Tomorrowland Transit Authority

almandot

Surprised you haven't ran onto the track to record Indy Speedway speakers. I went on that for the first time yesterday and boy does it suck. What a dumb track, 2 turns and you're done. :p But anyways ya.. more tomorrowland audio for you to get.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Surprised you haven't ran onto the track to record Indy Speedway speakers. I went on that for the first time yesterday and boy does it suck. What a dumb track, 2 turns and you're done. :p But anyways ya.. more tomorrowland audio for you to get.
Those audio clips from the Speedway have been on my want list for some time. :p

gmeader

...It doesn't seem like WDI took much care to renovating this attraction at all; instead of actually replacing the speakers to improve the sound of the old spiel...

Sometimes things are not always as they seem. Years ago an upgrade of DL Small World Audio (amps/speakers and soundtrack) was proposed by WDI. We were told by DL Maintenance that we couldn't touch the ceiling speakers. It seems there was substantial amount asbestos used back when the attraction was built and if any of the ceiling speakers were removed the entire space above the false ceiling would need to be cleared of all asbestos before the show could re-open to the public. Needless to say this was a very expensive task so the old beat up speakers remained. I don't know about this particular show and I'm not trying to defend WDI but there may be non-obvious reasons why things are the way they are.

A month later I finally get a response from Guest Relations. I basically just voiced my discontent with the refurb and here's how they replied:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.

When we receive comments from Guests, such as yours, they are shared
with various areas of our organization. This allows us to identify what
we are doing right, and what we can do better. You may be assured that
your observations have been shared and taken seriously.

If you should wish to discuss your comments further, or provide us with
additional details, you may call me at 407-560-3415. If I am not
immediately available when you call, please leave your telephone number
and an indication of the best time to reach you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your honest and
constructive feedback. We hope to have future opportunities to
entertain you at our Resort.

Sincerely,

Janelle Loren
Guest Correspondence Associate
Guest Communication Services
Walt Disney World Resort

X-S Tech

While I find it interesting to evaluate this sort of thing, changes to narration on this type of attraction don't bother me that much. Peoplemovers, Monorails, Steamboats, and Railroads all fall into a category in my mind that are destined to be contstantly updated, far more frequently than other attractions, to provide commentary about passing scenery and attractions, and thus are far more subject to the changing whims of Imagineers. However, this means if I don't like a particular spiel, I know it will eventually change again. Just my opinion.

almandot

While I find it interesting to evaluate this sort of thing, changes to narration on this type of attraction don't bother me that much. Peoplemovers, Monorails, Steamboats, and Railroads all fall into a category in my mind that are destined to be contstantly updated, far more frequently than other attractions, to provide commentary about passing scenery and attractions, and thus are far more subject to the changing whims of Imagineers. However, this means if I don't like a particular spiel, I know it will eventually change again. Just my opinion.

But this is Disneyworld, where the buses spiel still tells guest to enjoy the Share a Dream Come True parade and the monorails told guests about the prizes they might win during the Year of a Million dreams half a year into the What Would You Celebrate campaign.