Tokyo DisneySea Expert Question

CPNHOOK15

Maliboomer,
If I may be so bold as to speak for *us people*, I think what we want are direct, specific, POLITE, answers from someone who speaks TO US, not DOWN at us. Again, I haven't been on this forum for long, so correct me if I'm wrong folks.
I often wonder if *your type of people* speak like that in real life, or if you merely like to hide behind the anonymity of the web. Most people who speak like you in real life get pounded in the face relatively often.
There are many other forums where *your* kind of attitude is allowed. Whether you are right or wrong is a moot point at this time. Please be kind or go elsewhere.

Tim

X-S Tech

I've seen that video before and what I did notice about it was where the music matched the Disneyland version. Off the top of my head the biggest difference I noticed was the cue as your vehicle began and as it approached the skull. This was clearly different. But beyond that it was difficult to discern if the silence that I was hearing was really there or whether other noise was just interferring with the recording. Check out the really long Sinbad video though (mythic character, not comedian). This is very cool and ya get to hear a little bit of Buddy Bakers stuff.

Gurgitoy2

But, again, it the same score. It wasn't completely re-recorded for this attraction, so why not use a version for the OA that flows nicely without any silent pauses. Disneyland's also can alter the music in each of the jeeps, yet still that track from the Disneyland OA pretty much sums up all of the music you might hear on the attraction.

Look, I'm not saying both attractions are identical. They clearly are not. However, the fact that the Tokyo DisneySea music album uses the Disneyland track is not a big deal since the music was not redone.

I GIVE UP.

There is NO telling you people anything. My first response was very specific and exactly answered the question. I REGISTERED to this damn forum TO help the person's question, since I had the same question one year earlier of my friend who went to the park before me.

Some of you people really need to wake up and get a life. You ask a question and you don't like the answer, so the answer must not be correct. Again, newsflash, I've ridden the Tokyo attraction dozens of times, and the Anaheim attraction hundreds of times. I've been to nearly every theme park in the United States as well as a dozen in Japan and several in Canada. *I* know what I'm talking about. As if I need to further prove myself to any on you peons, the Anaheim version is my favorite theme park attraction period.

I'm through trying to help you know-nothing piss-ants. I'm sorry my direct, specific answer wasn't good enough for you. I'm sorry trying to help was apparently such a terrible thing to do. Just do me a favor several of you - and you know who you are: Get a real life outside of Disney CDs and internet, OK?

And for the people who still claim that seeing the video it is identical - Maybe you need to find an Anaheim video then, because as of right now, you do not strike me as very intelligent or worthy of any sort of opinion on the subject. As I've said before - If you want to have the audacity to question whether or not I am right- at least take the time to fly yourself to Japan and ride it as I have done. Until then show a little respect to the fact that in this case, I am far more knowledgeable than any of the rest of you on this particular subject.

You can respond all you want. Frankly I couldn't care less what any of you say anymore. You think you have such a euphoric little message board but you're no different than all the rest. You proved that in calling me a liar without any experience on your ends to back it up. I'm done. I'm leaving, I don't give a shit what happens to any of you, what CDs you buy, how many days it is until you record your next piece of stolen park music or what questions you have for advice anymore.

-End.

X-S Tech

;DWow. I just read that again. For someone who doesn't care this little question sure fueled a lot of passion in him didn't it? Again I say, never in all my time at this board....

ex-wdi

Wow!
I have never - in all my years of collecting theme park audio seen a response like this guy Maliboomer - it's fine to point out discrepencies in someone's description of audio, but at least have the decency to be polite about it.

I worked on TDS (not Indy - Sinbad & other attractions) - but David Durand, the Art Director for the ride let me know when I was there that they were using the exact same audio from the California version, just with different sound effects. So - yes it is different, but also the same. I may be wrong here (something I can admit) - but my opinion is that it is the same audio with different pacing & different sound effects.

X-S Tech

Thanks ex-wdi. This is kind of what I expected, though I believe that maliboomer was suggesting that the cues played in a different order. In other words, the CA version as represented on the Official Album isn't an accurate depiction of the Tokyo Experience.

Can you help us out with the other attractions ex-wdi (see the first post)? This question also applies to the Mermaid Lagoon CD.

ex-wdi

OK - since I get a lot from this group (and rarely give back!) - here's a mp3 of a live recording I took of Indy back in 2002. You all can compare to DL Indy & make up your own mind....

Sorry - I took this down... - Chris

This link won't be up long, so grab it now!

As for Mermaid - can you be more specific in the question? Not that I'm an expert here...

X-S Tech

OK for example:

-There's a track labeled Flounders Flying Fish Coaster BGM. I assume this is area music, or perhaps what plays during your trip (don't know if they have speakers like Space Mountain DLP). But is it? If it's area music, how much of it. Is it a piece of a longer loop?

Actually this pretty much applies to the whole album. So much of it is BGM stuff.

ex-wdi

I'm only going on assumption here - but I believe that all the BGMs on the Mermaid disc are accurate - but in some cases may be in slightly shorter form....

Chris

Gurgitoy2

Geez! I come back from a power outage and look what happens!

Ex-WDI, thanks for mostly clearing that up. Ok, so the score was the same, but used differently. Makes sense, and that was what I was basically trying to say. Maybe I just didn't say it in a way that made sense?

Also, you were very polite about answering the question, THANK YOU!! I totally appreciate information like that when it's not being given to me with an attitude. You have a lot more credibility (with me anyway) because of that.

Thanks for the info about Mermaid Lagoon too. I thought the same thing as X-S did.

Well, I certainly didn't mean for Maliboomer to go off like a nutcase, but hey, I was just trying to make a point. Oh well, nobody's going to chase me off the forum!

Dr. Know

Well, well, well,

This thread certainly took on a life of its own while I was away at the MK. I can't say I'm sorry to see Boomer go. And I missed out on that link, ex-wdi, but your responses were most helpful. This is something that I have wondered about since acquiring the TDS cd when it first came out.

Glad to be back among friends!

Jim :)