What WDW Peoplemover Pre-1992 Tracks Are These?

raphdude

HI all,

I've been trying to find these two tracks for a long time. These samples were taken from a 1991 ridethru on the WDW Wedway peoplemover in 1991(thanks widenyourworld!) . The first track played between Source Queues F and G. And the second one played right before the Monorail song. If anyone could please tell me their names and where I could possibly find them, I'd be very grateful! I've been wanted to add them to my peoplemover loop for years!

Many Thanks,
Eric

[Samples are no longer available. —Admin]

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I can't help you here, Eric, but #2 is one of my holy grails when it comes to Disney theme park music!

As I recall, and others will be able to provide better information, selections from the Capitol Media Music production music library were used at one time to underscore the ride. So it's quite possible that these two mystery tracks are two such selections.

Best of luck in your search and please do report back with any information!

Eric:

Those two WEDWAY PEOPLEMOVER tracks are indeed from the old Capitol Records Media Music series. The series was done from 1967 thru the 1980's and are long out of production. The over those years there were over one hundred separate record albums (a few were released on Reel-to-Reel under the Capitol High-Q professional series) These are very hard to find these days, as radio and production companies didn't OWN the albums but basically RENTED them----Capitol records was very strict on this, and usage forms were required to be reported any time a selection is used. -the same way production music is done today

The two tracks you have are from two different series about 3-4 years apart. Eventually I'll post more detailed info on these tracks on my blog : TOMORROWLOUNGE.

Here are the names for the tracks you've posted:

PeopleMover #1 "OUT DOOR PEOPLE #1" (1:40)

PeopleMover #2 "Neutral Strings #3" (2:04)

***note the running times listed are the original source album times, Jack Wagner did edit some of the final PeopleMover tracks at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Mike
DL FLIGHT 295

Club 33

Playlist Author
Thanks for the great info! Can't wait to hear more. I've been wanting to try and track down some of the original media music albums these tracks are from, but haven't been able to find any info. Do you know which albums in the series the tracks are pulled from?

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Wow! Let me add my thanks for the fantastic information, Mike! I look forward to the more detailed info.

It's funny how just knowing the name of the track I've been searching for these many years is almost as good as actually locating the track... almost. B)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Mike: It's great to see you posting again here. The information you provide is always fantastic and fascinating!

Club 33: Mike has discussed the source material for the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom PeopleMovers in several past discussions:

[post=12797]Identify Music from WDW Peoplemover[/post]

[post=12335]Library / Production Music[/post]

[post=8060]Peoplemover Source Music Details[/post]

I've also been working on this grail for awhile. Based on several recordings of the WEDWay PeopleMover, here is my current "working playlist":

WEDWay PeopleMover
- approximate running time: 14.00

01. Monorail Song / Nation on Wheels - approx. 03.26
02. Unknown A - approx. - 02.23
03. Unknown B (aka Cue F) - approx. 02.21
04. Unknown C - approx. 02.01
05. Unknown D - approx. 01.54
06. People of Leisure (or is this Neutral Strings #3?) (aka Limo 12) - approx. 01.38

Some additional notes: Track #3 - "Unknown B" can be found among the set of PeopleMover alphabetically labeled cues. Track #6 appears as track #12 in the old Superstar Limo queue loop, which was (to the best of my knowledge) composed of Capitol Media Music tracks. I labeled track #6 as "People of Leisure" based on the discussion "Identify music from WDW Peoplemover" linked to above. But "Peoplemover #2" - which Mike IDed as "Neutral Strings #3 - is clearly what I thought was "People of Leisure," you can hear the first couple bars of the "Monorail Song" at the end of raphdude's clip.

I do have an additional question: Was the PeopleMover music we're talking about only used on the PeopleMover "level" of Tomorrowland? It is clearly heard in the 1991 recording, which makes me wonder when the "New Age" Tomorrowland loop was installed. Did the "New Age" loop just migrate up to the PeopleMover "level" when the original music was retired?

As always, any additional information is appreciated.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
06. People of Leisure (or is this Neutral Strings #3?) (aka Limo 12) - approx. 01.38
Track #6 appears as track #12 in the old Superstar Limo queue loop, which was (to the best of my knowledge) composed of Capitol Media Music tracks. I labeled track #6 as "People of Leisure" based on the discussion "Identify music from WDW Peoplemover" linked to above. But "Peoplemover #2" - which Mike IDed as "Neutral Strings #3 - is clearly what I thought was "People of Leisure," you can hear the first couple bars of the "Monorail Song" at the end of raphdude's clip.

The clip I posted in the "[post=12779]Identify Music from WDW Peoplemover[/post]" thread was definitely the same music heard in [member=raphdude]'s sample #2 above; HOWEVER, it was in a different location along the WEDWAY track. [member=raphdude]'s clip appears to have it being played right as you come out of Space Mountain, whereas in the clip I posted (which is from a recording of an earlier version of the ride - early to mid 80s), it was heard as you rounded the corner and passed the CircleVision theater. This latter location is where I always remembered hearing it, whether actually on the ride or entering Tomorrowland.

This doesn't clear up the track name issue, but I thought I'd just confuse things even more. ;)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
It is my understanding that the tracks did not play in specific locations but rather composed a loop of music used along the PeopleMover track. In other words, I have three different recordings of the WEDWay PeopleMover narration, and the music starts at a different spot in each one but runs in the same order.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
It is my understanding that the tracks did not play in specific locations but rather composed a loop of music used along the PeopleMover track. In other words, I have three different recordings of the WEDWay PeopleMover narration, and the music starts at a different spot in each one but runs in the same order.

Ah, my mistake then! :blush: For some reason, though, I always attributed the #2 sample above to that specific location near the CircleVision theater. I must have heard it there once, and it made some sort of impression on me.

Club 33

Playlist Author
I've been doing some hunting around and I've been looking at dittybase.com- it allows one to search production music librarys and much of the music in question seems to be here. I found the Tom Elliot tracks, as well as the "Today's Action" tracks which seem to have been composed by Neil Amsterdamn, although frustratingly the exact tracks we're looking for don't seem to be there (other tracks from the same set are though and the style is exactly the same, not to mention the title info).

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
What an absolute treasure trove of tracks, Club 33!!! :D Thanks for sharing this site with us. It's too bad that "People of Leisure" isn't among the bunch...

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Club 33: Thanks for pointing us to Dittybase!!

I spent a full day listening to tracks on the website. Looks like when Ole Georg Records "bought" the old Capitol Media Music tracks, they did not release (or buy) all of them. For example, there are only some of the "Commercial Life" tracks (#1, #2, #3, #7, #8, #9) and only a few of the "Neutral Strings" tracks (#1, #3, #8). Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for the actual LPs if I want to find the other tracks and hopefully determine the additional PeopleMover track titles.

For now, here is my PeopleMover "score-card":

For the Cues labeled A-Q . . .

Cue A: A Month in Harmony #3
Cue B: A Month in Harmony #5

Cue D: Today's Action #10

Cue G: Industry in Motion #1

Cue I: Industry in Motion #4

For the WEDWay PeopleMover loop . . .

01. Monorail Song / Nation on Wheels
02. Unknown A
03. Unknown B (Cue F)
04. Neutral Strings #3
05. Unknown D
05. Outdoor Life #1

So now I have no idea what track is supposed to be "People of Leisure." thx99: Do you have a sample of that tune?

Any additional information is appreciated!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
So now I have no idea what track is supposed to be "People of Leisure."

"Outdoor Life #1" is the track I was looking for, which has been previously ID'ed as "People of Leisure" and "Neutral Strings #3", so that mystery is solved!! Thanks for the great work, wedroy1923!

(Is it possible that the tracks labeled with the #'s are formatted as album title and track number, as opposed to the actual track name? Just a thought.)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
(Is it possible that the tracks labeled with the #'s are formatted as album title and track number, as opposed to the actual track name? Just a thought.)

I don't think that's the case. I own a couple of the old Capitol Media Music records, and both are titled the same way: same titles, different numbers.

raphdude

Thanks Club 33 for the dittybase site info. I can't believe I actually listened to these two tracks online yesterday. Thanks thx99 and wedroy1923 for the info too. I wondered if Ole Georg had re-titled the track names? I found another Tom Elliot track from the Disneyland >1976 peoplemover ride. It's called "It's Sparkling".

Club 33

Playlist Author
So,

I'm working on a project to try and get these tracks licensed for release. Don't have more details than that to share at the moment, but, I've just recieved a call today from the guy at OGR, who says he actually worked on the licensing with Jack Wagner way back when. With any luck he'll be able to confirm, or at least help figure out, which tracks were used.

Stay tuned.

Club 33

Playlist Author
I've also been working on this grail for awhile. Based on several recordings of the WEDWay PeopleMover, here is my current "working playlist":
01. Monorail Song / Nation on Wheels
02. Unknown A
03. Unknown B (Cue F)
04. Neutral Strings #3
05. Unknown D
05. Outdoor Life #1

So now I have no idea what track is supposed to be "People of Leisure." thx99: Do you have a sample of that tune?

Any additional information is appreciated!

I'm a little confused- what era is this list specifically supposed to represent?

I have a collection of live Disneyland Peoplemover recordings, and I've been going through and listening for what music plays in each.

In one recording, labelled as "Full Attraction - 1976 July" and running 11:22, the following music plays:

Unknown 1
Source Queue P
Unknown 2
Source Queue D
A Month in Harmony #3
Source Queue C
Source Queue N

Another recording, labeled "Full Attraction - 1986", runs 16:40 and contains the following tracks:

A Month in Harmony #3
A Month in Harmony #4
Source Queue C
Source Queue D
Source Queue E
Source Queue C (repeat)
Source Queue N

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Club 33: I've been working with a number of live recordings, the latest being from 1991. No single one provides a complete representation of what I am coming to think constitutes "the loop," but based on multiple recordings, those six tracks are what I've determined are the "playlist" for the WEDWay PeopleMover loop, probably from when the attraction opened in 1975 to at least 1991.

This seems to correspond with the information DL Flight 295 provided in this discussion: PeopleMover Source Music Details

It is my understanding that the Disneyland PeopleMover music was played on-board the vehicles themselves, unlike the WEDWay PeopleMover, where I believe the music played along the track. The reason I say that about the WEDWay PeopleMover is that all of my recordings - which cover beginning to end of the ride - start and end at different points in "the loop."

Your post above seems to indicate there were at least two different versions of the Disneyland PeopleMover music. Is that correct?

Club 33

Playlist Author
I suppose that makes sense. The recordings I have from the DL Peoplemover seem to be induction recordings (odd to say but completely possible) and yes there were speakers in the cars.

As I said, I'm hoping my new contact at OGR will be able to find out exactly which tracks Wagner licensed for use at the parks- there must be a record of that somewhere.

In terms of getting the tracks released, then, it's a bit more difficult, only because there is not- at least in the case of Disneyland's Peoplemover- one loop to rule them all. It will probably be a matter of choosing a selection of tracks rather than trying to reconstruct exactly any one particular incarnation of the loop. And there are, of course, shared tracks amongst all the loops thus far identified.