VMK - Main Street Music

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hello:

Can anyone here identify the music played on Main Street in the Virtual Magic Kingdom? It sounds really familiar, but I can't place it.

Thanks,
wedroy1923

xfkirsten

I've been wondering that as well! Also, one of the themes in the Pirates game sounds very familiar. Not the actual Yo Ho themes, but there's one that sounds more like it came from a film score...

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Yeah . . . isn't that a great piece of music? Really triumphant in a Magic Kingdom kind of way.

Do you know what I mean when I say in a Magic Kingdom kind of way vs. an Epcot kind of way . . . just has a different feel, I suppose.

wedroy1923

Zarpman

Although I like it too, I couldn't help but think that it was the music you'd normally hear in Timekeeper in Tomorrowland. I figured I must be hearing it wrong because why would they play Tomorrowland music on Main Street?

I believe they use some of Epcot's entrance medley for the fireworks game.

You have to remember that while they do strive for a level of authenticity, this is a VIRTUAL Magic Kingdom, not based on any one Disney park specifically, and music that might be suitable for a particular game or area on the game might not necessarily come from the living breathing versions in the real world.

mmmfan

I read that DSL connection speed or faster is required to play.Is it possible to play if you have a dial-up connection? Has anyone here who has dial-up tried to play? Any answers appreciated.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I'm still in the dark ages with my dial-up connection. I can play VMK, but like everything else, it takes forever to load . . .

wedroy1923