Welcome to the New Discussion Forum!

trentino

Yes indeed, things sure look different around here!

This is the new Discussion Forum software I've chosen. YaBB SE (Yet another Bulletin Board) is an open source discussion forum written in PHP with a MySQL Server backend.

I have lots of customization and tweaking to do to get everything just right. However, I thought I'd put the new forum up right away (warts and all) so that everyone can get back to business.

Unfortunately all the posts from the old board are still MIA. When my web host provider upgraded their systems last week and moved the site to a new server, they neglected to move the discussion forum files. They've promised that they'll get them back to me -- they just won't give me a clue as to when. They're pretty much swamped with issues right now and I get the feeling that a little site about Disney Music is not at the top of their priority list.

While the board was down, I decided it was time to get a more comprehensive discussion board up and running. When the site first went online in 1997, the focus was the Album Index featuring my comprehensive collection of Disney CDs. I haven't updated the database of CDs for over two years now (since I sold the collection - has it really been that long?) but, thanks to you all, the Discussion Forum is goinging stronger than ever!

This new software will allow for more ways to communicate with each other (including private instant messages) and will allow me to expand in a few areas.

The only feature that this software is missing is a daily email digest feature. That is something I will definately miss. On the other hand, this will also encourage readers (including myself) to visit the site on a daily basis instead of just reading the posts via email. This, in turn, should lead to more posts.

I'll keep you all updated over the next few days and weeks as the board starts to come to life. Please feel free to offer suggestios.

Regards,
Trent

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Trent,

It is wonderful to have the discussion forum back! You don't realize how much something is a part of your daily life until its gone. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Michael

Tink

Yeah! You're back! As an everyday reader but infrequent poster, it is sooo nice to see you back online! Great job with the site, and good luck on getting the archives back! :)

Tink

MikkiMom

I am so glad you are back on-line! I've been quite busy the last few months in my personal life so hadn't been posting but I had finally gotten to the point where I could read all the messages and catch up. Only to find that the board was down! I was checking once or twice every day to see when you'd be back. To paraphrase a current commercial slogan -- "I've gotta have my Disney Music!" Thanks for getting us back on line!

MikkiMom :)

matt d.

Hi Trent!

Whew! I didn't think I was going to make it! But, once again, you've come to my Disney-music-craze rescue!

Thanks for the hard work!

matt d.

SharonKurland

Hi Trent-

Welcome back! You were missed! Boy oh boy, what a surprise THAt was...get back from my honeymoon and one of my favorite boards is toast. Glad to see us all back!

-Sharon-

What !!! We all have to get Newbie next to our handles???

Thanks Trent.. I'll miss the emails but I'd rather check the board.. I have a few topics..let me think...
I'll get back to you.

JNOC
Congrats Sharon!

SharonKurland

Thanks, Jeff. Hawaii was WONDERFUL. We spent 5 days in Maui and then 3 days on the Big Island. This was preceeded by 4 days in WDW after a wedding at Disney's Wedding Pavilion, reception at Living Seas VIP lounge and dessert party at Illuminations. Oh, and a welcome dinner for everyone, the night before, at the Adventurers Club. KUNGALOOSH!

-Sharon-
(Joe's Wife )

trentino

Wow Sharon -- that sounds like quite the wedding! Where did you stay in Maui?? I'm getting married June 1st myself and will also be honeymooning in Maui! We're thinking about going all out and staying at the Kea Lani. No wedding ceremony and reception for us though at WDW though. :'( However, we do plan to take two days on the way back from Hawaii to spend at Disneyland and DCA.

I'm really curious to hear more about your Disney wedding... I'm going to set up a General Discussion forum for non-Disney music topics, would you consider posting a trip report?

Trent

Shane

I too am happy to see the forum back Trent. I may not post all that much, but I've been checking the board every day for almost 3 years. So, I guess that makes me a MMM addictee.
I was a little worried there for the last few days, but nothing compared to last September. I'm not referring to the 9/11 attacks but to the coincidence that my computer picked up a virus & went down 2 days before that. It took more than 2 months for me to finally get eveything running again & to get back to following the forum on a daily basis. By mid-November, I was having some serious withdrawals.
More importantly, I was quite relieved that all of the NYC posters here & a few others I know that live there were okay.
I love the new look. It works great and I hope you get the archives back soon, so I can get to be a whistle or possibly a plunk. (somewhere in there)

SharonKurland

Hi Trent-

Sure, once you put up the General Discussion board, I'll do the best I can. but don't expect much because the whole day is a huge BLUR . BTW CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming nuptuals!

Joe and I stayed at the Rennisance (sp?) in Wailea when we were in Maui...VERY pretty! We went horseback riding into Kilakukala Crater, and went spelunking in a lava tube near Hana (THAT was COOL). Saw lots of beaches and old lava. REALLY nice. Don't forget to go to Hilo Hattie for souveniers!

-Sharon-

MikkiMom

Congratulations to you Sharon (and Joe too). Sounds like a wonderful wedding & honeymoon. I'd love to see pictures and hear all about it.

Congratulations to you too Trent. Are you planning a Disney wedding also??

--Martha

Hiya everybody! ;D This is gonna take some getting used to. Us "old" fellas sometimes take a while to adjust to "change".

Congrats to both Sharon and Trent! Sharon, I thought you'd be honeymooning at the FreshKills!

Hiya Jeff!

I guess I just feel like writing stuff, even though I don't have much to say. It sure was tough to go for awhile without the board. Hope things settle down soon.

Good luck getting things straightened out Jeff! Even if you get the old messages back--do you really think you'll be able to incorporate them into the new format?

Mike

illuminations25

I wondered why I hadn't been getting any emails saying there were new posts to read. ???

Trent, it's great to have you back and a new board to boot.

Glad to be back with everyone discussing the wonderful world of Disney Music! :)

Brandon

trentino

Even if you get the old messages back--do you really think you'll be able to incorporate them into the new format?

Hi Mike,

Good question... I don't know how I'll work that out. There's two ways that I can think of. Leave them all on the old board software and just provide a link to that OR ... Create a new Archives section on this board as well as a special user named Archive. Then I'd recreate each thread by copying and pasting from the old forum format. Only problem with that is you'd have to look inside the message to find out who posted it and the date it was posted. Oh yeah, and it'd be really time consuming too. We'll have to see...

Trent