What is the reason for the OA not being avalible?

I don?t really know what you mean. The albums haven?t been held up. They?re out and several people have already picked a few copies up.

If you mean the delay from the street date to the time they appeared on the shelves, I did forewarn people in this post ?

The release date is scheduled for April 8th ? whether they get put up on the shelves is another matter, but that is the date that I have.

When the albums make it to the stores is up to the parks.

But I believe that the albums are available now.

Randy

Gurgitoy2

Randy really has no control on what the parks do with the OA's. WDR and the "Disney Parks" are totally separate entities, and if a release date is posted, don't take that as gospel that the parks will stick to that. This is true of retail in general. People have been complaining that the parks have been very lax about when and where they finally release the CD's, but we have to remember that to them, this is not a big deal. There is a general street date, but the CD's are just another line of merch to fill the shelves. They aren't meant to be a release event or anything like that. In fact, it seem some places are waiting for older stock to move first before putting out the new ones. The CD is just like another plush or T-shirt, so they don't make a big deal about a new one being availible. Of course we think differently! :)

And yes, both the DL and WDW albums are availible now, so there shouldn't be any more issues...unless they manage to sell out or something.

cschurr

Oh, and did we ever see a track listing for the Disneyland OA? I haven't been play too much attention, cuz the accident has now completely wiped out my Disney music funds for . . . awhile. ;D But still, I'm still curious!

Gurgitoy2

Well, the tracklist hasn't been posted fully, but Randy posted the new tracks. Basically, the CD is the same as the previous OA (the "Remember the Moments" one), but there are two new tracks, and a few missing ones. I'm not sure of the placement of the new stuff, but here is my guess. I'll know for sure once my copy arrives in the mail any day now!

(correction...Almandot already posted the info in the "Official Album" topic. So, my list below is redundant...yeah.)

Here's the two new ones.
DISNEYLAND
?The Happiest Place On Earth? (2:38) ? Grand Marshall Pre-Parade
?Submarine Voyage? (15:12) ? Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

Here's the full tracklist...
DISC ONE:

DISNEYLAND PARK

Main Street
1. All Aboard! ? Main Street Station
2. ?At The Happiest Place On Earth? (2:38) ? Grand Marshall Pre-Parade

Adventureland
3. The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room ? The Enchanted Tiki Room
4. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye - The Indiana Jones Adventure
5. Tarzan Medley - Tarzan?s Treehouse

New Orleans Square
6. Swanee River ? The Royale Street Bachelors
7. Yo Ho (A Pirate?s Life For Me) ? The Pirates of the Caribbean
8. Grim Grinning Ghosts ? The Haunted Mansion

Critter Country
9. Splash Mountain Medley ? Splash Mountain
10. Sooner or Later ? Critter Country Area Music
11. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Frontierland
12. A Cowboy Needs a Horse - Frontierland Area Music

Fantasyland
13. Once Upon a Dream ? King Arthur?s Carousel
14. The Fantasyland Darkride Suite - Pinocchio's Daring Journey / Peter Pan's Flight / Mr. Toad's Wild Ride / Alice in Wonderland
15. it?s a small world Clock Parade - it?s a small world
16. it?s a small world

Mickey?s Toontown
17. Steamboat Willie - Mickey's Toontown Area Music
18. Roger Rabbit?s Cartoon Spin - Roger Rabbit?s Cartoon Spin

DISC TWO

DISNEYLAND PARK (cont)

Tomorrowland
1. ?Submarine Voyage? (15:12) ? Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
2. Star Tours - Star Tours
3. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
4. Honey I Shrunk the Audience Theme - Honey I Shrunk the Audience
5. Space Mountain - Space Mountain

DISNEY?S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

The Golden State
6. Soarin? ? Soarin? Over California
7. Seasons of the Vine (Medley) - Napa Rose
8. The Bakery Theme ? Boudin Bakery
9. A Bug's Life Suite - A Bug's Land Area Music
10. It's Tough to Be a Bug! - It's Tough to Be a Bug!

Hollywood Pictures Backlot
11. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue - Mike & Sulley to the Rescue
12. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Theme - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Paradise Pier
13. California Screamin? - California Screamin?

DISNEYLAND RESORT

14. Remember, Dreams Come True ? Fireworks Spectacular

cschurr

almandot I don't know what Ben C's problem is ;) but I have a good excuse *BROKEN NECK, BROKEN NECK!* I'm been on heavy-duty drugs!

Or, I just missed it, or I saw it and forgot . . .yea, that is probably it.

Thanks for posting it again!!! ;D

Gurgitoy2

LOL, yeah...my problem is not looking hard enough, I guess. Sorry, Almandot! :)

Oh, and can I plead "insanity" like they do in court? I mean Bill can vouch for me...

oliveirach

I have been trying to find the album on Property and spoke to a woman in mail order who stated that it was now being held at the warehouse and there is no new ship date and she could not let me know when it would be avalible except this system says Late May. If you go anywhere on Property you cant find it.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Oliveirach is correct. The WDW warehouse has approximately 3,500 copies on hand, with an order for another 3,500 copies already placed, but there are 0 (zero, zip, zilch, nada) available for purchase anywhere on property. No one has an explanation. :mad:

almandot

The original poster in this thread was talking about the DL one I believe which is available still as far as I know.

But it's really weird to me how this along with the Event Party cd were released and then out of supply at WDW :p It's like they keep shortchanging what the initial interest will be.

Wow, sorry guys. If that's the case, I don't know what to tell you. People do have the CDs, both Disneyland's and Walt Disney World's, and I've seen posted images of both covers as well as descriptions and critiques of the contents. I wish I had an answer for you, but unfortunately I don't.

Randy

ISTCrew20

I have been trying to find the album on Property and spoke to a woman in mail order who stated that it was now being held at the warehouse and there is no new ship date and she could not let me know when it would be avalible except this system says Late May. If you go anywhere on Property you cant find it.

Chris, it's out. I was able to pick up a few copies two weeks ago.

David S.

Wow, I am really glad I read this forum one night from the Internet cafe in Disney Quest about a week before the release date. That gave me a heads-up that World of Disney had them out a week early, and I immediately bought one.
I haven't seen them anywhere else except World of Disney, and have not seen them there from the official release date until I left town last weekend.

Considering I live in Florida "seasonally", just left, and won't be back until
the fall, it looks like I would have missed getting the album for awhile if it wasn't for the tips on this board, so thanks for the heads up :)

This is my co-favorite WDW OA, along with the Happiest Celebration On Earth one.

That one excelled at blending the "old" and the new, but this one (Four Parks, One World) is my favorite for showcasing the CURRENT state of WDW music, capturing the state of the parks NOW, expanding on the additions made on the "Where Magic Lives" release.

Epcot in particular is very well done. I enjoy the Seas track, and my faves are China and Mexico, which I kept playing over and over. The China score is gorgeous, and Mexico fun, catchy, and festive. It's great to see the left side of World Showcase get acknowledged ;)

I know Randy said there would probably be fewer new additions for awhile. And with the 2 disc format and both discs packed with long running times, there couldn't be much added without losing something.

I would love to see the OA eventually evolve into one disc for each park, which could be sold seperately or as a boxed set featuring all four together.
(The 2-disc OA format could also remain intact as a "highlights" sort of thing)

The one disc for each park format would allow even more material for each park, and while it might sound far-fetched, what gave me the idea was actually the DVD boxed set containing the individual DVDs for each park (also sold seperately) as well as a relatively new boxed set of souvenir books for each park (also sold seperately). This just gave me the idea that the marketing people are finally catching on to marketing the seperate identity of each park rather that just focusing on the resort as one thing.

Just an idea, but I do love the WDW album as is. Congrats to Randy for the new tracks and another excellent release ;)

stevek

The original poster in this thread was talking about the DL one I believe which is available still as far as I know.

But it's really weird to me how this along with the Event Party cd were released and then out of supply at WDW :p It's like they keep shortchanging what the initial interest will be.

The DL cd was in the park on Sunday (I picked up mine) and there were several on the shelf. The woman working there stated it had been selling very well.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The original poster in this thread was talking about the DL one I believe

Actually, he didn't say which of the two albums he was inquiring about. His follow up post, where he says he's trying to find it on property (do Disneylanders say "on property?"), that mail order (instead of "DelivEARS") says it's being held up at the warehouse, and that there is no new ship date, all jives with what is happening at WDW.

almandot

hmm guess you're right heh. when randy talked about the delay in it getting released i linked it up with the issue we had with Disneyland's.

I was at WDW Magic Kingdom last Saturday and I asked about the CD and the CM's all the stores looked at me like "i never heard of that disc, are u sure you have the name correct"?!?!?! I was like it was released this month in the first week, and they checked the computer for the list of stores, and found nothing. My dirty luck :(

I was in World of Disney in Downtown in Disney World on both Sunday 4/20 and Saturday 4/26. I was told by CM's at the information desk in WOD that they were completely out of them and to place an order through Disney Merchandise. By the looks on their faces, I think that had been asked that question a lot. I asked on both days I was there, and I was told the same thing. I also checked in every store that I was in during the week in the parks, resorts, etc. and saw no sign of it. Just as a side note, they were also out of the hardback Pictorial Souvenier books that I wanted to buy on my trip. Just thought you all might like to know.