WDW Dining Reservations

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm on hold with Disney Dining. Has anyone recorded the background loop that you hear while on hold? Seems like an induction recording would be fairly easy to get...

[Sorry, my attempt at some humor]

Club 33

Playlist Author
I've thought about this. Though personally I like the hold loop for Disneyland better... just sayin'.

What are you making reservations for Horizons?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I've thought about this. Though personally I like the hold loop for Disneyland better... just sayin'.
:lol: I was only joking! :lol: The music is just from the OA, with some dialog mixed between.

What are you making reservations for Horizons?
I seem to have to make reservations in advance for some of my favorite places to eat due to the popularity of the dining program.

almandot

And you're not using the online reservation system yet?:p You just like to listen to the hold music huh.

Horizons

Playlist Author
And you're not using the online reservation system yet?:p You just like to listen to the hold music huh.
Yes, I like being on hold. Actually, I've used the online system a few times. My fear is that it just becomes even harder to book a reservation. As an example, using the online and phone system, I tried making reservations for 'Ohana on a Saturday in the month of September. So on the appropriate 90 day mark, I would call in the morning between 7 -7:30am. I could never get a reservation (for any time) and I tried every Saturday in the month. This has never happened to me before. Why Disney doesn't require a credit card guarantee is beyond me.

That was my fear exactly, Horizons. Now you can only schedule 90 days in advance instead of the 180 days it used to be, which I think will only make the problem worse. I have to make some reservations next week for an upcoming trip in October. I hate to see how hard it might be. :p

Club 33

Playlist Author
I would call in the morning between 7 -7:30am. I could never get a reservation (for any time) and I tried every Saturday in the month. This has never happened to me before. Why Disney doesn't require a credit card guarantee is beyond me.

Pssshhtt- you shoulda seen me calling at 7:00 to make Fireworks Dessert Party reservations- and I'm on West Coast Time!

One thing to remember, in addition to the online reservation system, is that Disney resort guests are allowed to make reservations for their entire trip 90 days from the first day of the trip, or more specifically they are allowed 90 days + 10. So if you call 90 days in advance the resort guests have already had a 10 day jump on you.

Horizons

Playlist Author
One thing to remember, in addition to the online reservation system, is that Disney resort guests are allowed to make reservations for their entire trip 90 days from the first day of the trip, or more specifically they are allowed 90 days + 10. So if you call 90 days in advance the resort guests have already had a 10 day jump on you.
This has been the rule for a number of years. And, as I have said, I never had a problem getting a reservation I wanted. I found it very frustrating that I couldn't get a single time on any Saturday in September (trying on four different dates to do so).

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I tried making reservations for 'Ohana on a Saturday in the month of September.
If it makes you feel any better, I walked up to 'Ohana's podium at 6:30 PM on July 3rd, asked for a table, was told there could be a 60-90 minute wait, but was seated by the window eating pineapple coconut bread a mere 20 minutes later.

Why Disney doesn't require a credit card guarantee is beyond me.
That's for sure. There are people on various message boards bragging about how they've made eleventy-seven different dining reservations for each day/night of their stay. Heck, since there are no consequences for not showing up, I would recommend that everyone else do the same. Who the hell knows where or what they want to eat 90 days in advance?!

almandot

still bugs the crap out of me when I called and wanted to change a reservation to something else, asked to cancel my old one, and was told not to worry I didn't need to cancel I could just not show up. I made her cancel it(who knows if she actually did).

Horizons

Playlist Author
If it makes you feel any better, I walked up to 'Ohana's podium at 6:30 PM on July 3rd, asked for a table, was told there could be a 60-90 minute wait, but was seated by the window eating pineapple coconut bread a mere 20 minutes later.
Why didn't you stop by and say hello? :p I was there at the same time, although not eating pineapple coconut bread, as I am not a fan.

Do you remember the coconut ice cream they use to sell? That stuff was out of this world. Let's start a petition to have them bring it back.

almandot

if i were blindly guessing without listening to it i'd guess 2005's (like candy cauldron at DTD uses). maybe they upgraded to 2006 though heh.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Why Disney doesn't require a credit card guarantee is beyond me.
That's for sure. There are people on various message boards bragging about how they've made eleventy-seven different dining reservations for each day/night of their stay. Heck, since there are no consequences for not showing up, I would recommend that everyone else do the same. Who the hell knows where or what they want to eat 90 days in advance?!
For what it's worth, I shot off an email to WDW Guest Communications requesting that all reservations require a credit card guarantee.

Not a bad idea! I just had to make a reservation with a pre-purchase by credit card. You usually have until 24 hours of the reservation time to cancel and not be charged or get a refund if you had to pay in advance. It gives those who are serious about the reservation a chance to get it and it would keep those who are not serious about the reservation from just holding a spot.