WDW Frontierland Music

Paul

The released tracks on the WDW Official Albums (Old Betsy, All Aboard the Mine Train) are not on the disneymusicloops.com WDW listing. Neither are the DL OA tracks (All Aboard the Mine Train, A Cowboy Needs a Horse, Battle Cry of Freedom) on the DL listing. There are some holes on the list. Were these tracks ever used in the parks? Are they current or are the lists too out of date?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
The released tracks on the WDW Official Albums (Old Betsy, All Aboard the Mine Train) are not on the disneymusicloops.com WDW listing. Neither are the DL OA tracks (All Aboard the Mine Train, A Cowboy Needs a Horse, Battle Cry of Freedom) on the DL listing. There are some holes on the list. Were these tracks ever used in the parks? Are they current or are the lists too out of date?

A lot of those tracks are used for the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in DLRP and sections in Fort Comstock.
http://www.magicmusic.net/blog/5/entry-307-frontierland-temporary-combined-playlists/
They also play on BTMR at WDW.
I'm thinking that maybe the CD contains tracks from both the area loop and the BTM loop.
http://www.magicmusic.net/blog/2/entry-8-big-thunder-mountain-railroad-area-music/
http://www.magicmusic.net/blog/2/entry-232-frontierland-area-bgm/
Note the remarks about the previous loop pre-1991

Note that some of the Disneymusicloops listings have inaccuracies in them anyway and can also be out of date. The blogs here are as accurate as is possible and most backed up by reference recordings.

Paul

"Old Betsy" from the Official Albums does not match the Big Thunder Mountain WDWF/DLF tracks. I'm not sure where it is from.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
"Old Betsy" from the Official Albums does not match the Big Thunder Mountain WDWF/DLF tracks. I'm not sure where it is from.

Have you tried the version on the TDL Treasures of Fantasy set?
Which particular official albums are you referring to by the way (I have some, not all though).
The versions from DLRP do match what plays and has been released and they are from WDW loop (as found in the forever tracks).
If I have the album(s) I'll have a listen. I've not noticed it before.

Horizons

Playlist Author

I'm not sure which Official Albums you are referring to. However, the Old Betsy track that has been used on the WDW Official Albums is the same track used in the Big Thunder Mountain Queue. I believe the DLP loop uses two versions of Old Betsy, one being the same.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author

I'm not sure which Official Albums you are referring to. However, the Old Betsy track that has been used on the WDW Official Albums is the same track used in the Big Thunder Mountain Queue. I believe the DLP loop uses two versions of Old Betsy, one being the same.

I "think" the second version of Betsy used in DLRP is from the CBJ but I don't have the CBJ track to hand to confirm and haven't really looked into it as we are more concerned with sources than where else things play (other than for general info).
May that be the one you are comparing to which makes you say they are not the same?

Paul

The Official Album of WDW 2006 contains "Old Betsy". It is different than the WDW/DL Forever tracks. There isn't an "Old Betsy" Track of the Tokyo DL Treasure of Fantasy 1996 that I know of.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
The Official Album of WDW 2006 contains "Old Betsy". It is different than the WDW/DL Forever tracks. There isn't an "Old Betsy" Track of the Tokyo DL Treasure of Fantasy 1996 that I know of.

Oops, my mistake. You are quite right, it's not on that one - it's all aboard the mine train. :blush:
Sorry, don't have the 2006 album so can't compare it to anything. The length of the track appears to match the Frontierland track and it says it's from "Frontierland" on the album cover.

In what way does it differ from the BTM queue version?

Paul

Old Betsy from the OA is piano.

Old Betsy from the Forever tracks is multiple instruments in the style of the other Big Thunder tracks.

Thanks for your help and interest.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Old Betsy from the OA is piano.

Old Betsy from the Forever tracks is multiple instruments in the style of the other Big Thunder tracks.

Thanks for your help and interest.

Sounds more like something from one of the restaurants if it's piano (Honky Tonk style rather than classical, I presume)?
Could you post a 30 second clip (no longer than that please) so we could hear it?
That is permitted here for ID purposes.
The BTM version does start with piano but then the other instruments kick in after the intro. The CBJ version is heavy on plucked banjo and harmonica.
I'm not familiar with any restaurant loops from the US parks and I've not heard a piano-only version at DLRP (but there are still 3 restaurants on our list to investigate in Frontierland so it's possible).
It's a wonder nobody else has noticed it.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I apologize I reversed the tracks. The WDW 2006 OA Old Betsy is identical to the DL Forever track. The WDW Forever track is different - I attached the 30 sec audio. So, is the WDW Forever track used at WDW or is the WDW 2006 OA track used?

View attachment 643

I don't hear a difference between the DL and WDW versions I have and the waveforms look identical in Audition (as does the DLRP version 1).

What's the track you posted. It's not from the Forever project (DL or WDW) nor the CBJ (DLRP version 2).
If that's the album track it matches nothing I have at all (maybe it was redone for the album?).
Anyway, the track clip doesn't play in the parks AFAIK.
Horizons, can you confirm?

Paul

It was a file I received labeled WDW Forever but it is possible the label was not correct. The track length is 1:47. It's not from the Country Bear Jamboree album/CD.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
It was a file I received labeled WDW Forever but it is possible the label was not correct. The track length is 1:47.

The DL Forever track is 1:26. The WDW Forever track sounds identical, but it's padded with a couple of seconds of silence, bringing its total length to 1:29. The Forever track doesn't sound anything like the sample you posted here.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
It was a file I received labeled WDW Forever but it is possible the label was not correct. The track length is 1:47. It's not from the Country Bear Jamboree album/CD.

OK, to recap.
The WDW Forever and DL Forever (and the DLRP) tracks are all the same so the file you have is wrongly labeled.
As far as I know, your file doesn't play in any of the above parks.

It's also, as you say, not from the CBJ.
I've not heard of the loops being replaced by newer versions either.
I don't know what plays in the Asian parks at present but I was under the impression that the WDW etc tracks were taken from those recorded for Tokyo around 1991 so Tokyo should play the same..
I can confirm that the waveform is totally different from all the above so it's a "new" version that I haven't heard before.
It's still possible it's from a restaurant loop somewhere though.
It may even have nothing to do with the parks as the tune is from Davy Crockett so it may well have been recorded by other people (look how many recordings by orchestras there of Disney tunes that have nothing to do with any park).
Still, it's keeping my little grey cells working :p

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
The version of Old Betsy in your clip is used in multiple places, so I cannot provide information strictly about its origins. It is currently heard in the Magic Kingdom Main Entrance area loop and formally in the Disneyland Main Entrance area loop. It was also featured in the "Imagineering the Dream" exhibit at Tokyo Disneyland's Disney Gallery. I'm sure there are other places I am forgetting, but that should provide some help.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Oh good. I had been thinking about Tokyo as they release so much on park cds and it does sound like a CD rip.
I'd bet on it being from a Tokyo one and (as it's the same title) been marked (wrongly) as WDW Forever.
Not sure if I have either of the other sources so probably wouldn't know it.
I can relax now, thanks. ;)

Paul

Has there ever been a release of the "Ballad of Davy Crocket" instrumental track that plays in Frontierland? The releases on the Official Albums in the past have always been the classic vocal track. Or any release of the track from the other parks (Tokyo, Paris,...)?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I've not heard one and not in my album collection (but I don't have everything).
There may possibly be a medley from the areas it's used in which contain it but not on anything I have though.
An instrumental version from the shooting gallery (with SFX) was around but it's not the same version.
The version from Paris (Frontierland en Musique) is a vocal one.
No idea about the Asian parks.