When You Wish Upon a Star." ;D

Same kinda thing with Horizons v. Mission Space: Theme song put into area loop where as Mission Space is just a bunch of synthesized music to no "meaning".

Dr. Know

Well, I don't agree with you entirely, Grizz.. I don't think vocal music is automatically superior to non-vocal, in its ability to convey meaning... music can be patriotic, heroic, romantic, etc., all without words. Some of my favorite Disney park music consists of the non-vocal, though strongly thematic, pieces by Bruce Broughton..

:)

WeirdOne

So noone can give me an ID or anything? It's just something I want in my collection but have no way of ripping it.

Grizz, to be honest, as much as this is music, I do like it because I think it is very magical and really does have the "Where Magic Lives" feel to me. Anyways, that's a whole 'nother discussion.

So, any ID's or anything. - The WeirdOne :D

xfkirsten

Hmm. For some reason I thought this track was on the "Where the Magic Lives" CD. I know there's full copies of it floating around, coming in at 2:13. It starts with a version with spoken words, like one of the ads, then repeats itself in a variation or two without words. I really am not sure where this track originated from, though, or if someone just ripped the sound off the ads. Doesn't sound like it, and the sound quality is excellent.

-Kirsten

Hmm. For some reason I thought this track was on the "Where the Magic Lives" CD. I know there's full copies of it floating around, coming in at 2:13. It starts with a version with spoken words, like one of the ads, then repeats itself in a variation or two without words. I really am not sure where this track originated from, though, or if someone just ripped the sound off the ads. Doesn't sound like it, and the sound quality is excellent.

-Kirsten

What is the title of the file you have seen floating around?

So noone can give me an ID or anything? It's just something I want in my collection but have no way of ripping it.

Grizz, to be honest, as much as this is music, I do like it because I think it is very magical and really does have the "Where Magic Lives" feel to me. Anyways, that's a whole 'nother discussion.

So, any ID's or anything. - The WeirdOne :D

Ah, well too bad because now it's MAGICAL GATHERINGS!!

;D :p

Zarpman

Get the Walt Disney World planning video. The song is played behind the main menu. It's the same as the version floating around in MP3 format on the net.

The MP3 floating around that is 2:12 is my rip! I ripped it off the WDW Planner DVD. Do you have aim, I can send it to you. The first part has the lyrics and the second part is instrumental.

Title: Where Magic Lives
Length: 2:12
Bit rate: 320K/bps
File Size: 5.05MB

The MP3 floating around that is 2:12 is my rip! I ripped it off the WDW Planner DVD. Do you have aim, I can send it to you. The first part has the lyrics and the second part is instrumental.

Title: Where Magic Lives
Length: 2:12
Bit rate: 320K/bps
File Size: 5.05MB

Hi just incase you didnt see it, I always forget we can message on here, I sent you a message with my aol messenger name. I would like to get that file if possible

Thanks

Steve