Tomorrowland Area Music [DL/WDW]

To answer both: TL 2055 (aka the Space Mountain Concourse) I think was installed in 1998, around the time of the opening of the new Tomorrowland 1998. The concourse loop to my knowledge has not been replaced by the current Tomorrowland loop, as it still playing to crowds while in the restrooms. As to when the Current Tomorrowland Area loop was installed? 2005 I believe, around the time when BLAB opened and Space Mountain returned.

See my blog entry:

[entry=341]The Current Tomorrowland Area Music at Disneyland and Walt Disney World[/entry]

Timekeeper

Cmdr Crimson

Is the Current DL loop also the same as the one at Tokyo DL? It's interesting that it had it's own rendition of the tracks. The Loop also plays the Monorail song and also has The Timekeepers theme on it as well..Here's where I found it on Youtube..I haven't seen a full version together unfortunately....

Club 33

Playlist Author
Timekeeper said:
The concourse loop to my knowledge has not been replaced by the current Tomorrowland loop, as it still playing to crowds while in the restrooms.
Unfortunately the Concourse loop no longer plays. It used to play in the bathrooms, but around the time that HISTA closed to be converted back into Captain EO the speakers went silent. They are still silent now. Probably there is a switch backstage somewhere that could turn the music back on, but it remains off for now. To my knowledge at that time the music only played in the Space Mountain restooms.

The new TL loop used to play up on the concourse from speakers on the underside of the Peoplemover track, but those too have gone silent in recent years. For the most part TL area music in general now plays only from the speakers up by the Observatron.

nelsonj3

['New Track in WDW Tomorrowland Area Music' merge point. —Admin]

I am at MK today, and I was walking through Tomorrowland when I noticed some new music playing. The main loop is still the same, but they've added the old Disneyland Monorail Song. It's in the same electronic style as the rest of the loop. Pretty nice addition! Now I have to record it. Lol

Club 33

Playlist Author
Ah ha Nelson, you beat me to it! Noticed this last week and finally got around today to recording it. I believe the version of the loop they're playing now is the one created for Disneyland, which has always had The Monorail Song included.

The new loop is exactly the same as the previous 2003 version we know and love, but The Monorail Song is spliced into it at 25:54 At 28:38 the loop continues as normal to the end.

This does point out something I guess I never noticed before- in all the recordings I have of the 2003 version of the loop, the last track in the loop is a repeat of the first track in the loop (Miracles from Molecules). An odd choice considering that in looped playback you would end up hearing that same track twice.

In the new version of the loop, that second Miracles from Molecules doesn't appear, meaning with the addition of The Monorail Song the overall runtime of the loop stays the same (39:35).

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Holy merged topics, Batman! :blink:

batman.gif