Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland on CD

jmuboy

FROM MOUSEPLANET.com:

"Two new theme park CDs to debut tomorrow
Tomorrow, Walt Disney Records releases two theme park-focused CDs, new and old. For those who have purchased the six-disc 50th anniversary A Musical History of Disneyland set but do not have the equipment to play the bonus vinyl record included in the set, fear not; tomorrow, you can buy Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland on CD. In 1956, the album was the first record released by Disneyland Records, which later became Walt Disney Records. Walt Disney narrates a tour through Disneyland, which features music from all lands of the park. "

Does anyone know if this new CD will be sold in the parks? I am so happy I can leave my vinyl safe and not have to play it!

BLM07

This is the 2nd CD:

If you'd rather sing along to theme park tunes without having to compete with the original voices, Disney's Carafe Series: Theme Park Favorites is being released the same day. Featuring songs such as ?: Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me),? ?There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow,? ?it's a small world? and the new Happiest Celebration anthem ?Remember When,? the CD also is coded in CD+G format so that it will display lyrics on a screen when using a karaoke machine while still being able to play in a standard CD player, and includes both instrumental and vocal versions of eight songs.

Dr. Know

Does anyone know if the instrumental versions are "authentic" or cheap covers recorded specifically for this cd?

Something i discovered on my last trip to Disneyland in May was that not all the cds are represented on screen at the kiosks. The person behind the counter had a binder with a complete printout of cd covers of what was still available ..... more than what showed on screen.

X-S Tech

Cool about the second CD being the Original music. Check the Best Buy website for that Walt Disney CD.

wampachow

Anyone found this in stores yet? I checked a Best Buy and Target - nothing. I did find several copies of The Happiest Celebration on Earth disc at Best Buy.

BLM07

I saw Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland in Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney, the packaging is like a CD sized vinyl and its $19 but way too much to spend on that release. The karaoke CD was also there, I believe it was cheaper, but I'm not sure.

SharonKurland

Pretty much ALL of the CDs at the Virgin at DTD are $19. I don't go to the mall often enough to see how they compare with Sam Goody et al. Whatever the market will bear, I guess.....grrrrr!

-Sharon-
Orlando FL

wampachow

I just found Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland at Best Buy for $10.99. For those Minnesotans, it was at the one in Richfield on 494, and there were still 2 or 3 copies left. It's in the kid's section, which is right next to the Soundtracks, and I was suprised to find it came in cardboard packaging, similar to a mini-album cover. (Thus there is no sticker on top of the case identifying the title.)

I was thinking I'd have to transfer my gold album to CD, but it's worth the $11 to buy it!

Yeah, I saw them in the Children's Music section of Best Buy also here in LA. $9.99. It's cute, a miniature cardboard record jacket reproduction to hold a CD. Didn't buy it since I already have it on CD. But I am curious: is it gold too? :p

I know it's not, but I pro'ly would've bought it if I knew it was! :D

wampachow

Nope - not gold. The disc art pretty much looks like a mini version of the original vinyl.

I had never heard this album before now, and I was pleasantly surprised about the amount of great instrumental music there. I love the sound of Oliver Wallace's and George Bruns' Disney scores, and I was happy to hear more of their work.

Big Al

This CD is great! I Loved how they had us traveling up main street on the horsecar, with the clip clop of the horseshoes laid under the music. However, what is up with the different rocket to the moon music? That wasn't on the real attraction as I recall. I have the 6-CD MHD set, and the Flight to the moon is completely different. Who can clarify?

X-S Tech

Yeah the music on the Walt CD is all just for that album, as far as anyone knows, none of it was ever used in the park. It's all just meant to evoke the feeling of each land.