WDW Fantasyland to Liberty Square Music Transition

While perusing "The Imagineering Field Guide to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World" this morning I came across this interesting tidbit about the transition between Fantasyland and Liberty Square. According to the book, a unique BGM track plays under the 'bridge' (part of the Columbia Harbor House dining area) that separates the two lands. (If you're not sure where I am here, imagine passing through Fantasyland down the slight incline with Peter Pan's Flight on your left and the old Skyway to Tomorrowland Swiss chalet on your right; or, alternatively, passing through Liberty Square with the Haunted Mansion on your far left and and the Columbia Harbor House restaurant at your right.)

In all of my hours of videotape and footsteps here I can't recall a separate BGM for just this area. Can anyone confirm this is true? Thanks.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
This might help or just confuse the matter - the last time I was at the Magic Kingdom, and it's been about four years ago, I heard the old, pre-rehab 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea queue tracks. Can anyone back this up? And it was just confined to that small area - I don't think I heard it on the Liberty Square side of the underpass.

wedroy1923

X-S Tech

Can't confirm or deny, but I know a lot of those 20K queue tracks are used elsewhere as "nautical" themes. I seem to remember counting 4 different loops at DLP that used one version of "Drunken Sailor".

Horizons

Playlist Author
It does sound like a completely different loop than either the Liberty Square or Fantasyland BGMs.

Horizons

Playlist Author
It's not in an ideal spot to grab a recording. But I'll try and take a closer listen and let you know. I am now very familiar with the Liberty Square BGM so I'll be able to tell what, if anything, is included from that loop.

In a vacuum anything will pass for an intelligent conversation; in the absence of a detailed discussion of 5th amendment rights, d?tente and its impact on historical deconstruction imperial colonialism, and Puccini's influence on Karl Barth this will have to do. Plus, I really like it!

And, yes, it might seem rather risqu? not to surround that particular phrase with commas it's because I chose to use it as a dependent and not an independent clause. It's good to know, however, that no one's safe.

And, furthermore, I'm not sure it's sad that we've resorted to writing things like 'Dust: The Archive and Cultural History (Encounters)'; as someone who once aspired to be a historian I feel like I'm moonlighting as one whenever an article such as FoxxFur's encroaches on my title as the 'King of Trivial Information'.

BLM07

MTV sucks now. Britney spears and kayne west suck.