We Go On - Tokyo Instrumental Version

oldwren

Hi all --

I'm looking for a seemingly obscure piece of music: an upbeat instrumental version of "We Go On" (from Epcot's IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth).

You can hear the track in this video from 34:17-35:46. I reached out to Martin and he said he thought it was from an old Tokyo DisneySea show but wasn't sure beyond that.

I did some digging and found this limited run CD, "Memories of Dreams: Happiness Goes On" sold at Ikspiari at TDR. Tom Bricker at Disney Tourist Blog seems to have picked up a copy of this CD and confirmed it's an instrumental version:

Two of the CDs were exclusive to the shop in Ikspiari, and one of the tracks on the exclusive CD is an instrumental version of “Illuminations: We Go On.” Mind you, this CD is ONLY sold at that one store, in Ikspiari. It cannot be purchased in the US. I thought the track selection was interesting, given that. Perhaps the Illuminations track is or has been used somewhere in Tokyo, too?
I'm not 100% sure these are the same tracks, but it's the best I have at the moment. (I've ruled out it being from "Disney on Classic.")

Does anyone have any more information about this track?

DexterRiley

I'm a bit confused by the mention of "Ikspiari Orgel Collection"...that seems to indicate that it's a music box CD...which this track isn't.

oldwren

I'm a bit confused by the mention of "Ikspiari Orgel Collection"...that seems to indicate that it's a music box CD...which this track isn't.

That was the only mention online I could find of a Japanese version of We Go On. I confirmed with Tom that it isn’t from that CD. Do you know anything more about this track?