WDW - Frontierland BGM History

Horizons

Playlist Author
Based on what I have been able to pull together from earlier posts, there have been three BGMs in Frontierland.

1971 - 1976: I have a copy that was labeled as the 1971 BGM and runs 44:50 (128k bit rate). My copy has an abrupt ending, so I don't know how much of the audio is missing. There are also 20 separate tracks that are each labeled "1973 Area Music" and comprise the entire 44:50 loop, albeit in a higher bit rate.

1976 - 1991: I know nothing about this version, other than it also played in DL at the now defunct "Meet Chip & Dale" attraction. Does anyone know if this version has surfaced or have any other details about it?

1991 - Current: A copy that runs 59:37 is widely circulating. Just for those keeping track, this music also plays in the waiting area for Country Bear Jamboree.

Any other details would be appreciated.

X-S Tech

Where was this "Meet Chip and Dale" thing at Disneyland? If it was just a standard meet and greet I find it hard to believe it would have a unique music loop unless that loop was already playing somewhere nearby. Just curious.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Here are the two earlier posts on this topic:

-------------------------
I've forgotten where the original thread was for this.but a interesting side note: in the late 90's at Disneyland there was a meet & greet Chip and Dale area near El Zocolo in Frontierland..........people could pose for pixs with these two while they were dressed up as a sherrif and a bandit..........ANYWAY.......special area music would play while the visit was going on......AND is was the longer 1975 WDW Frontierland background music.
Mighty Dog and all!!!

--------------------------

TW........if anyone recorded the area music from Disneyland's "Meet Chip & Dale" in Frontierland...........that music is the Walt Disney World
Frontierland area BGM that played from 1976 - 1991-92.
The '76 WDW Frontierland tracks are almost twice as long as the original 1973 WDW Frontierland tracks.

By the mid 70's Disney parks started using Tape-a-Thons
.........they allowed for a much longer running time.

ALWEG69

I posted much of the early info on the WDW Frontierland Background music--I've had to re-register as I've long forgotten what my usernames were. Anyway, yes.....in the mid/late 90's Disneyland used one of the larger WDW Frontierland BGMs as the background music for Meet Chip & Dale......it took place at El Zocolo DL's Frontierland's central plaza. It was natural for Disneyland and WDW to use common tracks.most of these wwre all done during Jack Wagners time and he sent all his mixes to th Sound Deptmartment at Disneyland.....at that time Disneyland house the REELS for Disneyland, WDW, and even Tokyo Disneyland. Duplicates would be made
for each park as they needed them. For a short time the Entertainment music reel storage was house in the old que area of Mission To Mars before being sent to the
BiG D Studio at WDW.

I've since learned there were some other variations of the WDW's Frontierland's area music. One stand out was the Frontierland entry "bridge"....most off WDW's land had entry bridges, and their own BGM. Frontierland's was really a small series of planks over the "missisippi stream" between Liberty Sqaure-anyway this also had it's own music. The area around Pecos Bill cafe also had it;s own music-I don't have my notes here.I'll post again

ALWEG69
(mike)

Horizons

Playlist Author
Great, more audio to add to the want list.

Any additional information you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Huge bump...but just posted on ABMDP was something called "Magic Kingdom - Frontierland - Area Music". It runs for 59.14 and has a 192 kbps bit rate. Does anyone know anything about this?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I was going to have a listen but it seems you need their software to get it and, to get that, you need to sign up (with credit card details) for a free 14 day trial and then have to pay monthly to get it.
I don't think so.
I take it there's no free way of downloading from there?
Maybe some kind person will download it and share it with the rest of us (if it's not the current loop with the film scores, which are available commercially, of course) via Rodentsections?

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I was going to have a listen but it seems you need their software to get it and, to get that, you need to sign up (with credit card details) for a free 14 day trial and then have to pay monthly to get it.
I don't think so.
I take it there's no free way of downloading from there?
Maybe some kind person will download it and share it with the rest of us (if it's not the current loop with the film scores, which are available commercially, of course) via Rodentsections?

My ISP has free Usenet access, and I use Shemes GrabIt for downloads. I used to use Windows Mail, but that was a pain in the back side and frequently slowed down my system.

It seems to have movie scores in it, but has the quality of an induction recording.