Visiting Walt Disney World in October

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
So, I'm thinking about visiting Walt Disney World in October. Any thoughts on crowds? Is it better to come a month before or after? Or is Food and Wine Festival worth the crowds at Epcot?

Horizons

Playlist Author
October is one of my favorite times at WDW. Food & Wine, Oktoberfest at the Biergarten, and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It doesn't get much better than this. Plus, if you come on October 1st, to celebrate EPCOT's 30th anniversary, I may bump into you. :)

jalves

Food & Wine is a great reason to go in October. If you're a lover of food and/or wine (or other beverages) then the WDW Food & Wine festival is a great take.

Some people worry about the crowd impact, fearing that hordes of people descend on WDW for this event resulting in long lines for attractions. But that's not what happens. The people that go to F&W are very much focused on Epcot's World Showcase. And even then they are at the booths, not the attractions.

If you are going for F&W, the best suggestion is to take a few week-days (not evenings, not weekends) to do the booths. That's because the "locals" show up in force at night and on weekends. Also, plan on at least two "loops" around WS. Once clockwise, the other counterclockwise. You'll find that once you get about half way around you'll be feeling full so this strategy will let you appreciate all the booths.

Bring plenty of money and use one of the wrist-strap size gift cards they sell at the festival centers. Its very convenient.