Where Does this Song Come From?

DisneyChris

From the ITunes Walt Disney Records Archive Collection, Volume One, there is a song called Saddle Up sung by Thurl Ravenscroft. Where does this song come from? What year was it released? If anyone knows, please fill me in.

From the ITunes Walt Disney Records Archive Collection, Volume One, there is a song called Saddle Up sung by Thurl Ravenscroft. Where does this song come from? What year was it released? If anyone knows, please fill me in.

Disneyland LP "This Was the West" (1958). Stan Jones wrote many western songs for the Disney TV series (not sure which one this was from - if any).

DisneyChris

Does anyone know whether or not this was from one of Disney's TV westerns shown on the anthology series? If the album was released in 1958, it could be from Andy Burnette. I have never seen all the episodes of that series, so it is quite possible. Swamp Fox and Texas John Slauter didn't come till after 58. Does anyone have any further information? A Deffinative answer whether this was written just for the album, or if it came from something else?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Stan's biography mentions the song but doesn't mention it as a theme but specifies Cheyenne as a TV series theme.
http://www.westernmusic.com/performers/hof-jones-stan.html
I would think that, had it been a TV theme, it would have been mentioned?
Pure guess of course.
I spent some time searching the internet (as I am sure you have) without finding any reference to it as a TV theme. :mellow:

Does anyone know whether or not this was from one of Disney's TV westerns shown on the anthology series? If the album was released in 1958, it could be from Andy Burnette. I have never seen all the episodes of that series, so it is quite possible. Swamp Fox and Texas John Slauter didn't come till after 58. Does anyone have any further information? A Deffinative answer whether this was written just for the album, or if it came from something else?

When I listen to the album and read the liner notes, it looks like this song was written for the album and not for a TV series. Each song on this album has a long descriptive story about it and how it relates to the Old West. I do not think any of the songs on this album were from a Disney show.

I just uploaded the album to the "Ears" record player, so you can hear all the songs.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Should have known you would have had the album :mellow:
Thanks for letting us hear it.
It's a cracker!

DisneyChris

Thanks for solving the mystery everyone. I have been wondering that for a very long time, but kept forgetting to ask.

I love hearing Tutti's Trumpets in "Saddle Up". I can see why you thought it might be a TV Theme song. B)

Just listened to "Coffin in the Cabin" again. What a haunting song :mellow: