Walt Disney Treasures DVDs question

Atlantis

Hi everyone,

Would one of you please post a list of the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs that have been coming out in recent years? Or, if there's a list online somewhere, can you direct me to it?

Also, are these "limited editions"? How hard do you think it would be to get some of the previously-released ones?

Thank you so much!
Robert

Rich T.

Robert,

The Previously released "Treasures" collections are

Series 1

Mickey Mouse in Black and White
Silly Symphonies
Disneyland U.S.A.
Davey Crockett

Series 2

The Complete Goofy
Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. 1
Behind the Scenes - Walt Disney Studios

The current series consists of

Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. 2
The Chronological Donald Vol. 1
Tomorrowland: Disney in Space and Beyond
On the Front Lines

They are all limited editions, but right now Amazon has them all listed for sale. You might also find them where you might not normally look for DVD's. Check the kids video section at Borders or any local Mom & Pop store that stocks DVDs.

They're all fantastic and well worth getting!

Eddie Valiant

You can also try Ebay as I've seen them listed there from time to time. And rumor has it [courtesy of the Digital Bits website] that wave 4 is coming this December with the following titles:

True Life Adventures
Mickey Mouse in Black and White: Volume 2
a Pluto collection
a Mickey Mouse Club collection

Eddie V.

X-S Tech

I found the first series at Sam's Club and would assume that other Warehouse stores might carry them. They were $20 a piece, by far the cheapest I've ever seen.

Zarpman

I highly doubt that there would be another set featuring Mickey Mouse in future releases. The currently available Mickey Mouse in Black and White already features all of the black and white shorts, while both of the Mickey Mouse in Living Color sets contain the color cartoons up to Mickey's Christmas Carol, PLUS supplemental materials such as the Mickey Mouse Club bumpers, that leads me to believe there won't be much left to offer another complete set of Mickey Mouse.

I would *really* like to see another disc on the parks. :p

sds910

Hey, Zarp... gotta contradict you, but you're way off base there. The existing B/W set by NO means contains "all of the black and white shorts", merely a representative sampling of them that were pulled for a laserdisc release some years back (plus a bonus or three). You can find a complete list of the shorts in several books, including Maltin's classic "Of Mice And Magic", and I'm certain it's somewhere online as well...

Steve

Zarpman

Did a little digging, and you're right. There were many more black and white shorts than on the previously released set. I guess I took Disney's word for it when the packaging mentioned "the complete collection", or something like that. :)

Silly me.

micca

Has anyone seen the new batch in the stores yet? Sometimes the stores blow off the embargo and put them out a day or three early. Any luck yet?

D

DisneyFanatic001

I ordered the current set from DVDplanet.com and they are on the way as we speak (they were shipped out to me last Thursday (13th)).

Gurgitoy2

Ok, here's the list of the series. I have to correct Rich T. a little bit.

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 1

Mickey Mouse in Living Color - Volume 1
Silly Symphonies
Disneyland USA
Davy Crockett

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 2

Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios
The Complete Goofy
Mickey Mouse in Black and White - Volume 1

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 3

Mickey Mouse in Living Color - Volume 2
The Chronological Donald - Volume 1
Walt Disney on the Front Lines
Walt Disney's Tomorrowland

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 4

Mickey Mouse in Black and White - Volume 2
The Mickey Mouse Club - the First Season
The Complete Pluto
Walt Disney's True Life Adventures

X-S Tech

Woo Hoo!!! I just got "On the Frontlines" at Tower Records on sale for 24.99. Now if I can just find the box I have the DVD Player wires in from our move.....

I was really excited to get this set for the unreleased stuff like Victory Through Air Power and Der Feurhers Face but now that I see the full contents I'm most excited about a few of the shorts I remember seeing on Disney Channel when I was young, like "Reason and Emotion" and "Chicken Little" (don't remember this one being WWII oriented but I guess it's a valid metaphor). Now where the heck are those wires....?

Rich T.

Ben, thanks for setting the list straight! (Oops! :))

I just found out MM in Living Color II includes Runaway Brain. Now I definitely have to get it!

Series four looks awesome: Can't wait for the Mouse Club set.

- Rich T.

X-S Tech

They were going quick? Well that's a good sign. I always have a heck of a time finding them. Nobody knows how to classify them, it's even rare to find them in (the usually standard) kids section. Tower only had Front Lines and Mickey though so perhaps the others were already sold through.

Eddie Valiant

I grabbed all four at Fry's for $24.99 each. The Complete Donald was probably the best selling of the four based on the quantities available. All four are fantastic, IMO, and definitely worth the price. Go get 'em!

Eddie V.

X-S Tech

I had heard that one of the reasons for one of the delays was that the packaging was being redone to eliminate Roy's Signature and name. That doesn't seem to be the case.

I just went ahead and bought 'em all at Best Buy yesterday for $24.99 each; they had plenty of all titles. I waited on the last set and ended up paying about $50 each for Mickey B&W and Goofy.......

Mickey Mouse Club, first season coming up.....WOW......anyone know off hand if the Hardy Boys and the Applegate treasure series was in the first season? I'd love to see and hear "Gold Doubloons and Pieces of Eight" again--plus, I don't think I ever got to find out what happened to those gold doubloons and pieces of eight!

Mike

dalvarad

The best price I've seen is at Costco for 21.99......they had all titles except the Tomorrowland set was in a different section (wierd.)

Watched most of On the Front Lines last nite-it's fascinating to see this work at last.....

Gurgitoy2

I heard that the reason wave 3 was delayed was becaues of supply and demand. Pre-orders were high for "On the Front Lines" and "The Chronological Donald", so rather than release fewer DVD's than were needed, they decided to delay the release and bump up the production numbers. I think that's why "On the Front Lines" has the highest at 250,000.

I'm also very glad they kept all of the Roy signatures, quotes, & interviews on the sets.

Gurgitoy2

Yeah, I noticed, especially on the "On the Front Lines" set that you can't even fast forwad through Maltin's introductions. So you HAVE to watch him every time you want to see a particular short.

Gurgitoy2

Oh, and I didn't mean that to be too negative. It's just a minor annoyance with an otherwise brilliant set. I agree with Bill, in that I can't believe we're actually getting to watch this stuff! I actually bought an extra copy of it, just in case!

I think that this wave is, by far, my favorite of the 3.