WAIT A MINUTE!

s8ntmark

Is the Box set on sale yet at DL??? I thought it wasnt until next week but a few people have mentioned listening to it....whats the dealeo??

ArnyVee

Might want to check some of the other threads. Sure seems like folks have been purchasing some of the sets already.

jmuboy

Disneyland mistakenly sold like one case. The mistake was caught and all the others sets were set aside for next week. Only afew were sold.

DrDisney

One of which may be found on Ebay already, by someone wanting to "make sure other Disney fans had the same opportunity". ::)

Must be a typo where it shows the price way above the amount it sold for at Disney.

--Tim

X-S Tech

Well, actually various locations at DL have been releasing the sets as they get them. The official street date isn't until the 3rd but apparently the first batch sold in under an hour, and so when they came in teh next day, dollar signs blinded DL Management so much that they couldn't quite read that street date anymore. Get there early as they go fast, though the Main St. Music shop seems to open late (noon) on the weekdays.

By the bye, what are the "various locations"?

Naturally 20th Century Music, but where would one look in the Emporium or WOD? Are there other spots, including DCA?

Just want to know, since this is beginning to sound like the "beanie circuit" of years past!

Jason

X-S Tech

So far it's actually just been the music shop and Disneyana to my knowledge. But there are other locations that carry music and they might be worth checking out, though I haven't heard of them releasing it yet: Star Traders, World of Disney, Emporium (Storybook Store).

MagicalPins

One of which may be found on Ebay already, by someone wanting to "make sure other Disney fans had the same opportunity". ::)

Must be a typo where it shows the price way above the amount it sold for at Disney.

--Tim

Tim, nope it wasnt a typo.

--Tim

Can we give the whole EBAY thing a rest please? Selling one set on EBAY to help pay for some of the costs of buying the first set does not put him in the same category the people who purchased 25 copies to sell on Ebay. DisneyDirect may have been wrong to not set limits on the number of purchases, but they are in the business of selling things and making money. He didn't advertise his auction here, so give it a rest!

DrDisney

--Tim

Can we give the whole EBAY thing a rest please? Selling one set on EBAY to help pay for some of the costs of buying the first set does not put him in the same category the people who purchased 25 copies to sell on Ebay. DisneyDirect may have been wrong to not set limits on the number of purchases, but they are in the business of selling things and making money. He didn't advertise his auction here, so give it a rest!

It's something about which I feel strongly, so I brought it up here in a relevant thread. I certainly didn't mean to offend you personally, and I respect your opinion on it, but I reserve the right to post my opinions as well until directed to not do so by the moderator, but not by you.

For what it's worth, I agree there is a difference in paying for your own with an entrepreneurial (sp?) move such as this and scalping all you can for as many units as you can. However, I only call him on the taking of the moral high ground of, and I quote, "There is nothing wrong with that and it also helps get it out to more fans." It's simply a statement with which I disagree, that's all. I think the Disney fans who would want such an item would much more likely be looking to purchase it at the source rather than through a secondary market at a substantial markup. Again, just my opinion and nothing personal against you or MagicalPins.

--Tim

You are as welcome to your opinion as I am to mine. I was not offended the first time you posted it, either, but I think to keep rehashing it with snide comments is getting a little old and tiresome, hence my "give it a rest" comment.

CPNHOOK15

:p

Let's try not to accuse or DEFEND the Ebay sellers.

Personally, the majority of them seem like money-grubbing opportunists who prey off the desires of others.

My problem is not that people sell things on ebay, its that they BUY things IN ORDER TO then turn around and SELL them on ebay - for MORE than they could be purchased for.

They say they are doing it to allow those who couldnt purchase it initially the opportunity to purchase one now. My question is: If 10 people hadnt bought 10 extra copies, 100 more people could have bought them direct WITHOUT the markup. It's a legal scam.

Is that what this world is coming to? Whenever we purchase something, we need to buy at least 2... that way we can sell one for a mark-up to recoup some of the cost of the first one?

Maybe Im just not greedy. Who knows?

Tim C

DrDisney

You are as welcome to your opinion as I am to mine. I was not offended the first time you posted it, either, but I think to keep rehashing it with snide comments is getting a little old and tiresome, hence my "give it a rest" comment.

I will check the snideness at the door. :D

Scott

Let's try not to accuse or DEFEND the Ebay sellers.

Personally, the majority of them seem like money-grubbing opportunists who prey off the desires of others.

Were these two sentences supposed to be this incongruous, or was that just a happy accident?

X-S Tech

There's a wierd dichotomy in America about defending Capatilism as a way of life, and decrying it as a sinful pasttime. I'm not saying that it's wrong, but I've always been fascinated by that. Heck Disney is a good example of Captalism run amok. Much as I despise the guy, one wonders if Disney would have stayed around so long if it wasn't for Eisner.

Back to ebay, there are those who will buy up hoards of a particular item for the specific purpose of reselling it. Though often these are items which are fads and quickly lose their value. Yes someone may miss out on the initial rush, but they can probably pick one or (ten) up at a fraction of the cost a month or two down the road. However, ebay is still full of those who are simply trying to get a little money for stuff they don't need anymore. And if they can get more than they paid for it...well good for them! The market regulates itself- if someone wasn't willing to buy it for that price, they wouldn't be able to sell it.

CPNHOOK15

;)
Those first two sentances of mine were meant that way Scott. Thanks for noticing my quirky sense of sarcasm.

To clarify: I have no problem with people selling stuff they have, for whatever price they can get. More power to them.

Where I think it becomes dirty is when they buy large quantities of limited items and then resale then for profit.

I guess I have always had this idea of ebay as: Hey, I wound up with (#x) of these and only need (#x) so I will sell the others. Or someone gave me or I found these and dont want/need them. NOT, I know people will want these and they will become harder to find, so I will buy as many as I can before they can get them and then sell them to them for more than they would have paid before.

I love analogies:

You send your child to school with $5 for lunch. But before your kid can get in line, some other kid has bought all the remaining lunches. He now wants to sell them for $6.50. I can only imagine the line of parents outside the principals office.

On the contrary, if some kid isnt gonna eat his dessert and sells it to another kid for $.50, well more power to him. Or if that kid was accidentally given 2 hamburgers instead of 1, well, sell away my friend.

As far as Eisner, I think his problem is he overstayed his usefullness. Nobody can deny the good he has done for Disney, but he let power go to his head and it screwed up his priorities and logic, hence the company suffers greatly now because of him. IMHO